Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 06:07 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Where? Keep in mind the Pharisees were in the majority in the day...

Act 21:20 - And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:
It's a rather large leap to come to the conclusion that any of the people whom were "clobbered" woke up, or if they did, that they woke up because they were clobbered.

But, we're getting off-topic here for sure.

Quote:
Well, I guess I see it this way. Now that I am awake, I can choose to be in "awake mode" and stay open to His Spirit, or I can "shut down" and go take a "nap" through various activities that limit Him, such as watch soap operas all day.
I can agree that what we choose to give our attention to impacts our level of "sleepiness".

Quote:
Maybe it's me, but I can't see any of the disciples telling Jesus with a straight face (after He told them to go make disciples of all the nations), "No thanks, I'm not feeling in tune with G-d in me to do that right now, it's all up to Him, anyway." I also don't think that's what "deep calling unto deep" means, but that's for another time, another place, in a galaxy, er thread, far, far away. Peace

Since that's what you took from what I said, I think we're probably not at a point right now where we can communicate clearly. Some other time, perhaps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 06:18 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Maybe it's me, but I can't see any of the disciples telling Jesus with a straight face (after He told them to go make disciples of all the nations), "No thanks, I'm not feeling in tune with G-d in me to do that right now, it's all up to Him, anyway." I also don't think that's what "deep calling unto deep" means, but that's for another time, another place, in a galaxy, er thread, far, far away. Peace
What about this?

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Old 08-24-2017, 06:51 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
It's a rather large leap to come to the conclusion that any of the people whom were "clobbered" woke up, or if they did, that they woke up because they were clobbered.

But, we're getting off-topic here for sure.

I can agree that what we choose to give our attention to impacts our level of "sleepiness".

Since that's what you took from what I said, I think we're probably not at a point right now where we can communicate clearly. Some other time, perhaps.

So you don't think Him tearing up their temple made any sort of impact among those thousands mentioned, huh? Why am I not surprised, that we are now "off topic".

Not a problem. Peace

Old 08-25-2017, 12:06 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
I wonder, how many you chased away?

Old 08-25-2017, 08:48 AM

611 posts, read 281,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Or a place with cool people that use it where I feel at home.
Are we there yet? Can you read the cool whitewalls: I love your comments sunshine.
as they spinned, and spun, then spang by?HELLO...Hi...thanks. ^^^^^^^^

How Cool!

Old 08-25-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What about this?

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Yes, I believe this. It's just that I believe God is drawing all of us, all the time. And, since I don't take the Jesus narrative literally, I obviously don't think this has anything to do with being drawn to believe a man named Jesus was a blood sacrifice needed to appease an angry God on our behalf.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What about this?

That's different than refusing to be a fisher of men in any capacity because it's all on G-d's shoulders, AND it doesn't mean that He doesn't call all men, because He does, else He's a respecter of persons. Peace

Old 08-25-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I wonder, how many you chased away?

Judging from the fact I just had to dump all my pm's because I had reached capacity, I'd say not many. And no, they were not all from "friends". How many have you chased away with your barely there gospel? Peace

Old 08-25-2017, 09:47 AM

611 posts, read 281,278 times
Originally Posted by MysticPhD
What about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Yes, I believe this. It's just that I believe God is drawing all of us, all the time. And, since I don't take the Jesus narrative literally, I obviously don't think this has anything to do with being drawn to believe a man named Jesus was a blood sacrifice needed to appease an angry God on our behalf.
I think MyPhDstic is saying what John quotes Christ as saying. Christ said no man can come to me ever, except the OT FatherGod has sent that man as he sent me, draw him. Draw him. Influence him. Well, if you read God's word enough, how could it not influence and draw you? to the same God that sent him? Thus = Sons of God taught by God.

or something like that I suppose. sorry I bumped you instead of Trans: and just say that Nature exists because of a working Solar System and without that The End of Nature as You Know It. pefft...gone. And not just one thing but a Whole System, a Whole Working System of Things...not enough accidents in the world if you ask me.

[Hi Pler ] After I've seen how angry those mobs can actually get when something or some idea gets in their way...I have no problem taking it literally...and it wasn't a blood sacrifice needed by any God or behalf of any other thing other than what Christ was teaching would put them out of business. Try going out to them and teach God's word as clear as day what sin is and how they are wrong and nothing but deceitful thieves, liars and murders; and see what they do to you should be taken literally?

Prophecy - Christ came to know God, God's word became flesh and bone in Christ, he knew God. Christ maybe thought, let's go tell them the Truth. Who a Book a Word could send him? Maybe he just couldn't help himself and took it and ran. But why would you think God was all those other gods that sent them to kill and sacrifice him Christ as any other Mary's little lamb that suits their needs? or their bellies? or just for kicks? Interesting conversation. I might hang out here awhile longer...ha

Nice thoughts, I gotta run...

Old 08-25-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
That's different than refusing to be a fisher of men in any capacity because it's all on G-d's shoulders, AND it doesn't mean that He doesn't call all men, because He does, else He's a respecter of persons. Peace
I would venture to guess that your idea of being a "fisher of men" and mine are significantly different.

I know that what we focus on is of utmost importance in this life. So, I focus on the God who is love, and want to encourage others to do the same. As people set their sights on God's love, the thoughts and beliefs that contradict the truth and experience of God's love begin to fade away. That was my experience, and that is what I testify to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality