Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 03:23 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Umm...the Duggar sisters CHOSE to invite the media into their home to give an interview. The CHOSE to talk....unless you think ol' Jim Bob, who tried to cover up the fact his son molested several girls, made his daughters give the interview to FOX.
They were kinda forced to talk to set the record straight since the media was rushing to conclusions and posting lies without all the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 03:38 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
They were kinda forced to talk to set the record straight since the media was rushing to conclusions and posting lies without all the facts.
The fact is they were molested by their own brother. That is the record. An admission of guilt is not rushing to conclusions.

Why is there something more? Something you know other than the statements of the family?

No one was forced to do anything as far as them making statements. However, the girls were forced and forcibly molested by Josh Duggar.

You would never know anything about this if the family, in their hubris, thought they could hide from molestation.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:38 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
The fact is they were molested by their own brother. That is the record. An admission of guilt is not rushing to conclusions.

Why is there something more? Something you know other than the statements of the family?

No one was forced to do anything as far as them making statements. However, the girls were forced and forcibly molested by Josh Duggar.

You would never know anything about this if the family, in their hubris, thought they could hide from molestation.
The fact is that this was an event that happened over a decade ago. They had moved on, and even forgiven their brother which is the call of a Christian. Yet people like you demanded that they relive this experience and dig it up just to sell headlines. Disgusting.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:59 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
The fact is that this was an event that happened over a decade ago. They had moved on, and even forgiven their brother which is the call of a Christian. Yet people like you demanded that they relive this experience and dig it up just to sell headlines. Disgusting.
Jeff, these things really are being covered up in the name of God. Since you have never stated your denomination I can't say for sure your church is. I can provide you with evidence that my former religion has if you would like to see it. There are stated policies for this type of thing and they involve asking if the victim was in any way acting seductive. On the recovery forum I am on there were 13 and 14 year old girls disfellowshipped for fornication because they were raped. One mother of a 4 year old was called by the elders and asked if her daughter had done anything to provoke it.

Forgiving someone doesn't protect future victims.

Old 09-14-2016, 03:13 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
allentown pa

yesterday.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Do you think abuse mellows over time? A victim feel differently about their abuser? You have no idea how they feel about their brother.

The survivors and victims of Dylan Roof forgave them. They will also be testifying at upcoming trial where they hope for justice.

They forgave Dylan Roof. A young white supremacist who murdered nine of their loved ones in a Christian Church.

Forgiving has nothing to do with not wanting justice, or expecting justice.
Forgiveness has nothing to do with hiding the truth. Forgiveness puts the truth out there.

Victims want the crime acknowledged by their abuser. That is what people like me demand. Justice and sometimes punishment.

I will offer this. The Duggar story is far from over. There is something about the father that tweaks me.
We shall see, Jeff. Remember my words.

Oh, and Jeff? The Duggars are making money selling themselves to the media. You would not know anything about them if they lived their lives out of the camera. Their abusive relationships would be a small mention in your local paper's crime sections. That is if you even get a daily paper.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
allentown pa

yesterday.
Those poor exploited babies. Yet, there will be Christians defending this person, or say it does not count because he is not Christian.

I think Christian men are the problem. Something about Christianity attract these abusers of women and children.

Christians have a problem. Big problem.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:21 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,523 times
Quote:
Those poor exploited babies. Yet, there will be Christians defending this person, or say it does not count because he is not Christian.

I think Christian men are the problem. Something about Christianity attract these abusers of women and children.

Christians have a problem. Big problem.
Could be the fact that their God, Holy Book, and leaders of their churches make it known that women are somehow lesser than men....

Personally, I feel sorry for the men who can't see women for what they truly are: Equals. Beautiful, lovely equals!

Old 09-14-2016, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Could be the fact that their God, Holy Book, and leaders of their churches make it known that women are somehow lesser than men....

Personally, I feel sorry for the men who can't see women for what they truly are: Equals. Beautiful, lovely equals!

Exactly. The Book of Excuses, aka the Bible seems to empower these Christian men.

I cannot imagine kowtowing in a relationship. I have experienced those expectation. My answer was always the same. "Ya, no. buh-by." Their reply was always.. but, but... but....
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old 09-14-2016, 08:08 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,523 times
Quote:
Exactly. The Book of Excuses, aka the Bible seems to empower these Christian men.

I cannot imagine kowtowing in a relationship. I have experienced those expectation. My answer was always the same. "Ya, no. buh-by." Their reply was always.. but, but... but....
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]
Oh believe me, neither could my wife! We are both strong and independent people, and that is just the way we like it.

If my wife ever had a man (or woman really....) tell her that she should be a subservient wife, she might just punch them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality