Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2018, 05:25 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
So, who are some of the "bad heroes" who shouldn't be considered heroes? And vice-versa?
you will have to list the events we see every day for yourself ozzy. people telling others just puts most on the defensive.

Start in public schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2018, 05:27 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
you will have to list the events we see every day for yourself ozzy. people telling others just puts most on the defensive.

Start in public schools.
"In the end times people will call good evil, and evil good."

Everyone would probably agree with that statement, but some of them would have the wrong opinion. In other words the opinion contradicting my own would be wrong of course.

Old 05-12-2018, 05:33 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Unfortunately, Christianity, as well as Islam, had a "god-given mandate" to conquer the world -- which is why the two largest religions will never be able to co-exist with each other.

While I can't say for sure how strongly BaptistFundie personally believes in this mandate, there are a helluva lot of Christians who do believe it -- and actively strive to make it reality.
The most successful infectious organisms have a biological imperative to reproduce and simple, effective methods with which to do so.

Old 05-12-2018, 05:50 PM

Quote:

Everyone would probably agree with that statement, but some of them would have the wrong opinion. In other words the opinion contradicting my own would be wrong of course.

I am not an end times guy. I am more of a "list what we have and do do the best we can with it." guy.

Old 05-12-2018, 11:46 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I used to believe what he believes, and what is so sad is that nobody has to believe that anyone is going to hell. What the world is presented of Jesus, it is being presented by people who are not in the religion of Jesus, people who absolutely do not know the worship system of God in the 7 feasts which comes with a million idioms, and unless a person learns the religion they are claiming to be in, they will never understand what is meant in the New Testament as a whole. Everything Jesus said was cloaked in parables that had a hidden deeper meaning.

If a Christian actually knew the religion he was claiming to be in, he wouldn't see hell and eternal torment, unfortunately, everything of Jesus is shunned by mainstream Christianity.

Interesting point
I am an atheist. I make no claims otherwise, and I am very vocal about it. I do not believe that any "god" or "gods" exist....nor is there any viable evidence for such. I do not believe that the historical "Jesus" was anything more than a gifted teacher, who grew to legendary proportions...like Daniel Boone of Cavy Crockett of our own history.

I am however a humanist. And I love people. And for the most part, I go out of my way to help others. I do not discriminate, I help those in need. I am far from what the religious call "Perfect": I, like Jesus am only human. I am a non-materialist. I value very little when it comes to things. I have no qualms at all about selling what I have to help others. Minimalism appeals to me far more than many other "isms"
People , humans, are what matters. All people, all lives. Things do not. Ideas do not. Doctrines, rituals, do not matter at all. People do.

What would the historic Jesus say to that?

Old 05-13-2018, 12:59 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Interesting point
I am an atheist. I make no claims otherwise, and I am very vocal about it. I do not believe that any "god" or "gods" exist....nor is there any viable evidence for such. I do not believe that the historical "Jesus" was anything more than a gifted teacher, who grew to legendary proportions...like Daniel Boone of Cavy Crockett of our own history.

I am however a humanist. And I love people. And for the most part, I go out of my way to help others. I do not discriminate, I help those in need. I am far from what the religious call "Perfect": I, like Jesus am only human. I am a non-materialist. I value very little when it comes to things. I have no qualms at all about selling what I have to help others. Minimalism appeals to me far more than many other "isms"
People , humans, are what matters. All people, all lives. Things do not. Ideas do not. Doctrines, rituals, do not matter at all. People do.

He would likely say, "Welome, brother.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
as any reasonable person would.

Old 05-13-2018, 10:15 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:

Is that a Bible quote? In which case, I'd observe that the Bible calls folishness wisdom and wisdom foolishnes, Lies the truth and the Truth Lies.

And there's a quote.

"The words of this wizard stand on their heads." (Gimli, LoR.TT)

Old 05-13-2018, 04:56 PM

23,162 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Interesting point

Well, now you have found a Christian who actually believes you are going to a nice place when you die, and that isn't so irritating is it? I mean, I can understand how irritating it is for most Christians to warn you of hell, and if I still believed that, I would also warn you, but even Jesus said you could speak against him and be saved, he said you could not keep the law and EVEN teach others not to keep the laws, and if you do this, you are STILL saved, and to do such a thing makes you a Gentile not in the covenant Jesus brought for Ephraim and Judah. Christians assume they are under the covenant that Messiah brings for Ephraim and Judah, but they are neither Ephraim or Judah and so they are in the exact same place as an Atheist, and the Atheist is standing in a better position because while the Christian had the truth, they denied it, and the Atheist never had or believed the truth. We are told that much more is expected by those who have and believe the truth.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:33 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality