Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 05:12 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
LIke, maybe 8 people?
8 people???...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 05:19 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,324,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
LIke, maybe 8 people?
x infinity.

THIS is why every study has shown that America is the ONLY industrialized nation that has the same degree of religiosity as an impoverished and uneducated Third World nation.

It's not something to be proud of.

Yet it DOES give a whole new meaning to "American Exceptionalism."

Old 11-13-2017, 06:25 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
x infinity.

THIS is why every study has shown that America is the ONLY industrialized nation that has the same degree of religiosity as an impoverished and uneducated Third World nation.

It's not something to be proud of.

Yet it DOES give a whole new meaning to "American Exceptionalism."
Interesting that they like to throw up Josephus' works on everything, but they miss the part where he quotes a barbarian history book noting that there were a bunch of folks on a mountain top that had escaped the flood claiming that a boat had come ashore with the only eight people saved from the flood...Hmmmmm...

Old 11-13-2017, 06:38 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,324,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Interesting that they like to throw up Josephus' works on everything, but they miss the part where he quotes a barbarian history book noting that there were a bunch of folks on a mountain top that had escaped the flood claiming that a boat had come ashore with the only eight people saved from the flood...Hmmmmm...
Those folks on the mountain top were probably the same folks hanging around before the creation of the universe and who described with such precision and detail () the creation story before humans were created.

I mean, sure, why not. Since when are we talking about logic and making sense?

Old 11-13-2017, 08:30 AM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadmansabode View Post
Scientists Trace Humanity Back to Single ‘Adam’ and ‘Eve’, Strengthening Creation Story

Following the recent trend of congruence between science and Bible in different fields, fresh genetic research suggests that
all females are descended from a single female and all males from a single male – corresponding with the Biblical account of Adam and Eve.
For many years the multiregional hypothesis, suggesting multiple origins for humanity, was predominant in genetic research.
But new studies suggest that all of humanity has a common origin. The study was quickly attacked by other researchers,
but subsequent studies confirmed the original findings and the theory is now generally accepted in the scientific community.

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/97584/scientists-trace-humanity-back-single-adam-eve-strengthening-creation-story/ ......... holy WOW Batman !!
That doesn't strengthen the creation story, if the creation story was literal, it would mean that Dinos lived between the time Adam was born and now. Did Dinos even live or did God just put their bones here?

Old 11-13-2017, 03:00 PM

19,039 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I think you're having a problem distinguishing science from a pop movie.

I wish I could agree. But afraid am I, that what is referred to as "science" is actually just a mass produced cotton balls for brains. And, in that respect, it is not much different from pop movie.
There is a very educational moment in Lucy. Morgan Freeman is some sort of a world renouned academician, talking absolutely sucked out of his pinky pseudo scientific statements. With "enlightened" audience of academicians drinking from that wisdom.
Very ominous. But true.
Also, point was missed that Lucy is part of a general Overtone Windows process of building up informational field of acceptance of future to come postuhamnity. Though my post, truly, was more intended as a humorous point. Yet, as they say in 'ol Russian folklore: Story is a lie, but has a lesson in it, hint for a good man. It's much easier palatable, when it's in form of joke.

Old 11-13-2017, 03:32 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Clearly you don't have an inkling about evolution (which doesn't say that humans evolved from apes). And what does "makes ye wonder done it" mean?
The ignorance of some people never fails to astonish, huh?

Old 11-13-2017, 03:42 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Well, Darwin did...But now both humans and apes descend from the Lemur...
No. Lemurs, humans and apes have a common ancestor though. You go back far enough you'll find we have ancestors with reptilian traits that lived with the dinosaurs too. They're so far separated in time and evolution there is little resemblance other than physical symmetry.

Old 11-13-2017, 03:55 PM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I wish I could agree. But afraid am I, that what is referred to as "science" is actually just a mass produced cotton balls for brains. And, in that respect, it is not much different from pop movie.
There is a very educational moment in Lucy. Morgan Freeman is some sort of a world renouned academician, talking absolutely sucked out of his pinky pseudo scientific statements. With "enlightened" audience of academicians drinking from that wisdom.
Very ominous. But true.
Also, point was missed that Lucy is part of a general Overtone Windows process of building up informational field of acceptance of future to come postuhamnity. Though my post, truly, was more intended as a humorous point. Yet, as they say in 'ol Russian folklore: Story is a lie, but has a lesson in it, hint for a good man. It's much easier palatable, when it's in form of joke.
If I wanted to discuss a science fiction thriller movie, I'd go up in the sub-forum about movies.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:42 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Very ominous. But true.
well, its kind of true, we have to listen and understand. Krauss is an excellent example of anti-religion push knobs getting in way of some really good stuff. Freedmon only reads what he is told. But if you understand him, he is clear about "controversial" and "novel". over all, for having to make money too, I give him thumbs up.

That being said, the rock record is pretty clear and there is absolutely no reason reason to think the universe has to go "abrakadabra. poof, there it is" to have made man. It actually is a sign of a mental state to need some omni dude doing that kind of stuff. and when the fundy says "If he can't do that, he is not worthy." lmao, worthy of some pizz ant human that thinks they understand some super secret information and can't even decipher the rock record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality