Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2015, 07:02 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,679,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Aren't you the one who claimed no religions? Can you say flip flop?
NoCapo presented the reasonable idea that Religion can be defined as a concept that is based upon a belief in God(s)....and Pantheism is a ideology that is God Belief based. And even though it is not typically considerd to be a Religion....it can be considered a Religion definitively.
I assessed that claim as reasonable and logical....and agreed.
I accept logic and reason....and adapt accordingly. Just because you, et al, don't do it is inconsequential to how I roll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 07:02 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,096,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Plenty of evidence for God out there. Your side? NADA. You are risking eternal destruction on wishful thinking.
There is an equal amount of evidence for the Biblical God as for Krishna, Thunderbird and Odin, so which is the "correct" god or gods?

Old 12-10-2015, 07:48 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,576,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
NoCapo presented the reasonable idea that Religion can be defined as a concept that is based upon a belief in God(s)....and Pantheism is a ideology that is God Belief based. And even though it is not typically considerd to be a Religion....it can be considered a Religion definitively.
I assessed that claim as reasonable and logical....and agreed.
I accept logic and reason....and adapt accordingly. Just because you, et al, don't do it is inconsequential to how I roll.
So, in other words you did say as I quoted and now are trying as hard as you can to spin out of it.

Very logical and reasonable - NOT. Just pretend that you actually can present a reasonable and logical argument which so far you have not. Try again.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
These are all logically consistent....so I must revert to faith.

By definition faith is an unproven and not supported by evidence. Not needed since it is faith and not fact.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Then stop claiming as FACT that God is not real. Facts are something that is proven.

And this god of yours remains unproven.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Plenty of evidence for God out there. Your side? NADA. You are risking eternal destruction on wishful thinking.

Name one verified proof that this god of yours exists and the bybul does not count. Your belief is risking your sanity when you finally realize you are wrong.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
As a Pantheist...I perceive God to be "All There Is".
On what logical basis do you determine that "All The Matter/Energy In The Universe" (God) does not exist?
It is YOUR argument that fails. Or it could just be that the Pantheist ideology is beyond your ability to understand or comprehend.

Since you have absolutely no concept of what I understand or comprehend, I shall consider this just another of your attempts to justify a myth and god just a word you use to explain what you cannot understand, merely another false concept.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
And you have zero proof that there is no God.

Ever participate in a debate? Impossible to prove a negative just as you have no proof of your false positive.

Old 12-10-2015, 08:03 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,679,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
So, in other words you did say as I quoted and now are trying as hard as you can to spin out of it.
Very logical and reasonable - NOT. Just pretend that you actually can present a reasonable and logical argument which so far you have not. Try again.
No...I accepted the facts that NoCapo presented in support of the argument from that standpoint. It is THAT evidence I am using. You don't have to accept the evidence NoCapo presented...but I do. If you claim that evidence to not be reasonable and logical...I challenge you to substantiate that.
Strange thing now though...NoCapo is now claiming it doesn't count. But that's just because it would set a precedent of accepting definitions that is fatal to the Atheist argument.

Old 12-10-2015, 08:04 PM

1,149 posts, read 1,597,358 times
I'm an atheist. Do I want to be left alone? Yes. But I also see religion causing all these problems and I'd like to protect people from it, too. So if someone asks, you better believe I'm going to decimate religion. But I'm not going to go around telling people they're bad for believing, because they're not. I would like them to be aware of what their belief system means, though, and hope they are more careful in what they believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality