Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2018, 07:04 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times

Advertisements

This is the claim that evangelicals are making regarding all of the crimes which have been on the increase, such as mass shootings.

But my question is, are they correct? You know that I am not an evangelical, but I think their words may be technically correct in spite of themselves. Many of the mass-shooters are coming from evangelical/home-schooled backgrounds, so their essential argument seems invalid. However, I think that the TRUE God left the church in the 1960's after the Civil Rights movement began, and the spirit of God entered the secular realm. Before that decade, the church were leaders in social progress and civil rights. They started hospitals and charities. But today, those same hospitals and charities are secular, and often religious in name only. And the evangelicals have only a minimal interest in those same kinds of services. The early and middle 20th century Christian had a focus on Social Justice. But that has all but left the church today.

What do atheists and secularists believe regarding the increase in crime? Why do we lock our doors? Why is there more and more security? Why are children being forced to carry clear backpacks?

What accounts for these changes in our society? It's like we are regressing backwards into the Wild West days when everyone carried a gun.

Why?

Old 06-08-2018, 04:23 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times
Thanks to PNW-type-gal for spotting this and closing the thread.

It stays closed because 1) the topic is probably more suited for the P&OC forum, 2) nobody took God out of schools, 3) crime is higher in more religious parts of the US, and 4) everybody wasn't carrying a gun in the Wild West.

You really ought to look stuff up before you start threads.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality