Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 07:26 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
That is because you only read what you want to read, and only hear what you want to hear.

Read my post above for example. You will likely ignore it because it does not fit in with your fetid little narrative here. But the fact is I specifically called for incidents like this NOT to be treated as religious at all. If someone is inciting violence or property damage against others.... be it atheist on theist, theist on atheist, or theist on theist or whatever..... then I very clearly call for treating that _equally_.

But no, you do not want to hear that, because it does not fit in with your ongoing but vacuous persecution narrative.
Of course he doesn't want to hear it. It would destroy his, "All atheists are trying to persecute Christians and take away all our rights, and put us is prison!" narrative.

I am with you on this. Anyone (be it Christian, atheist, Muslim, or otherwise) who is inciting violence or property damage or anything of that nature should be treated the same.

You see that Jeff? We aren't out to get you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 07:45 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And who is he exactly threatening to murder specifically? He made a generalization statement on the internet and then retracted it. It's certainly not right or even Christian, but people make stupid statements that they don't really mean when they are angry.

OTOH, I certainly don't see much if any outrage from your camp when specific threats are made against Christians. Here's a case where this woman who specifically told people to go burn down their business and I see no evidence that she faced any legal penalties or arrest. If we are going to arrest people for speech on the internet then the door should swing both ways

High school coach suspended after Tweet about pizzeria - ABC57 News - See the Difference Michiana
I think that woman would have been in real trouble if someone actually did burn down the business.

Fundamentalist Christian ideologues do not want to murder or harm. They want someone else to do it for them. Then they get to act all surprised, and claim they are innocent. It wasn't me, it was the other guy. He did it. I had nothing to do with it.

It is a pattern among Christian Fundamentalist Ideologue Extremists. They get weak Christian men to do their dirty work for them. After that they put themselves in the media spotlight telling people how clean their hands are.

They can't hide any longer. We have internet, and cell phone. I love the internet. Everything is visible, and there is no hiding. Just because you delete it, does not means it goes away.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:55 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I think that woman would have been in real trouble if someone actually did burn down the business.

Fundamentalist Christian ideologues do not want to murder or harm. They want someone else to do it for them. Then they get to act all surprised, and claim they are innocent. It wasn't me, it was the other guy. He did it. I had nothing to do with it.

It is a pattern among Christian Fundamentalist Ideologue Extremists. They get weak Christian men to do their dirty work for them. After that they put themselves in the media spotlight telling people how clean their hands are.

They can't hide any longer. We have internet, and cell phone. I love the internet. Everything is visible, and there is no hiding. Just because you delete it, does not means it goes away.
There are extremists in any group. That doesn't mean they represent the thoughts and wishes of mainstream Christians. The sad irony is you are giving this guy exactly what he wants. Attention. If people ignored their crazy rants, they would probably go away.

That's one reason Westboro constantly comes up with more and more outrageous stunts. Just to get attention in the media.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:11 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
There are extremists in any group. That doesn't mean they represent the thoughts and wishes of mainstream Christians. The sad irony is you are giving this guy exactly what he wants. Attention. If people ignored their crazy rants, they would probably go away.

That's one reason Westboro constantly comes up with more and more outrageous stunts. Just to get attention in the media.

I want the light shined on all extremists using God to encourage others to act in a violent manner.

The sad irony is you wish to protect them by shoving them under the rug. They do not go away. They fester. They work in secret. No more secrets. They should be exposed and condemned and watched.

They are representing mainstream Christians. Mainstream Christianity has embraced them, and thought they could control them. Wrong. These fundamentalist ideologues are not going away, and some of them have guns, lots of guns.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:11 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
There are extremists in any group. That doesn't mean they represent the thoughts and wishes of mainstream Christians.
The question isn't whether the extremists represent the current, expressed thoughts and wishes of the mainstream. The question is whether [a] they reflect either the underlying sentiments of the mainstream, [b] are fostered by the related but less inflammatory rhetoric of the mainstream, and/or [c] they represent the vanguard of further corruption of the mainstream toward their extreme interpretations of what the mainstream represents.

Quote:
The sad irony is you are giving this guy exactly what he wants. Attention.
Since the presence of hate within your ranks reflects poorly on your ranks, you think it is rational to ignore it, instead of taking positive action against it. That's condemnable itself, albeit not as severely as the murderous exhortations referenced in the OP. Silence implies assent, despite protestations to the contrary. If you don't want to be painted with the same brush as the extremists within your cohort, you need to be as aggressive in confronting and opposing them as you are with any other aspect of your advocacy. Otherwise, accept that your corrupt prioritization of elevation of your own personal preferences above more important considerations, such as the opposition to hate.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:57 AM

203 posts, read 193,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Is there any of the Christian right or fundamentalist Christians or evangelical Christians or whatever your term what you call yourself today, who agree with this?

Evangelist Calls On Christians To Assassinate Abortion Providers
WE need to obliterate all pastors who tell their followers to harm others.

Disgusted with America these days.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:04 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Is there any of the Christian right or fundamentalist Christians or evangelical Christians or whatever your term what you call yourself today, who agree with this?

I would think this constitutes hate speech. Report to the local police?

Old 12-01-2015, 11:53 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:

Jeff, this goofball has had a large following on YouTube for years. All of them who pretend that they are good little Christians, and the big bad atheists want to take the rights away.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:27 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Jeff, this goofball has had a large following on YouTube for years. All of them who pretend that they are good little Christians, and the big bad atheists want to take the rights away.
And if an outlier non religious or homosexual group made an outlandish or radical statement Jeff would be accusing all gays or all atheists of supporting it. And thst is not an assumption as that has happened in the past. And no I am not going through the past posts to prove it as I have done that before and he would ignore it.

Not only have some Christian ministers called for abortion providers to be killed but others have called for gays to be either killed or do Long hard jail time. Manning is one example.

Not that I believe that more than a tiny percentage of Christians would agree with the pastor in question but the same goes for there being little support for terrorists among the North American Muslim population nor many atheist the least bit concerned about Gideon bibles in state owned hotels.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:51 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:

I think the next time some whack job murders an abortion provider, this evangelist should be charged with conspiracy to commit murder.

(not just next time, every time from now on)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality