Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 12:24 PM

779 posts, read 484,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
We must be miscommunicating or something.
A quote from you is "They will not say it's about race"
I disputed that since I most certainly have seen that reported as well as calling it 'racist terrorism".
Sorry yes we are ships passing in the night. (romantic huh?)

I watch all the outlets. The right will not embrace that it was a racist act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 12:42 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willingsniper View Post
Sorry yes we are ships passing in the night. (romantic huh?)

I watch all the outlets. The right will not embrace that it was a racist act.

I'd guess you're referring to a few well known religious asshats that love to spout of in front of the media.
Definitely a time not to broadbrush.
Their agenda is well known. I won't say it's going to work for them but it does get them front and center.

Old 06-20-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
I'd guess you're referring to a few well known religious asshats that love to spout of in front of the media.
Definitely a time not to broadbrush.
Their agenda is well known. I won't say it's going to work for them but it does get them front and center.
Well it's been working for them for decades. I don't see why it wouldn't continue.

Old 06-20-2015, 01:30 PM

AME Church terrorist Massacre Dylann Roof Manifesto found?

Wow I guess it was about christianity.

Old 06-20-2015, 04:03 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
Quote:
There is a large undercurrent of white on black racism in this country. It's systemic. And yes people sit around using the "N" word and it's new alternate "thug" to refer to blacks. To think otherwise is to be willfully blind.

Was he insane? That is yet to be determined. Is he a hateful POS racist I think he proved that.

Is all killing insane?

To me, there has got to be something wrong with people to make them do something this horrible. Maybe not where you are from.

Black and white people have killed others because one was black or white. But, mass shootings are not a common trait in racists.
Did he obsess on racists issues? Yes. Does that make it normal for him to commit mass murder? No.

I'll never agree with you on this.

Several people this year have been killed in fights for either being black or being white but most all mass shooters have a mental profile and history of having mental illness, abuse and end up killing a mass of people. They usually pick the hot topic around them, in this case racism. If he had a bad day at work it could have been his boss and co workers because he was ill.

Some black guys beat up mixed race couples and kill the white guy with the black girl simple because he's white. Some white guys do the same to a black man for being with a white girl. Some do it because the humans skin color didn't match the majorities in a neighborhood. Some riot and then find white people, pull them out of trucks and beat them silly just because they are white and feel they deserve it.
Some black people kill as a retaliation against white people, police, etc. Some white people make life hard for black people as well. No getting around that part of society, that effects us all regardless of color. A white atheist just shot a Muslim last month, some black guy just ambushed and killed 2 officers several months ago. An atheist just got beat to death last year. A white cop killed some black guy for selling cigs, a black cop killed a white kid for walking around campus naked. I could go on and on regarding both sides and then some. Nobody has the right to do any of these, regardless of their history. Nobody. Nowadays it's pretty even on all sides. I don't know what you want? (and I know you are white but you are the one engaging in this convo, it's doesn't matter) Why you felt the reason to let me know you were white, like it would change my opinion I'll never know. It doesn't. Trying to make me sound racist just because I think this guy was mentally ill and not just a black hater is fruitless.

This is not the same. Methodically planning to kill loads of people and then yourself is different. If you want to reach all the insane people good luck, but even in countries without freedom to carry weapons have mass shootings, bombings by mentally ill people. They also fly planes into mountains as seen in France because they don't like their job. They kill large groups of people and get massive attention but, more killing actually occurs daily and adds up to more over the year than a mass shooting. It just doesn't get the coverage.

I was truly hoping for more of a unity and less of a divide but given all the coverage and attention focused on the divide instead of what unites us I guess I'm being a bit naive. Let the riots commence, all white people are racist. I'll hide inside and wait until this country appreciates all that it has instead of concentrating on all it does not. Most white people aren't racists whether you agree or not. Guess you hang out with a bad crowd, I'd change friends.

Good luck carrying that torch. If tearing down SC makes everyone feel better I guess it's the course you'll take. Glad I don't live there right now. I'm Asian, and we all know how the rest of you feel about us.
I remember the riots in L.A. and how we all protected the shops in our Korean neighborhood. Fun stuff!! NOT.

May I end on hoping the divide closes and unity wins this new war. Peace.

Old 06-20-2015, 04:12 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
AME Church terrorist Massacre Dylann Roof Manifesto found?

Wow I guess it was about christianity.

Did you read the same link that I did that you posted????
It was all about racism.
Are you OK?

Old 06-20-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:

Did you read the same link that I did that you posted????
It was all about racism.
Are you OK?
Sarcasm is wasted on you huh?

Old 06-20-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
To me, there has got to be something wrong with people to make them do something this horrible. Maybe not where you are from.

Black and white people have killed others because one was black or white. But, mass shootings are not a common trait in racists.
Did he obsess on racists issues? Yes. Does that make it normal for him to commit mass murder? No.

I'll never agree with you on this.

Several people this year have been killed in fights for either being black or being white but most all mass shooters have a mental profile and history of having mental illness, abuse and end up killing a mass of people. They usually pick the hot topic around them, in this case racism. If he had a bad day at work it could have been his boss and co workers because he was ill.

Some black guys beat up mixed race couples and kill the white guy with the black girl simple because he's white. Some white guys do the same to a black man for being with a white girl. Some do it because the humans skin color didn't match the majorities in a neighborhood. Some riot and then find white people, pull them out of trucks and beat them silly just because they are white and feel they deserve it.
Some black people kill as a retaliation against white people, police, etc. Some white people make life hard for black people as well. No getting around that part of society, that effects us all regardless of color. A white atheist just shot a Muslim last month, some black guy just ambushed and killed 2 officers several months ago. An atheist just got beat to death last year. A white cop killed some black guy for selling cigs, a black cop killed a white kid for walking around campus naked. I could go on and on regarding both sides and then some. Nobody has the right to do any of these, regardless of their history. Nobody. Nowadays it's pretty even on all sides. I don't know what you want? (and I know you are white but you are the one engaging in this convo, it's doesn't matter) Why you felt the reason to let me know you were white, like it would change my opinion I'll never know. It doesn't. Trying to make me sound racist just because I think this guy was mentally ill and not just a black hater is fruitless.

This is not the same. Methodically planning to kill loads of people and then yourself is different. If you want to reach all the insane people good luck, but even in countries without freedom to carry weapons have mass shootings, bombings by mentally ill people. They also fly planes into mountains as seen in France because they don't like their job. They kill large groups of people and get massive attention but, more killing actually occurs daily and adds up to more over the year than a mass shooting. It just doesn't get the coverage.

I was truly hoping for more of a unity and less of a divide but given all the coverage and attention focused on the divide instead of what unites us I guess I'm being a bit naive. Let the riots commence, all white people are racist. I'll hide inside and wait until this country appreciates all that it has instead of concentrating on all it does not. Most white people aren't racists whether you agree or not. Guess you hang out with a bad crowd, I'd change friends.

Good luck carrying that torch. If tearing down SC makes everyone feel better I guess it's the course you'll take. Glad I don't live there right now. I'm Asian, and we all know how the rest of you feel about us.
I remember the riots in L.A. and how we all protected the shops in our Korean neighborhood. Fun stuff!! NOT.

May I end on hoping the divide closes and unity wins this new war. Peace.
Quote:
I don't think they mean to steal the blacks spotlight from you, don't worry.
This is why. And you don't have to agree with me, just continue being wrong.

Old 06-20-2015, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Not nearly on the level of this country.

Old 06-20-2015, 04:20 PM

The US is a systemically racist country. And the browner you are the worse it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality