Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 05:46 PM

301 posts, read 296,541 times

Advertisements

It is very simple:
- God made you imperfect that you can't believe in god without some proof. (just like you need proof for you to believe in anything)
- Revelations 21:8 - Because of this "imperfectness" to believe you are lumped into the category of the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

But if you do believe in god he will save you
Acts: 16:21 - And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” :

So in summary God made you bad. And because you are bad you must be punished for all eternity in the bad place. But if you believe that Jesus makes you good then you are good and now God doesn't think you are bad even though he made you bad but because you believed in something you can't see or hear or taste or touch he now thinks of you as good. So in essence he saves you from being beaten and punished eternally by god for doing nothing since you did something. And the real trick is you can't start the believing in god when he's beating you because then there is proof that you really did something without anything and you didn't use you faith so you still get beaten and thrown into hell.

Why doesn't everyone not get this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 06:28 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,167,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheistAstroGuy View Post
It is very simple:
- God made you imperfect that you can't believe in god without some proof. (just like you need proof for you to believe in anything)
- Revelations 21:8 - Because of this "imperfectness" to believe you are lumped into the category of the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

But if you do believe in god he will save you
Acts: 16:21 - And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” :

So in summary God made you bad. And because you are bad you must be punished for all eternity in the bad place. But if you believe that Jesus makes you good then you are good and now God doesn't think you are bad even though he made you bad but because you believed in something you can't see or hear or taste or touch he now thinks of you as good. So in essence he saves you from being beaten and punished eternally by god for doing nothing since you did something. And the real trick is you can't start the believing in god when he's beating you because then there is proof that you really did something without anything and you didn't use you faith so you still get beaten and thrown into hell.

Why doesn't everyone not get this?
Did you ever consider that the bible may have been written and re-written several times throughout the years by leaders of congregations who had no idea what the real truth about God and Jesus is, so they speculated and put out the fear to hold their congregations together? How do we know what's written in John's revelations were based on reality? What if it isn't? Would you think differently?

If we are parents and we love our children, but when they do bad things and they're up for punishment, is it our intent to punish them for all eternity? Or will our hearts of love be open to their change of thinking and behavior thereby ending their punishment? As our Creator and Heavenly Father, couldn't it be possible that God has a warm heart of love, rather than a cold heart of wrath?

Old 07-04-2017, 09:18 PM

10,070 posts, read 4,993,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyl3r View Post
Hello All,
This is a question directed towards monotheistic religions. More Christianity and Islam than anything else.
If we agree to attribute all creation to God; then I must accept that God either created me directly or indirectly.
I know myself pretty well. I've gone to church for a large part of my life and honestly tried to believe there was a God for quite some time.
I am incapable of believing in something that I can't observe or make logical sense out of. I simply can not do it.
If God created me incapable of believing in him and plans to punish me with an eternity of pain and suffering for it; why would I want to believe in this God if I could?
Who taught you God would punish you with an eternity of pain and suffering when the Bible teaches the opposite that the dead know nothing according to Ecclesiastes 9:5.

Jesus taught, Not pain, but sleep in death at John 11:11-14
So, the day Jesus died he went to the grave in a sleep-like state until God resurrected Jesus - Acts 2:27, 31-33.
Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teach sleep in death:
- Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; Daniel 12:2,13

ALL the wicked will be destroyed forever - Psalm 92:7, Not burning forever.
So, that means what you have been taught is a false religious-myth teaching and Not what the Bible really teaches.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:34 PM

10,070 posts, read 4,993,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Did you ever consider that the bible may have been written and re-written several times throughout the years by leaders of congregations who had no idea what the real truth about God and Jesus is, so they speculated and put out the fear to hold their congregations together? How do we know what's written in John's revelations were based on reality? What if it isn't? Would you think differently?
If we are parents and we love our children, but when they do bad things and they're up for punishment, is it our intent to punish them for all eternity? Or will our hearts of love be open to their change of thinking and behavior thereby ending their punishment? As our Creator and Heavenly Father, couldn't it be possible that God has a warm heart of love, rather than a cold heart of wrath?
If the Bible was re-written several times it would Not have the internal corresponding cross-reference verses and passages showing the internal harmony among it many writers. ALL Scripture is inspired by God according to 2nd Timothy 3:16-17.
I guess one could say it's ' clergy teachings ' that have been re-written meaning false clergy teach church traditions or church customs as being Scripture although Not Scripture.- Acts 20:29-30.

We know John's very-vivid Revelation word picture is based on reality because it is in harmony with Daniel's writings.

The Bible does NOT teach punish for eternity. Even wicked sinner Satan will be 'destroyed ' by Jesus according to Hebrews 2:14 B. ALL the wicked will be ' destroyed forever ' according to Psalm 92:7

The Bible teaches the sentence for sin is 'death' according to Romans 6:7, 23.
Anything past death would mean double jeopardy. We do Not pay for the crime of sin a second time around.
Adam had No post-mortem penalty. No death plus _____. Adam simply ' returned ' to the dust of the ground - Genesis 3:19.
So, in other words, Adam went from non-life, to life, and returned back to non-life.
A person can Not return to a place he never was before. Adam simply went back to where he started: dust.
The dead know nothing. Please notice Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; John 11:11-14.

Old 07-05-2017, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
If the Bible was re-written several times it would Not have the internal corresponding cross-reference verses and passages showing the internal harmony among it many writers. ALL Scripture is inspired by God according to 2nd Timothy 3:16-17.
I guess one could say it's ' clergy teachings ' that have been re-written meaning false clergy teach church traditions or church customs as being Scripture although Not Scripture.- Acts 20:29-30.

We know John's very-vivid Revelation word picture is based on reality because it is in harmony with Daniel's writings.

The Bible does NOT teach punish for eternity. Even wicked sinner Satan will be 'destroyed ' by Jesus according to Hebrews 2:14 B. ALL the wicked will be ' destroyed forever ' according to Psalm 92:7

The Bible teaches the sentence for sin is 'death' according to Romans 6:7, 23.
Anything past death would mean double jeopardy. We do Not pay for the crime of sin a second time around.
Adam had No post-mortem penalty. No death plus _____. Adam simply ' returned ' to the dust of the ground - Genesis 3:19.
So, in other words, Adam went from non-life, to life, and returned back to non-life.
A person can Not return to a place he never was before. Adam simply went back to where he started: dust.
The dead know nothing. Please notice Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; John 11:11-14.
We'll have to agree to disagree.

What do you know about the soul?

What does God's gift, "grace," mean to you?

For it is by God’s grace that you have been saved through faith. It is not the result of your own efforts, but God’s gift, so that no one can boast about it. Ephesians 2:8-9

After Jesus' passing, he spoke to the spirits. Where did they live before they became spirits?

Old 07-05-2017, 09:09 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,612,655 times
Quote:
Sorry that I don't conform to your standards, whatever they are. I'm here to share. You may believe or not, that's up to you.
It has nothing to do with "standards", Angel. It has everything to do with your dishonesty in claiming you know some universal truth that only a few people know, without having any evidence to show for the claim. I can claim I had some life altering experience while meditating that showed me the truth, and that truth is that God is a maniacal, genocidal, psychopath who like to torture babies that die before they turn 1. That doesn't mean it is true.

According to you, however, no one else's experiences matter, because only you (and a few others) know the REAL truth. I am surprised you can fit through doorways with a head that big.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
It has nothing to do with "standards", Angel. It has everything to do with your dishonesty in claiming you know some universal truth that only a few people know, without having any evidence to show for the claim. I can claim I had some life altering experience while meditating that showed me the truth, and that truth is that God is a maniacal, genocidal, psychopath who like to torture babies that die before they turn 1. That doesn't mean it is true.

According to you, however, no one else's experiences matter, because only you (and a few others) know the REAL truth. I am surprised you can fit through doorways with a head that big.

Well, I invite you to share your spiritual journey.

In the meantime, here are testimonies... for anyone's reading pleasure... from 13 lucky ones.

Truth for all people - Divine Love Testimonies

Old 07-05-2017, 12:29 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,612,655 times
Quote:
Well, I invite you to share your spiritual journey.

In the meantime, here are testimonies... for anyone's reading pleasure... from 13 lucky ones.

Truth for all people - Divine Love Testimonies
My spiritual journey would be well off topic for this thread, and led me in a drastically different direction than you. I am not going to click on the link you keep pimping in every post though. Not going to help you earn ad revenue.

Old 07-05-2017, 12:42 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,340,082 times
I don't think God created you to be incapable of a perception of God it's only that you were born into the age of reason and materialism.There is the otherworld or spirit world which is easily perceived by some and others who are bound by the five senses.

I have visions all the time from the otherworld,some people like shamans can walk between these world easily.

But that's fine if you have never been able to perceive anything from that world to hold no weight in it,that makes sense to me.Just as my almost constant relationship with that world means I have a very strong belief in it.I don't know why alot of atheists don't understand that some people have strong spiritual senses that are switched on,though it's switched off for them.

Hell in English is likely derived from the death goddess Hel and that underworld whether you'll enter some horrible portal for not believing is anyone's guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyl3r View Post
Hello All,

This is a question directed towards monotheistic religions. More Christianity and Islam than anything else.
If we agree to attribute all creation to God; then I must accept that God either created me directly or indirectly.

I know myself pretty well. I've gone to church for a large part of my life and honestly tried to believe there was a God for quite some time.
I am incapable of believing in something that I can't observe or make logical sense out of. I simply can not do it.

If God created me incapable of believing in him and plans to punish me with an eternity of pain and suffering for it; why would I want to believe in this God if I could?

Last edited by Katiethegreat; 07-05-2017 at 12:53 PM..

Old 07-05-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
My spiritual journey would be well off topic for this thread, and led me in a drastically different direction than you. I am not going to click on the link you keep pimping in every post though. Not going to help you earn ad revenue.

That site doesn't have ad revenue. It's free of charge.. just like God's Divine Love.

Do you recognize this? SouthernBoredWife...

Explains volumes.

Back to the OP...God has no problems... people have problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality