Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 03:37 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,705 times

Advertisements

Billy Graham's Daughter:

If many grasp what she is saying, it may be a saving grace for a great many who awaken and understand.

We've become to accept anything- our political arena is filled with belligerence and garbage of talk of 'self appointed 'negative promoters", as a base of platform and ideology of magnetic attraction. Others use the slang of religion as the pretense to cover bigotry, bias and segregationist promotion. We have on speaking everything as a slam down against something or someone. We have another who promotes a religious fanaticism, and we have others who want to dismantle and claim to reshape the system, while at the same time playing a put down game about nothing, beyond pandering to the slang gossips so dominant in the opposition party, but pushing the same drama sequence within his claim of pursuit as if to be some purist.

We have become a society lost in the lustful lure and perpetual over sensualized imagery and fame built upon and around it, in the obsessive with the entertainment community and the play it has upon and within the voyeuristic craving of a society who has become vain and filled with lustful self aggrandizing fantasy wrapped in a chase and delusion of pleasures illusions.
We now have a society who sensationalize every person within the media of entertainment of every sort who proclaims their broadcasting of choosing homosexuality and attacking anyone who does not applaud.

Any slim figure women whom they can get before a camera is enticed to not only get as naked as the system will allow, but to promote any act and every faucet of lewdness they can conjure up, and push it as if to try and validate it by the temptations of lustful make up and provocative posing.

It is now at the point of insidiousness where they want now to teach and indoctrinate young kids before they are beyond the toddler age, and long before they come to the pre-puberty stage as if to promote the options of homosexuality, before they can learn of their natural gender and its reality in the spectrum of god given physical designations of male and/or female genitalia, not to mention all that goes into what is the in-depth intricacies made into the essence of what is a man and the essence of what is a woman.

Temptations and lures, contortions and distortions, and the push to chase pleasure as if its a drug. all the time, knowing that pleasure has the power to lead the confused, give refuge to the fearful and to consume the weak. The promotion is 24/7 in continuous rapid cycles and lust-filled presentations.

People have come to chase and ingrained the beauty that is music with the belligerency of lyrical madness and lustful spins into cycles of sadness, despair and desperation's and finding nothing but depressions wrapped in a mass of impressions.

It's all painted in the colors of money, and circled with the wealth and materialism, until no one has nor places value in anything beyond what is first presented with a "dollar sign" in front of it.

Professions have lost the core of its duty, and labels substitute the standard where quality is no longer a concern, but the status of self gratifying ego elation's and spins of blather, colluding every point and fact.

Death is now a common past-time for those caught in the loop, they dish it out with the tip of their finger, wiping out parents, husbands and wives and taking the lives of children and some pursuing the angle to death by mass killings of innocent people whom are unknown to them.

This is the reality we've created in the vanity that thrives upon the pursuit of greed and driven by Avarice seeking to acquire what can never fill the void within themselves.

The mass has lost and many even fight against the mere mention of God, some become anguished and choose to go into a endless spewing of proclaiming there is no God, while others seek by any means to deny, disown and disregard the premise and concept of God.

We can't see the truth because the party atmosphere of the lie, entertains and contains the minds of many, the lure and the illusions, pulls more and more into the delusions, through acts of their own choosing. They will fight against any point where wisdom may be found, and seek instead the fanfare of being entertained hoping to be overwhelmed into a blissfulness as if they've been drugged by the very things they pursue to intoxicate themselves.

The cycles spin faster, the madness is given a continual repetition of sound bits, pushing distortion and instilling a barrage of confounding bits of drama, as the addictive fix, which has become the basis of what is called Media News.

Round tables and half tables and counter top, used to bring out the mouthpieces who think and say anything if it gets the camera point upon their face and the microphone close to their lips. They have no awareness of the damages they invoke nor the havoc they promote, their aim is fame and payment. all the while selling away their soul, and remaining unaware of the sales promotion they hype in doing so.

American's made a choice- When it made the pursuit of money more important than the integrity of the individual and respect for the human being.
People no longer choose a career for the sake to be a contributor and have a spirit which seeks to do good and advance society and promote and bring about compassion and good will. They now choose, based on what is the salary option they are told a particular field yield to them.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 04-26-2016 at 03:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 03:52 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,821,329 times
I'm always fascinated by Christians who think today is just beyond the pale for God.

How about the gilded age? Children toiling away in mills and mines in horrible conditions? That wasn't worse?

Or the era of Jim Crow, and before that enslavement, the denial of the vote to women, the genocide of the Native Americans? That wasn't worse than merely allowing people to be openly gay?

By what metric is today worse than those eras?

I can only shake my head at those who worship a deity whom they think could tolerate those horrors of those eras gone by, but won't stand for what we have today. That said deity is a Santa Claus-like imaginary friend is irrevelant to the attributes they ascribe to this deity, which reflect their own profoundly screwed-up priorities.

Old 04-26-2016, 04:00 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Why are Christians eternally (oh yar har! See what I did there...) fascinated with the idea that TODAY is just THE WORST, MOST GODLESS time?

Practically every single era has felt this way. For. Two. Thousand. Looooooooooooong. Years.

Is it the eagerness for the end times or whatever that causes this?

Blah blah people are materialistic blah blah people are led by corrupt rulers blah blah LUST and GREED blah blah people are dancing too much and hiking their skirts up too high. Oh my GOD, we look to WEALTH AND MATERIAL THINGS rather than SPIRITUAL THINGS, when has that ever happened before, this must be a big crisis...People, please. Hasn't this been a constant tome since classical times (possibly farther back but we don't have many written sources and the archaeological record has a hard time making such determinations on non-written evidence)? It's ALWAYS the worst, a downfall of prior "wonderful!!!" and "innocent!!!" times and so on. It's as if people want "their" era to be the absolute worst. Is there a My Time is the Absolute Worst contest going on that nobody told me about?

But it seems like Christians have always taken this idea to its extreme. It's constantly the utter worst and the world is constantly going to seed. Apparently these people haven't noticed things like indoor plumbing and heat, medicine, increased communications, education, more food than ever before and so on. I really wonder at this love of talking about how bad stuff is "nowadays". Is it because if things are seriously bad that means Jesus is coming? That's an honest question, that's not facetious. What is driving this constant need for 2000 long years now to talk about how things are at critical levels? CAN critical levels be sustained for 2000 years? Let's be reasonable here.

So nope, not buying that any of the above is applicable to today v. any other time nor that it's indicative of anything other than the fact that humans are human and have always been and always will be.

Before I go...

Quote:
People no longer choose a career for the sake to be a contributor and have a spirit which seeks to do good and advance society and promote and bring about compassion and good will. They now choose, based on what is the salary option they are told a particular field yield to them.
At least I got a LOLz today. Yeah, because those were always motivators in days gone by...serfs definitely worked the lord's land to promote and bring about compassion and good will and in order to advance society. LOL!!! People have ALWAYS "chosen careers" in order to eat and live, people. Full stop. Today we have more of a chance than ever in history to choose careers for a more elevated reason and people are doing so. The above chest-beating lament is literally backward looking at history v. today, LOL.

Sigh...

Old 04-26-2016, 04:39 PM

17,804 posts, read 13,708,449 times
I'd like to get God worked up enough to go back to his old testament tactics. You know, tell his people to slay all the heathens. Every, woman, child, infant. All their horses, cows, pigs, and chickens, dogs, cats and parakeets. That'll get all those godless people's attention.

Old 04-26-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
I'm always fascinated by Christians who think today is just beyond the pale for God.

How about the gilded age? Children toiling away in mills and mines in horrible conditions? That wasn't worse?

Or the era of Jim Crow, and before that enslavement, the denial of the vote to women, the genocide of the Native Americans? That wasn't worse than merely allowing people to be openly gay?

By what metric is today worse than those eras?

I can only shake my head at those who worship a deity whom they think could tolerate those horrors of those eras gone by, but won't stand for what we have today. That said deity is a Santa Claus-like imaginary friend is irrevelant to the attributes they ascribe to this deity, which reflect their own profoundly screwed-up priorities.
Quote:

In all era's and time gone past as well as those to come - the good, bad, evil and gracious, will likely always be a part of society.

Each day is simply anew, much with the same frailties that plague every era of mankind. I agree that the things of many era's as so spoken of in the bible, as well as wittiness by people living to this day, have contained some horrendous things.
the list of the Seven sins as well as the Seven virtue will not depart from the world which we live.... it makes up the reality which is ever-present.

What do we do with 'wisdom"? is it but for the individual to atone themselves to improve themselves, because non can or has changed the whole of the world in the lifetime of mankind.

I will not call God some Santa Claus or such, in that respect, one may believe as they choose as to how they interpret the concept of God or do not interpret a concept of God.
It does not change that I believe there is a God- and so, the teaching is that God is a forgiving God, so each generation, era of mankind has been brought to, led to and will be brought to and led to an atonement within ones self as to how they come to view what is their life as well as what is or is not and will or will not be their relation to God, and or the concept of God.,

There are many who don't choose to believe in God, its not for me or anyone to convince them, it is their's to choose within their heart and mind or not to choose.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 04-26-2016 at 05:25 PM..

Old 04-26-2016, 04:55 PM

What we live today is not any different than the same of what has been the nature and realism of empires long before this one, and when this one is no longer the leading empire, there will be another, and it too will find what it finds according to the ways of life and standards it adopts and choose.

Every age of mankind has seen the rise and fall of empires and nation, and in the cycle of such, as we as individuals "age' we see changes, we learn over time, virtues and values, we come to know trials and tribulations as a society and we live through the horrors and ills of the vices of mankind.

As said,
Quote:
...... Or the era of Jim Crow, and before that enslavement, the denial of the vote to women, the genocide of the Native Americans? That wasn't worse than merely allowing people to be openly gay?
I did not state nor say, God is going to end the world, nor do I think that is what the women said whom the post was addressing in its title.

She spoke of "favor" as in this being the lead nation of the world, at this day and age.
I say, as with empire now and before, before and now- they rise, and they fall, and another comes to stand taller and take a lead. Whether we come to such a point sooner or later, it is unknown when, how or if that will come to pass.
It is likely as with the empires before, the things which brought them down, may well be some of the things we wittiness in our society of today. It did not say the end of life of the human being, but as with transitions of what is a empire and which becomes and which falls from being an empire. Has throughout history "changed" . Therefore we cannot say it will not again change.

This is what I gather from what Ms.Graham is talking about when she speaks of "favor".... though none including she nor I, can tell the future, but we can see and acknowledge changes that come and changes that come to pass in the history as well as the daily reality in which we life.

It is too quite likely that these times we live today, are better than any time in history in many ways, it may even become better for the greater part of the whole of the world as we know it. Who knows, but likewise so, it may become the change of an Empire of which we don't know.

What I will say, is that for the best of mankind, it may well be a great need as its always been for a sense of grace.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 04-26-2016 at 05:11 PM..

Old 04-26-2016, 04:58 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,596,541 times
Anne Graham Lotz: I Believe I Will Live to See the Return of Jesus
(includes video)

Old 04-26-2016, 04:59 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,630,750 times
It's crazy that some Christians think they have a "Hotline" to God. I don't care who her father was or is, she sure drank the kool aid...

Old 04-26-2016, 05:22 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Cool! Thanks, God. We sure appreciate your departure. Whoo-hoo!!

Old 04-26-2016, 05:31 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Cool! Thanks, God. We sure appreciate your departure. Whoo-hoo!!
Totally. Don't let the door hit ya, etc. (Actually, the second part of that would be ironic...) Four and a half thousand years of imposed impossible-to-attain rules, punishments both expected and 100% random, person- and beast-murdering floods, mass child starvation, ripping fetuses from wombs and raping the women et. al., bloodily sacrificed sons and post-death licking flames were plenty, I assure you.

Here's to the next four and a half thousand years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality