Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 11:22 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,405,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Add up the time from when God created the world to now- about 6000 years.
Again, you did not answer the question. Stop deflecting. Where in the Bible does God state the age of the earth?

what year did God create the world? Is that in the Bible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2018, 01:23 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Well I am going to bet a lot of the folks here in the US who believe in Creationism are not the brightest people we have over here. In fact I have never met a bright person who believed in Creationism...just look at the logic of the people in this forum...you can't be too bright and think some of the things they do.

There is one poster who claims to believe in Evolution and even goes as far as to say that the bible teaches it...when they talk about Evolutionary concepts...they have no idea what they are talking about and they are misrepresenting Evolution 100%.
Hell that's nothing. WE have one poster that insists that the Earth is flat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
ALL life forms are related and interconnected. BUT _ I am related to a monkey- but I was never a monkey- nor was my great great great great great grandmother was not a monkey or ever a monkey.
You are not related to a monkey nor was your great-great-great-great grandmother. In fact, what you are and what you are related to, as was your great great great great great grandmother, is an ape. Like it or not, you are an ape, as was your great great great great great grandmother

Quote:
God knows more than scientists do. Also, your stating that "we know The Bible lies" assumes fact, when it really is just your opinion.
No. We can actually prove with verifiable evidence that the Bible lies.

Old 12-08-2018, 03:35 AM

16,780 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
God knows more than scientists do. Also, your stating that "we know The Bible lies" assumes fact, when it really is just your opinion.
I see you are someone else who dismisses knowledge and facts as opinion. Still, when you have no actual evidence for your own opinions, what else can on do?

Old 12-08-2018, 04:53 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Again, you did not answer the question. Stop deflecting. Where in the Bible does God state the age of the earth?

what year did God create the world? Is that in the Bible?

Come on Give him a break. You know how it works. You take an event or events that we can relate to the present reckoning and trace it back using the information in the Bible. It is is fact, the same method that historians, palaeontologists and geologists used to run dating back as far as the Archaeon rocks, giving the data of the formation of the earth. The Bible not giving the exact date is no more relevant than the Archaeon rocks not having 4.5 billion years B.C. engraved on them.

The difference is that the evidence for the Bible dates exists only in the Bible. All the dating evidence for science is in several disciplines cross -relating the others. And in fact the 'dates' are engraved in the rocks, in (very ancient) tree rings, in archaeological monuments, in Ice cores and in ancient volcanoes.

The evidence for an Old earth is in fact far, far more based in reliable data than the legends and guesswork of the Bible.

Old 12-08-2018, 06:46 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Faith can actually work miracles and defy science even if
it is a person in a cult, faith can work miracles when a person really believes a thing,
and when a group really believe something.

How powerfullis faith?

There is a power that resides in humans, a super natural power that is born
and raised in faith, in believing something so strong that the impossible can take place...
Amen.
I am amazed ... I say often, ''Faith and Believing are the most powerful forces in creation.''
It was pure faith and belief that created this entire place....Ya don't say, "Let there be light"....
without having faith and belief (knowing) that it will come about.

Since, I know the phenomenon of being slain in the Spirit (after the fact, I didn't that
was what it was called while it was happening being Baptized in the Spirit in a Charismatic Church)...
and I have been in the presence
of spiritually powerful people...I know the shocking transformation that can happen in cells ...brain
cells, as Hannie said...I mean WOW!

And it lasts like a drug....hours and hours afterwards!

I also know all the scoffers are rolling their eyes right now....kinda can't blame ya. Wild stuff!
And may I add, I was dragged to that church that evening.

Old 12-08-2018, 08:25 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,405,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Come on Give him a break. You know how it works. You take an event or events that we can relate to the present reckoning and trace it back using the information in the Bible. It is is fact, the same method that historians, palaeontologists and geologists used to run dating back as far as the Archaeon rocks, giving the data of the formation of the earth. The Bible not giving the exact date is no more relevant than the Archaeon rocks not having 4.5 billion years B.C. engraved on them.

The difference is that the evidence for the Bible dates exists only in the Bible. All the dating evidence for science is in several disciplines cross -relating the others. And in fact the 'dates' are engraved in the rocks, in (very ancient) tree rings, in archaeological monuments, in Ice cores and in ancient volcanoes.

The evidence for an Old earth is in fact far, far more based in reliable data than the legends and guesswork of the Bible.
No breaks given to those that don’t understand interpretation and translations. Lol

Old 12-08-2018, 09:23 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
No breaks given to those that don’t understand interpretation and translations. Lol
But one useful wiggle in discussion is understand the other fellow's argument, getting him to see that we understand it, and then showing the flaw in it. Just shouting "That's nothing to do with it" may be ok for the peanut gallery, but IF, IF we could make some impression on the opponent. I have to say that would be worth Peanut Gallery row 200 - 370.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality