Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 01:20 PM

13 posts, read 21,575 times

Advertisements

Ok today I was walking and a question came into my head. Why did god leave it to man to translate and screw up his best selling book? I mean if he's all knowing then he must have known people were going to mess up some things. Why didn't he just write the bible in every language so everyone can read and understand his correct words?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 01:37 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,005,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashima View Post
Ok today I was walking and a question came into my head. Why did god leave it to man to translate and screw up his best selling book? I mean if he's all knowing then he must have known people were going to mess up some things. Why didn't he just write the bible in every language so everyone can read and understand his correct words?
That would have made too much sense.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:46 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Because God didn't write that book.
It's a reference book of people and their stories. Their hardships, struggles, wars, how they felt at a particular time in their life and their own connection to God. If you read it with an open mind, you can discern which parts are true and which parts are not.
It's meant to be a starting point for the journey of spirituality but people made it out to be something other than what it is.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:49 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,885 times
Quote:
Some other "whys":
- why give different regions different religions. Afterall, if such a god exists, there should be only 1 version
- why do the interpretations of these religions sometimes differ so much that people kill in his name
--why does each religion have different sects / sub-sets of truth

I suppose he was busy making the donkey talk - he forgot about these minor details.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:33 PM

Another thing Ive noticed is gods book is really violent. Some of the movies and games of today can't even keep up with the ammount of violence in his book. If there really is a god I highly doubt he had anything to do with the bible.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:36 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
If there really is a god I highly doubt he had anything to do with the bible.
Confusion setteth in. Your first post called it "his best selling book." Now you doubt there was any involvement.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:36 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,398,411 times
He didn't leave it to us. We created the thing...beginning to end. We screwed up our own creation.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Confusion setteth in. Your first post called it "his best selling book." Now you doubt there was any involvement.
Me calling it his best selling book was just a joke. I'm just saying if there actually is an all loving god I don't think he would write such a book.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:51 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,398,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
I suppose he was busy making the donkey talk .
I thought the only talking animal in the bible was the snake in genisis. Where's the story about the talking donkey?

Old 05-13-2009, 03:53 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,521,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
I thought the only talking animal in the bible was the snake in genisis. Where's the story about the talking donkey?

forgot a u somewhere?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality