Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 07:40 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,135,096 times

Advertisements

Like it talks about here:

The Multidimensional Self | Gestalt Reality

WHAT IF our subconscious IS our Higher Self, or rather when we reach into our subconscious, we are actually reaching directly into our Higher Self's database?

It almost seems like a dah... I heard many times that we get in touch with our Higher Self when we meditate or get in touch with the inner self... But it's like I've assumed that we have our separate subconscious and when we get in touch with our Higher Self, it's like we are linking to this Being we call Higher Self like we link to other spirits? Like it was not actually a part of us, but we were only connecting to it wirelessly? (Even though I knew I was a part of the Higher Self, it's like I couldn't see the "physical" link, I couldn't see that I was actually a part of it, and not just linking wirelessly to something like linking to someone else...). It's hard to explain, it's like I knew that we were all a part of the same Being and yet I kept picturing us as being separate.

When JQ told me: you are more your Higher Self than you think... I didn't understand what they meant. But it makes sense now.
When JQ said that your Higher Self is being filtered through this body and some of it shows up in this plane through you, I couldn't really see how it was possible in terms of practical connections. But I had to picture a Flower, like in the link. So now it seems to make more sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 10:06 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,068,060 times
Freudian ideas of Id, Ego, and Superego aren't too far from a good model of the common person.

Your subconscious includes natural tendencies that can be deemed as social (Superego) and anti-social (Id).

Old 11-06-2014, 03:43 PM

5,362 posts, read 5,136,516 times
The problem I have here is that my dreams and mind on autorun is very repetitive, boring, not ordered, and just repetitions of the day. Active thoughts are what defines me and when I am the happiest. Autorun thoughts seem to be very lame.

Maybe we have different definitions of subconscious though.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:40 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWisdom View Post
WHAT IF our subconscious IS our Higher Self, or rather when we reach into our subconscious, we are actually reaching directly into our Higher Self's database?
It almost seems like a dah... I heard many times that we get in touch with our Higher Self when we meditate or get in touch with the inner self... But it's like I've assumed that we have our separate subconscious and when we get in touch with our Higher Self, it's like we are linking to this Being we call Higher Self like we link to other spirits? Like it was not actually a part of us, but we were only connecting to it wirelessly? (Even though I knew I was a part of the Higher Self, it's like I couldn't see the "physical" link, I couldn't see that I was actually a part of it, and not just linking wirelessly to something like linking to someone else...). It's hard to explain, it's like I knew that we were all a part of the same Being and yet I kept picturing us as being separate.
When JQ told me: you are more your Higher Self than you think... I didn't understand what they meant. But it makes sense now.
When JQ said that your Higher Self is being filtered through this body and some of it shows up in this plane through you, I couldn't really see how it was possible in terms of practical connections. But I had to picture a Flower, like in the link. So now it seems to make more sense.
It IS, LoveWisdom. When we produce our consciousness we are adding to our Higher Self (unconscious) . . . which is our real self. But what we experience as our instantaneous awareness is NOT our Self. It is the "in-process" form of our Self replayed from the recordings of the brain. We actually live as a replay of the creation of our Higher Self.

Our conscious mind and unconscious Higher Self are different stages of the same process. Our mind is our "Self-in-the-process-of-becoming" through our thoughts and feelings. In other words, our mind is the in-process state and our Self is the finished product (unconscious). We might liken our mind to "white-hot Iron" before it is submersed in a cooling liquid to become "Steel." The "white-hot Iron," even if it were aware as we are, could not know the quality and character of the tensile strength and hardness it will possess after its immersion into the liquid to become "Steel." Analogously, our organic "white-hot Ion" transfers (thoughts and feelings) are submersed (whatever that means) in the liquid (amniotic brain fluid) around the brain to cool (whatever that means) and become our "Self."

Our "white-hot Ion" transfers (in-process thoughts and feelings), even though we are aware, cannot know what we become after immersion into the "water of life" around our brains to become our "Higher Self." It remains unconscious.

(Zacharias 13:9)

. . . And I will bring the third part through the fire and will refine them as silver is refined; And I will try
them as gold is tried. They shall call upon my name, and I will hear them.

Our conscious existence is an intermediate process state that is aware of itself . . . but the conscious state is an illusory “delayed broadcast†of our true Self. The true Self is a stage that occurs in quantum time. We do not consciously "experience" the prior stage because it occurs before our instantaneous awareness has formed. But our consciousness is influenced and controlled by it. Our Self exercises increasing control over the process state as it grows and matures. Mind, then, is the conscious thought processes (Ion transfers), and Self is the product of those thought processes . . . as well as the increasingly more important unconscious control for them.

Old 11-07-2014, 01:07 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
The problem I have here is that my dreams and mind on autorun is very repetitive, boring, not ordered, and just repetitions of the day. Active thoughts are what defines me and when I am the happiest. Autorun thoughts seem to be very lame.

Maybe we have different definitions of subconscious though.
I don't really see how the term "autorun" applies to the subconscious, though. Subconscious thoughts and feelings are not necessarily processes that run automatically; they are simply processes that happen on a different level than our conscious thoughts and feelings.

At the same time, neither would I say that connecting with the subconscious is the same as connecting with your "higher" self - I would say it's more like connecting with your inner self. You say your active thoughts are what define you and make you happiest, and that may very well be true. But the thoughts and feelings that happen on a subconscious level are what largely drive the thoughts, feelings, and actions you experience and express on a conscious level. What you think and feel on a subconscious level are the reasons you do what you do on a conscious level, and the happiness you feel on a conscious level is just your conscious awareness of the satisfaction and gratification you're feeling on a subconscious level.

So, if you look at it that way, you could argue that what you think, feel, and fear on a subconscious level define you more than what you think, feel, and fear on a conscious level. Even your conscious actions are a reflection of your innermost personality - because yes, the decisions that you make on a conscious level are what drive those conscious actions; but those conscious decisions are, in turn, driven by the motivations from your subconscious. In that sense, I think that the more deeply and comprehensively you understand what's happening on a subconscious level, the better you know who you are as a human being - because what's happening on a subconscious level is why you do what you do on a conscious level.

Old 11-07-2014, 01:58 AM

348 posts, read 294,739 times
What compels the unconscious mind ?

a) survival as its understood

or

b) the valued, unique basic nature of a person, the intrinsic and most important ingredient of a person.

If the answer is a) the unconscious would be the higher self or 'I' ( but , not really or possible.

If the answer is b) the unconscious would not be the higher self and in a state of being compelled, compelled by the I.

The unconscious mind's role would be to make suggestions at powerful levels, so it is compeled. It would either be compelled by the conscious mind > which gives rank directly back to the conscious mind, or it would be compelled by the I.

Last edited by Sophronius; 11-07-2014 at 02:50 AM..

Old 11-07-2014, 08:00 AM

3,429 posts, read 2,734,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWisdom View Post
Like it talks about here:

The Multidimensional Self | Gestalt Reality

The concept of the "multidimensional self" discussed in the linked article is, in many ways, very similar to my own view - especially the notion of "reincarnated" aspects of the self being, in some deep sense "simultaneous" - not really a linear progress, etc. (and, as I see it, not really even "reincarnated" in the traditional sense of the terms, but more like "parallel world" aspects of self).

Personally, I tend to avoid terms like "higher" self in favor of terms like "primordial" or "original" etc. and I tend to say "unconscious" rather than "subconscious" for various subtle reasons. Some of the comments in this thread make me think it might be useful to mention Viktor Frankl in this context. (He is most famous for his book "Man in Search of Meaning" but at the moment I'm thinking more about his essay "The Unconscious God" - which he later used as the basis for his book "Man in Search of Ultimate Meaning.") His contention is that there is not only a personal unconscious (a realm of "instincts" or "drives" etc.), but also a spiritual unconscious - which goes down to the core of reality itself.

A quick quote: "…the person in his depth, the spirit in its depth, or, for that matter, human existence in its depth is essentially unconscious."

In other threads I've argued that "consciousness" is probably not primordial - I suspect that consciousness emerges from unconsciousness. This might be a good opportunity to say a bit more about why I keep pushing this point. The basic issue, as I see it, is the paradoxical nature of self-reference. A metaphor that is often used is the blind spot in the eye where the optic nerve enters the eyeball. A similar idea can be found in the Vedas:

"That which does the seeing, cannot be seen; that which does the hearing, cannot be heard; and that which does the thinking, cannot be thought."

Viktor Frankl is getting at the same idea with his notion of the unconscious origin of spirit. Another quote from Frankl that might help:

"…that which has to decide whether something is to be conscious or unconscious is itself unconscious. Just consider that there is something in the sleeping man that decides whether or not he should continue sleeping. […] That which decides whether an experience will become conscious or will remain unconscious is itself unconscious."

The multidimensional self is ultimately rooted in an existential unconscious spirit. But this unconscious spirit is not a purely objective/physical set of particles or forces, nor is it a set of Freudian "drives" - rather, I'd say it is more like an existentialist "thrown" reality - a reality that is, in its essence, indeterminate energy that is poised, shall we say, to make existentialist "choices". An individual conscious mind, in each instance of conscious experience, is, in effect, "the world" or "Reality" in a moment of choice roughly comparable to an awaking brain - Frankl's "unconscious God", in any given moment, "choosing" to wake up.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:29 AM

348 posts, read 294,739 times
I will try my idea before reading what the experts say,( good postings)

Hypothesis :

The individual conscious mind is of this world, the conscious mind is of this world, the deeper compelling force which I will call the authentic I, is not of this world.

It would be amiss to dismiss the overall operations and functioning of the known conscious mind itself in the exploration, reason being it is intimately connected and partners the unconscious mystery and power. It would be a relationship to be sure. ( what do we know about how mind goes about processing , its particular path or method of operation.

So we know something, there is an intimate relationship between these two distinct faculties, known's or reliable foundations would be important in developing a mind theory.

The relationship would be a bridging capability. There would be an achieving in the association. I'm trying to lay out foundation for the post.

Either a mysterious can become more evidently a mysterious or it cannot, the ultimate question in this particular matter. Would there indeed be a mysterious as a value, which man can justify objectively, his curiosity, not of this world. ( same as the alien allure in a way)

The aware day to day attribute operates and functions in a relatively straight forward thinking process aided by the powerful discrete unconscious faculty.

For example,

conscious mind

a) at work or say gathering
b) at home
c) driving to and from either work or home.

Three, three connecting , bridging, co-operating functions which are in the state of achieving the being in the world or however a term is preferred. The three can easily be classified as fundamental and essential .

Whole mind ( hypothesis)

a) conscious mind
b) unconscious mind
c) the true or genuine 'I' ( not learned but given, it could be said in the genes , ok but that gets into the path and has nothing to do with the self-learning to be who the self would in actuality represent, which yes can become further uncovered or whatever, but the fact is, there must be a unique intrinsic value in the first place in order for the becoming or how ever it is phrased.

An achieving state. An analogy : muscle tissue operates and achieves in an order consistent with the fabric of muscle. The properties of the whole mind would also share an order of achieving goals .

to show the structure more easily in the analogy, ( conscious mind vrs whole mind operations including the I and unconscious. ( moments, momentum, mechanic's)

conscious mind= work or the term gathering
unconscious mind= home, not at work or gathering.
the true or genuine I = driving to or from home & work. (

that's how it can work. The intrinsic value I, directly represents and has an intimate relationship with the overall structure of laws and constants( achieving-order) of the universe. The organizational happenstance of the structure in creation wouldn't be of this world. So man goes about building and creating new things and new worlds showing off the dazzling understanding and a magical alure becomes interesting in the arts .

Last edited by Sophronius; 11-07-2014 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-19-2019, 05:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,004 times
Smile 😊

Okay
So you find out what destiny is.
You will understand that it's brought on us by our actions then you will come to realize our actions are influenced by our emotions (how we feel)and how we feel is brought by our perception in life(the way we think) and the way we think is controlled by our brain and YOU you control your brain.
So who are YOU😊
At least I believe we can all come to A conclusion that.
There is ME and MY BRAIN.

Old 10-19-2019, 05:35 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Yea I think so. as more studies come in it is looking more the body is part of the brain and the brain is part the body. So yeah, "the higher self" is just the volume in one's head. The brain is so complex that thoughts "waving" through the structure can seem to come from "outside", but in reality its just one area of the brain interacting with another area.

so the higher self, as a function of the body is valid enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality