Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 11:26 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What I'm asking is WHY you believe murder and genocide to be wrong? All you've got is presuppositions. You keep repeating the same thing over and over again, but you're never able to answer the question of WHY?
Why is murder wrong? Do you really need this question answered? I would suggest you go see a psychiatrist. Maybe he can help you with your lack of moral compass.

Murder is wrong because you are taking a life. (killing someone in self defense or something like that is not murder, since you seem to always bring that up.) Even my toddler would be able to answer that question. The fact that you can't proves what I said to be correct. You lack any moral compass of your own. Without religion, you would be unable to tell what is right and wrong, and that is just plain scary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2015, 11:30 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
People have been telling you WHY for a long time, but you simply don't listen.

You keep missing the fact that IMHO Vizio's worldview is that one must have a moral authority or else it is just a person opinion and does not go beyond the one person. It is a matter of two world views not seeing each other's view: one is that morals can only come from a God authority and the other that societies create their own morals based on self substainabitly and the socieity's best interest as well as those of the members of that society. I probably worded it poorly but I think Vizio keeps expecting you to provide who is your authority to give you your morals and you miss understanding that his worldview requires this moral authority in order for there to be morals.

Both of you are talking passed eached other.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:33 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Why is murder wrong? Do you really need this question answered? I would suggest you go see a psychiatrist. Maybe he can help you with your lack of moral compass.

Murder is wrong because you are taking a life. (killing someone in self defense or something like that is not murder, since you seem to always bring that up.) Even my toddler would be able to answer that question. The fact that you can't proves what I said to be correct. You lack any moral compass of your own. Without religion, you would be unable to tell what is right and wrong, and that is just plain scary
Moderator cut: We aren't debating abortion. Oh wait, it's not so black and white now huh? The scary thing is laying down the track before the train and making up morality as you go. Along with the false notion that previous generations were just either stupid, ignorant and less moral than the current one.

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-02-2015 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: This thread isn't about the pros/cons of abortion

Old 12-02-2015, 11:59 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
So what? He judged a nation and he gave out punishment. Is that wrong? Why? What standard of morality do you use to determine that? You THINK it's wrong.....why? Can you answer that? Don't just assume it and tell it is because it is. I want you to answer specifically why it is wrong.

Until you can do that, it's nothing more than an opinion--and is equal to anyone else's view.
Yes, I do think it is wrong to slaughter a nation, including innocent children who have done nothing at all deserving punishment.

According to the Bible, God created people, gave them free will, but then gets cranky and murders them when they exercise their free will.

If God exists, He has no morals at all.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:08 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And Christianity has a multitude of passages that clearly state that the death of Christ fulfilled the requirements of the Old Law. It doesn't apply. We are saved through grace and faith and told to love even our enemies. There are no commands to murder people after Christ. None.
What do you mean "it doesn't apply"? Did God die and get replaced by a new God between testaments? It is the same "God". His character did not change.

Quote:
God only commanded death to the enemies of His chosen people as a last resort in a kill or be killed culture.
A. Not true. (Who was trying to kill Noah?)

B. God must not be very powerful if genocide is the only way He can keep His chosen people safe.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:20 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
You keep missing the fact that IMHO Vizio's worldview is that one must have a moral authority or else it is just a person opinion and does not go beyond the one person. It is a matter of two world views not seeing each other's view: one is that morals can only come from a God authority and the other that societies create their own morals based on self substainabitly and the socieity's best interest as well as those of the members of that society. I probably worded it poorly but I think Vizio keeps expecting you to provide who is your authority to give you your morals and you miss understanding that his worldview requires this moral authority in order for there to be morals.

Both of you are talking passed eached other.
I know exactly what Vizio's worldview is. I grew up in it.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:36 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I know exactly what Vizio's worldview is. I grew up in it.

Then you should know that he does not want to change or alter his worldview and he is blinded by it. I should have remembered that you were from that culture. You are bitter and he is blind hence I still stand with the two of you are talking passed each other. That is how it appears to me anyhow.

I only see his posts when someone quotes them.

Old 12-02-2015, 01:20 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
What church does he pastor?

He's an internet personality. That's it. I hereby openly condemn his statements as inflammatory and wrong. He needs to repent.

Having said that, what is your beef with Christianity? Why do you DAILY post nonsense attacking all Christians, likening us to a fringe personality? If I were to go over to the Islam board and suggest that all Muslims were like the guys that attacked France, would it be a good thing? Do you think people would receive that well?
All I report is what is publicly available. I don't invent any of this stuff, nor do I misrepresented. I cannot help it if there are so many fundamentalist Christians that are out of the mainstream. They might be the fringes, but apparently people like Trump and Cruz are able to appeal to them.

If you go over to the Muslim board, you will see I have also talk harshly that Muslims as a group need to reign in their radicals. I would hope that Christians would also start reeling in their fundamentalists but so far I have seen little sign of that. Once one sees a concerted effort by the moderate Christians to stop their radicals, I'm sure you will see less posts like the ones that I report.

These are not nonsense attacks these are just reporting facts.

Old 12-02-2015, 01:22 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,523 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: Quoted post edited. Oh wait, it's not so black and white now huh? The scary thing is laying down the track before the train and making up morality as you go. Along with the false notion that previous generations were just either stupid, ignorant and less moral than the current one.
Moderator cut: This thread is not about the politics of abortion. It is people with your views that end up shooting up planned parenthood.

When the Bible was written, most of the people were stupid, ignorant, and less moral. All you have to do is read your Bible to figure that out. Or you could pick up a history book.

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-03-2015 at 06:04 AM.. Reason: Editing out abortion stuff.

Old 12-02-2015, 01:22 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Yep, it's perfectly fine to discriminate against Christians at the bakery huh? This just shows me that your side has no interest in equal rights for all.
What the heck are you talking about discriminating against Christians at a bakery?

What persecution complex are you chasing this time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality