Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2009, 09:18 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times

Advertisements

OrionsAngel, congratulations on the graduation of your youngest, she's about to enter a world of uncertainty and let's hope that the knowledge that she has obtained will see her through this and that the Creator of us all will always walked beside her.osay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 09:45 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Orions this is such a beautiful poem I fixed the formatting so everyone could enjoy it as much as I did..Got any more to share..

Come ye stand upon the stile
We haven not dun this for awhile
Mount ye souls a midnight race
Run ‘n charge, a good knights chase
]Begin the run on a full moon
When we can all see to the doon
Horses hooves pound the faster
Heartbeat signal to the master
Round the castel to the wall
Holdfast riders will not fall
Reaching pasture, take the bend
Trust ye steed up to the end
Ford the creek ‘n jump the rock
Pass the Collie guarding flock
Feel the wind upon yer face
This we call a good knights chase
Take the cliff road to the shor
Feel the sand up to the moo
Throw the mud, feel the gushe
Trodden light about the rushes
Keep the canter, keep ye steady
Hold head high, spurs to the ready
Hit the road with lightning speed
Feel every muscle of thy steed
Once the banner comes to sight
Hold her mane with all yer might
Leap host scale high with all yer manner
Be first claim prize the waving standard
Gather all men to wooded mound
Brothern love be it abound
All in practice better the pace
And then we had a good knights chase!

Old 06-15-2009, 09:50 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,736 times
^^

lovely... heading for the chasers. or the champagne!

Old 06-15-2009, 10:28 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
Congratulations to your Daughter OrionsAngel, and all the best wishes to her for a fulfilling, challenging but most of all very Happy life. It can be a harsh world out there but I am sure with your love and guidance she will be more than up to the challenges ahead .

Time to celebrate and share the Joy all round.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:36 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,736 times
Arrow big4 on page 1!!

the summer evening light has it ....

YouTube - Reba McEntire-Fancy

.... paged

Old 06-17-2009, 01:43 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
There is a place in the soul of man that transcends life. I was watching my cows this morning early. As dawn, in rose and lavender splendor, appeared, and the world came alive, the cows wandered from tuft of grass to tuft of grass, oblivious to the world around them. The chickens were already out and scratching and pecking. A couple of them were under the cows eating ticks that they could reach. I let my little dogs out for their morning run and bark. All were oblivious to the beauty of the morning. I think that what most separates man from the rest of the animal kingdom is the awareness of beauty. I know when my animals are happy and contented. I have yet to see that a cow looks at a flower as anything but edible vegetation. My Jack Russell Terriers seem to think that anything small that moves needs to be killed.

I have known people of similar intent. The world is to be used. If it can't generate a profit what good is it? The only reason to invest in art is for the capital gains. I sometimes think such people, with a dearth of art, music, glory in their lives are somehow crippled and are, in fact, less than they could be, if they would only allow a sunrise to awaken their soul

Beautiful music by Loreena McKinnett envelopes the time lapse of the southern view of the Thames River in Komoka Provincial Park, Ontario, Canada.

YouTube - Between the Shadows (Timelapse)

Old 06-17-2009, 03:53 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
I come each day and am so blessed to read good Pastures messages..I also take time to "stop and smell the roses"..
Nothing puts me in closer contact with the creator than the beauty he surrounds me with each day as I awaken to the dawn whether it is to a wondrous sun just peeping over the mountaintops or a dark clouded sky slowly creeping ever nearer with a hint of a breeze stirring the leaves of the trees..At that moment a pleasant earthy smell of the forest floor comes to me as the first raindrops fall in the wooded mountain before..
That is how I awakened this morning and what greeted me from my deck as I enjoyed my first cup of coffee and smiled at the deer family on the old road above me as they made their morning way to the creek..I spoke to the creator and thanked him for a beautiful beginning of another day..

Old 06-17-2009, 05:58 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
The awesome beauty of a thunderstorm coming over the mountains. This picture was taken just 10 minutes ago, just before the rains come and make the air sweet and fresh.
Attached Thumbnails
Who will sit with me within the sacred circle-pauls-summer-pictures-ii-003.jpg  

Old 06-17-2009, 06:31 PM

444 posts, read 1,212,012 times
Aye, Thank ye all sooo much for your wishes! She is a great kid, she is tall, beautiful and confident. She is the typist in the family,hehe.. she also took 3 years of Spanish, so she will always have a translation career! She has entered herself into a small college, and like most of us, doesnt have a definate major in mind yet. She is hilarious! She is! We sat at Pizza hut watching the cars go by, and I saw 3 cops racing in tendem, I said to her, "oh look, Bobbies on a Barbie"! She said, "And they're in a Bustle"! She keeps up with me real well!! She has many friends because she is so human, and good to be with. I will let her know of your well wishes, and Thanks so much for caring!
Here's another of my poems )
]A King’s Ransom
By Karen( Moore) McK
3/4/09

A man ‘came a Knight
When allied in fight
For freedom a swift victory

He is granted his land
]For his right hand
At service for his majesty

He takes on the battle
And keepsakes the castle
His heart and soul never sleep

The battle took tenfold
Beaten down the stronghold
While screaming “they’ve captured our King”!

Knight brave at his shoulder
Rode fast pleading mercy
His heartbeat like swift Falconry

He tendered his son
For release of the one
Who’s blood would keep Scotia free

He paid for “the cause”
He made no pause
Dun all he could for his country!

Old 06-17-2009, 06:52 PM

444 posts, read 1,212,012 times
Nice "after the rain" photo PTSUM , I caught a nice rainbow myself a couple weeks ago, 'twas refreshing!! The mountain flowers are all so beautiful right now, hope everyone gets up high for a Sunday drive this weekend! The Moose are out near the roads, so photography is prime. Honeysuckle just finished blooming, and Lilacs are going full aroma. Love this earth!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality