Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 12:20 AM

334 posts, read 487,337 times

Advertisements

I was thinking today, suppose you are sincere muslim...I think God would accept you if you cry out to Him and humble yourself and repent of your evil ways. You may be wrong about your beliefs but you are sincere and you are crying out to God. I believe (seem to) that God would hear that prayer and accept the cry for forgiveness.

Please share with me your thoughts...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 02:22 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,569,322 times
I think people can be forgiven for ignorance or error, but that doesn't mean all religions lead to God as such. It's more like getting to God in spite of your ignorance, because God is good, not because of your ignorance.

And religions vary. If you convert to a religion that is so far off from even basic/obvious standards of good (like it supports incest and murdering relatives for the "crime" of not joining) I kind of don't think ignorance would be a sufficient excuse. Thankfully such religions are very rare.

Old 08-12-2011, 02:53 AM

608 posts, read 605,885 times
Default All religions teach men to do good and avoid evil, to cultivate virtues and flee from vices.

All religions I dare say teach people to do good and avoid evil, to cultivate virtues and abstain from vices.

Now, I also dare say that what is good and what is evil, what is virtuous and what is vicious, they are similar or even identical in all civilized societies.

Moderator cut: off topic

Ryrge

Last edited by june 7th; 08-12-2011 at 10:06 AM..

Old 08-12-2011, 03:00 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,629,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hose111 View Post
I was thinking today, suppose you are sincere muslim...I think God would accept you if you cry out to Him and humble yourself and repent of your evil ways. You may be wrong about your beliefs but you are sincere and you are crying out to God. I believe (seem to) that God would hear that prayer and accept the cry for forgiveness.

The whole all religions lead to God thing is apart of the NWO/Church-of-Oprah thesis that their constantly trying to prepare people for when they get control over all the nations on Earth. They are working for Satan. Don't fall for the lie. The only way to God is through his son, Jesus Christ.

John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Last edited by allenk893; 08-12-2011 at 03:53 AM..

Old 08-12-2011, 03:29 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hose111 View Post

I believe there are many paths to God because there are many people in the world. No two of us are exactly alike so each path will be different. I don't think it necessaritly has to do with religion though. I believe if we love one another then the path to heaven will be easy. If not, it's a bumpy ride but the end result will still be a heaven.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:20 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,869,543 times
Religion is a tool/vehicle which we use to to grow spiritually to find God; some people stop at the level of religion itself and call it God.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:23 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
The whole all religions lead to God thing is apart of the NWO/Church-of-Oprah thesis that their constantly trying to prepare people for when they get control over all the nations on Earth. They are working for Satan. Don't fall for the lie. The only way to God is through his son, Jesus Christ.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
How come John knew so much (that probably Jesus Himself didn't)?

Old 08-12-2011, 12:35 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,199,720 times
Which god are we speaking of? Humans have created many.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:39 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,514,923 times
Nope.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:22 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,071,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post

And the only way to the idol Son, is through the idol scripture called the Bible .
And the only way to read the Bible correctly, is allen's way.

It's not like Jesus could have EVER been metaphorical!!!! as in "lets pretend I am the way, the truth, and the life, in that case no one can know the father except through me" as in "the way to know God is through "living, truth, and following the way."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality