Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 01:00 PM

30 posts, read 21,783 times

Advertisements

Saw a post about on Facebook and thought I start a thread about it

I went to a Christian based primary school where we used to go to church every Monday so that was my first memory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 02:44 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
This is definitely not a thread for me.

Old 08-16-2019, 03:06 PM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Being forced to go to hell (Sunday school).

Old 08-16-2019, 03:27 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Standing in a field in the summer at 8 years old when suddenly I was given a transcendent experience.
Now, I would say many things about it: It was a few minutes of Cosmic Consciousness,
it was Amazing Grace that opened
my mind/brain to previously asleep/dormant areas?
God infused me with seeing Reality...the Truth of this place...that being...!!!...this place isn't real..
just looks like it..it's really like a dream.
(I have since been given that experience many, many times, btw...No drugs.)

I would now say...it's like looking at a chair....then looking at the same chair under an EM microscope...
it's not really a chair...it certainly appears to be one, tho.

That was pretty darn spiritual.

Also younger hearing Music of the Spheres, Celestial Harmonies...

NO, what am I thinking?!
It was being in the play pen ..able to sorta stand up, kinda....18 months?
Looking at 'things' floating...not knowing what sort of place I was in...what were these 'things'
floating in front of me...I rem one was rounded one door 50s refrigerator and some other white appliance.
I have a high regard as to what brings 2 objects together here...each as if flung outta space...
the odds of falling in love with that other is amazing.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 08-16-2019 at 03:40 PM..

Old 08-16-2019, 03:57 PM

3,830 posts, read 1,384,422 times
do I have to use her real name ??

Old 08-16-2019, 05:02 PM

1,378 posts, read 393,415 times
As a small child I was taken to Hell to watch people being judged & thrown into the lake of fire. I watched men & women burning in agony & screaming for mercy. Also as a child I was frequently taken by an angel to see the flaming sword that keeps people away from The Tree of Eternal Life.

I grew up in an atheist family who never mentioned God or religion except to mock it.

One day I was walking past an old cemetery & the sky opened & golden light flooded all around me & 'The Father God appeared & transformed me into a completely new person.

I have experienced thousands of miracles & visitations from God throughout my life.

I believe religions need to be updated because God Is A Living Person who interacts with people throughout the world daily, & not just something someone wrote in an old book long ago.

Old 08-16-2019, 06:18 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
do I have to use her real name ??
Too funny!

Old 08-16-2019, 08:17 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Too funny!
Yes, it was very cute. I get it.

Old 08-16-2019, 10:11 PM

3,802 posts, read 2,999,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
As a small child I was taken to Hell to watch people being judged & thrown into the lake of fire. I watched men & women burning in agony & screaming for mercy. Also as a child I was frequently taken by an angel to see the flaming sword that keeps people away from The Tree of Eternal Life.

I grew up in an atheist family who never mentioned God or religion except to mock it.

One day I was walking past an old cemetery & the sky opened & golden light flooded all around me & 'The Father God appeared & transformed me into a completely new person.

I have experienced thousands of miracles & visitations from God throughout my life.

I believe religions need to be updated because God Is A Living Person who interacts with people throughout the world daily, & not just something someone wrote in an old book long ago.
What are your thoughts on the non- Christian religions?
Do they have a chance of being saved?
On the OP my earliest memories were singing hymns and preparing for my First Communion.

Old 08-17-2019, 03:05 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
I dabbled into the occult and did not think this was real , where I got my house haunted by wicked fallen angels who would make noises and blow out light bulbs , move things around , and even steal things in my house , were it made me mad where I remembered that Jesus delivered spirits as was the only one to do this were then I began to believe in Jesus and then got saved to Christ, and Jesus delivered my house from these menace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality