Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 04:12 PM

22,629 posts, read 19,342,932 times

Advertisements

This is a companion thread to the other thread just started "What is your vision for world peace."

It appears that there are some whose idea of peace is to get rid of all other religions so theirs is the only one.

so I am presenting this thread where you get to pick which of these two worlds you choose to inhabit, for you and for your children and for all the generations of humankind to follow.

"peace"
in this world there is world peace, and everyone recognizes the one Creator who made us all and sustains everything. however there are many different religions and faith traditions and paths to celebrate and honor the Creator. peace is predicated upon respect for other people and other paths. since G*d is obvious to everyone, there are no atheists or agnostics.

"war"
in this world people go who insist their religion is the only way to G*d and all other religions are not correct and are corrupt. people here are so convinced that they are willing to fight it out through war and atrocities. sort of like the world we are living in now. this is the world where atheists and agnostics live because they reject G*d and religion.

which do you choose: peace in a world where there are many religions and G*d is obvious. Or a world at war where people reject G*d and reject other religions, and insist on one religion imposed by force.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 08-13-2017 at 04:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 04:36 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,260,665 times
What did your world do with the atheists, agnostics and pagans?

Old 08-13-2017, 04:37 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,459,853 times
My vision of peace has nothing regarding religion in it...sorry..my 2 cents isn't relevant.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:37 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,633,691 times
same, if its peace, i am for it. with or with out

Old 08-13-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
My vision of peace has nothing regarding religion in it...sorry..my 2 cents isn't relevant.
there are only two worlds to pick from. If you reject religion then that indicataes intolerance, then you would be in "war" world

Old 08-13-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
What did your world do with the atheists, agnostics and pagans?
if a person recognizes the Creator and has a path of faith and tolerates a variety of religions then "peace" world

since atheists and agnostics do not recognize the Creator they are in "war" world

Miss H has identified another group - those who reject all religions but want peace - they would be in "war" world due to intolerance and inability to share a world with many religions and faith paths

Old 08-13-2017, 04:50 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,345,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
there are only two worlds to pick from. If you reject religion then that indicataes intolerance, then you would be in "war" world
You made the two worlds in a set up where people have the choice of accepting what you believe or selecting a world of war. Your criteria, your words and your biases. I am not sure I wish to live in a world of peace and tolerance if I am forced to accept your God or else. Somehow tolerance for those without faith is missing in your world. I guess I pick the world if war because at least I won't be forced into one religion, or other religions but only that same God. Nice that you are so tolerant that you can not accept atheists.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:52 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,260,665 times
I guess I'll head on over to war world.

I have a hunch the conversations are a lot more fun.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
You made the two worlds in a set up where people have the choice of accepting what you believe or selecting a world of war. Your criteria, your words and your biases. I am not sure I wish to live in a world of peace and tolerance if I am forced to accept your God or else. Somehow tolerance for those without faith is missing in your world. I guess I pick the world if war because at least I won't be forced into one religion, or other religions but only that same God. Nice that you are so tolerant that you can not accept atheists.
no it is not "my God" or "my beliefs"
in "peace" world the Creator is revealed. It is obvious to everyone. There are still different religions and paths to celebrate the Creator, just like there are different cultures and languages and cuisines in different parts of the world.

a person recognizes the Creator but has a choice of how to celebrate and honor the Creator. Like going out for a nice meal, you pick the food that tastes best to you. But no one "doesn't eat" because it is obvious to them that food is needed to stay alive.

if atheists choose "peace" world then once they are there, it is obvious to them that there is a Creator.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:01 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,088,200 times
Religion/religions without wars does not compute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality