Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 05:12 PM

277 posts, read 193,086 times

Advertisements

In America today, only about 1% of its population is Muslim. According to high estimates, nearly 4 million Muslims reside in the country. Their is an organization called the OIC, that contains 57 nations where Islam is a prevailing religion is politics, military, and economy, though not always necessarily the countries majority religion.

This organization called the OIC, allows, what it calls, observer status to nations where Islam plays a substantial yet, less prominent and more minor role than full members. Russia is one of the few nations that have obtained observer status, but not full membership. The number of Muslims in Russia very widely. Anywhere from 5-20% of the Russian population is believed to be Muslim. Most sources claim that 10% of Russias' population is Muslim, so that amounts to nearly 15 million people.

The OIC is the largest governing body of countries outside of the UN. And, the OIC is still believed to be growing with more potential new members, in nations where Islam is the prevailing religion. Recently recognized, Kosovo is not yet a member, nor is Bosnia. China may soon become an observer, as China claims 15-25 million Muslims within its borders.

Sunni Islam is the largest unified religious denomination of any religion on the planet with 1.6 billion adherents. Though, countries where Shia Islam is the dominate sect have a voice among members of the OIC. Islam is thought, to potentially surpass Christianity in size later this century, and thus become the largest religion on earth.

Islam is growing in the US, and may soon surpass Judaism as the countries second largest religion by the 2030 national census. Depending on the definition of who is considered a Jew, anywhere from 5.5 - 8 million Jews reside in the US. The Immigration of Muslim communities from around the world to the USA continues, despite attempts to ban immigration from some predominately Islamic countries.

Muslim communities in the USA tend to have more children than non-Muslim communities in the USA. And, Muslim growth is expected to continue through both birth-rate and immigration. I can't help but wonder, if the USA may someday request observer status in the OIC, as Muslims gain more prominent roles in the American government, and other sectors elsewhere.

And, as the number of Muslims in the nation continues to grow exponentially every year, what will America look like 30 years from now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 07:11 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,291,133 times
Why do you have a problem with Muslims? I have a problem with Christian fundamentalists that make up a large portion of the US. If you have not noticed the US is a sinking ship due to the anti-science mentality promoted by Christian fundamentalists.

I think you should focus on other issues plaguing the US vs. showing your prejudice against Muslims.

I have personally known Muslims that are some of the most peaceful humans I have even met. Not all Muslims are created equal. Same can be said of every religion.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:22 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,098,647 times
In 30 years? Maybe 2% of the population? Maybe still 1% of the population. Maybe 2%, but half of those will be secular Moslem, just as most Jews in the US are secular today.

It doesn't matter terribly though. Whatever the percentage, it will be a minor, relatively powerless minority, much as Jews, Moslem, or Jehovah's Witnesses are today.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:39 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,062,118 times
The OP did not say what OIC stands for. May we all explain acronyms - as this link does:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organi...ic_Cooperation

Old 05-25-2017, 08:10 PM

277 posts, read 193,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Why do you have a problem with Muslims? I have a problem with Christian fundamentalists that make up a large portion of the US. If you have not noticed the US is a sinking ship due to the anti-science mentality promoted by Christian fundamentalists.

I think you should focus on other issues plaguing the US vs. showing your prejudice against Muslims.

I have personally known Muslims that are some of the most peaceful humans I have even met. Not all Muslims are created equal. Same can be said of every religion.
I'm pro-Muslim buddy! The more Muslims, the better, Praise be to Allah! I'm a Christian of Jewish decent by the way!

Old 05-25-2017, 08:28 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,340,188 times
Sure, Muslims are OK as long as they do not expect every single person in the USA to convert to Islam. It's never going to happen. I am fine with ALL religions, ALL people as long as they do not push their beliefs on me. As I do not push mine on them. And for what it's worth, I have two nephews that are Muslim, and they are very nice young men. My brother converted before he married their Mother.
And we were all raised Catholic. I am no religion these days as I do not relate to just one.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:55 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,309,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByChance View Post
In America today, only about 1% of its population is Muslim. According to high estimates, nearly 4 million Muslims reside in the country. Their is an organization called the OIC, that contains 57 nations where Islam is a prevailing religion is politics, military, and economy, though not always necessarily the countries majority religion.

This organization called the OIC, allows, what it calls, observer status to nations where Islam plays a substantial yet, less prominent and more minor role than full members. Russia is one of the few nations that have obtained observer status, but not full membership. The number of Muslims in Russia very widely. Anywhere from 5-20% of the Russian population is believed to be Muslim. Most sources claim that 10% of Russias' population is Muslim, so that amounts to nearly 15 million people.

The OIC is the largest governing body of countries outside of the UN. And, the OIC is still believed to be growing with more potential new members, in nations where Islam is the prevailing religion. Recently recognized, Kosovo is not yet a member, nor is Bosnia. China may soon become an observer, as China claims 15-25 million Muslims within its borders.

Sunni Islam is the largest unified religious denomination of any religion on the planet with 1.6 billion adherents. Though, countries where Shia Islam is the dominate sect have a voice among members of the OIC. Islam is thought, to potentially surpass Christianity in size later this century, and thus become the largest religion on earth.

Islam is growing in the US, and may soon surpass Judaism as the countries second largest religion by the 2030 national census. Depending on the definition of who is considered a Jew, anywhere from 5.5 - 8 million Jews reside in the US. The Immigration of Muslim communities from around the world to the USA continues, despite attempts to ban immigration from some predominately Islamic countries.

Muslim communities in the USA tend to have more children than non-Muslim communities in the USA. And, Muslim growth is expected to continue through both birth-rate and immigration. I can't help but wonder, if the USA may someday request observer status in the OIC, as Muslims gain more prominent roles in the American government, and other sectors elsewhere.

And, as the number of Muslims in the nation continues to grow exponentially every year, what will America look like 30 years from now?
America will look just darling in 30 years. People will stroll downtown Dearborn,Michigan, celebrating christmas. Celebrating Mawlid an-Nabī. Celebrating Thanksgiving. Celebrating Ashura. Celebrating LIFE an having neighbors over for dinner.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:56 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,309,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Sure, Muslims are OK as long as they do not expect every single person in the USA to convert to Islam. It's never going to happen. I am fine with ALL religions, ALL people as long as they do not push their beliefs on me. As I do not push mine on them. And for what it's worth, I have two nephews that are Muslim, and they are very nice young men. My brother converted before he married their Mother.
And we were all raised Catholic. I am no religion these days as I do not relate to just one.
Like christian fundamentalists expect everyone to convert to blind faith?

Old 05-25-2017, 09:54 PM

19,142 posts, read 27,780,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByChance View Post
I'm pro-Muslim buddy! The more Muslims, the better, Praise be to Allah! I'm a Christian of Jewish decent by the way!
Gods, what a mess. Jew turning Christian supporting Muslims....
It's like Stalin baptized in trotskism supporting Rockefeller.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:55 PM

19,142 posts, read 27,780,083 times
research shows that at current growth rate, 80% of world population will turn to Islam in very short future.
Maybe you should instead find out why Islam is so appealing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality