Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2023, 11:47 AM

2,422 posts, read 1,450,473 times

Advertisements

So with this thread, I'll attempt to answer any questions you have for me concerning what I know of Yahweh. If you ask a question I don't know the answer to, I will let you know up front and may give a guess. Ultimately all my answers will be seen as my opinion, but that is alright. If you ask any funny questions, or non-serious questions, I probably won't respond. I may or may not chuckle.

All that said, again, the answers will be seen as my opinion. As there are many denominations in Christianity, so different Christians will give you different answers to the same questions. That's okay as well. Since I'm taking on all comers, I may take time to respond to some questions. So if I don't respond right away, don't lose heart! Well, let's just see where this goes.

Old 12-14-2023, 11:57 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
....All that said, again, the answers will be seen as my opinion. ...
Well, let's just see where this goes.
Well said.
In your opinion to get things started - Do you think God changes? Learns, grows, evolves?
Once he appeared jealous and was portrayed as wrathful and murderous, even....then, changed into a loving Father.
Or was God always a loving Father with NO wrath at all, but was portrayed that way by Man?

Old 12-14-2023, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well said.
In your opinion to get things started - Do you think God changes? Learns, grows, evolves?
Once he appeared jealous and was portrayed as wrathful and murderous, even....then, changed into a loving Father.
Or was God always a loving Father with NO wrath at all, but was portrayed that way by Man?

According to my understanding of Scripture, God doesn't change. His nature at the forefront is love, and He judges in righteousness. In the beginning, we see He supplied (speaking of humanity) Adam and Eve with abundance. Whatever they needed, whatever they enjoyed, it was supplied to them in the Garden of Eden. So the abundance in the beginning showed God's love.

When rebellion seeped into creation, that's when God's judgments kicked in. However, by God not destroying Adam and Eve right there on the spot, it showed God's love toward them and mankind. That lasted all the way up to Noah's time, where God had to make a final judgment on the people of that day. So, God's nature first and foremost is love, and if He must judge, He will make righteous judgments. (Which seems angry and wrathful to the ones who receive it).

Old 12-14-2023, 12:21 PM

50,837 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
So with this thread, I'll attempt to answer any questions you have for me concerning what I know of Yahweh. If you ask a question I don't know the answer to, I will let you know up front and may give a guess. Ultimately all my answers will be seen as my opinion, but that is alright. If you ask any funny questions, or non-serious questions, I probably won't respond. I may or may not chuckle.

All that said, again, the answers will be seen as my opinion. As there are many denominations in Christianity, so different Christians will give you different answers to the same questions. That's okay as well. Since I'm taking on all comers, I may take time to respond to some questions. So if I don't respond right away, don't lose heart! Well, let's just see where this goes.
Remember in your other thread when I said you just want to preach?

Old 12-14-2023, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Remember in your other thread when I said you just want to preach?

No, I don't want to preach. If I was preaching in my other thread, who believed in the generic god? Yet many talked to me about Yahweh. So in this thread if anyone wants to know about my understanding of Yahweh, this is their chance.

Old 12-14-2023, 12:27 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,168,155 times
If I had questions about God, I'd go to him directly. Not ask some random anonymous online person, priest, joker, fool, etc.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 12-14-2023 at 12:38 PM..

Old 12-14-2023, 12:38 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,267,247 times
Can God microwave a bean burrito so hot, that even He cannot eat it?

Old 12-14-2023, 12:39 PM

50,837 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
No, I don't want to preach. If I was preaching in my other thread, who believed in the generic god? Yet many talked to me about Yahweh. So in this thread if anyone wants to know about my understanding of Yahweh, this is their chance.
There are lots of sources out there far more qualified than you...an anonymous poster on a forum.

Old 12-14-2023, 12:43 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,168,155 times
Okay, OP. Here's a question for you:

Is God impressed with you being a spokesman for him? You did say "ask anything".

Old 12-14-2023, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Okay, OP. Here's a question for you:

Is God impressed with you being a spokesman for him? You did say "ask anything".

I'm just simplifying things in this topic. As I mentioned in the OP, my answers will be seen as my opinion. So I'm not on a throne, but this thread is a response to the things people spoke of me concerning Yahweh in my other thread. Of course others can share their opinion as well. I'm just focusing the questioning to myself.

I'm not a spokesman. Perhaps with this thread I'm testing my own knowledge. So this thread is all on me and what I wanted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality