Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2016, 05:16 AM

3,483 posts, read 4,047,326 times

Advertisements

I'm stealing this, once again, from SMBC:

Please go to their website (Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal - The Market for Bread) so they don't sue me or something.

Jesus Christ - putting the nails in local small business since 0 C.E.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 07:42 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,048,500 times
Nonsense.

Old 08-13-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Nonsense.
I know, but tell that to the small local businessman driven out by Jesus "Big Business" Christ with his access to unlimited divine resources and funding from his parent company: Father, Son and Holy Ghost Inc. With that amount of backing, he's sure to be able to drive out local competition. After all, they already have a shrewd monopoly in Heaven, without any government agencies to oversee them. The Divine Council is in the pocket of God Corp as it is....

I guess Jesus wasn't as liberal as we thought....

"Yeah, I'm gonna need everyone to update their Testaments to the latest version running on our proprietary New Greek OS, Ver. AD. Cheryl, tell the boys in Midrash they're fired and let all employees know that we've removing all paid leave for Circumcision (benefits for Immaculate Conception will continue, as we currently have one employee receiving them -you know the one). And get me Judas from Accounting! There's a 16 Silver discrepancy in his Passover Report. I'll be damned if he nails me up for his mistakes!"

Old 08-13-2016, 03:08 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,024,985 times
Jesus bring hope in a hopeless world and after life from a hopeless world

Old 08-13-2016, 03:45 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Jesus bring hope in a hopeless world and after life from a hopeless world
I don't see a hopeless world. Good that you see some hope through Jesus but that does not make it a hopeless world.

Old 08-13-2016, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I don't see a hopeless world. Good that you see some hope through Jesus but that does not make it a hopeless world.
I don't see a hopeless world, either.

Apocalypticists (among whose number hljc belongs) need to paint a dire picture of a hopeless world screwed up by humans to ensure followers will pray for an eschatological end to it all. The belief ITSELF is a hopeless belief system that discourages charity and any sort of social improvement. To them, what is the point of bothering?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality