Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 10:26 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,375,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Most of my family see spirituality in everything, but i don't, i just think it's nonsense.

Does this make me a bad person, for not seeing a mystic awe in things?
There is a difference between being "bad" and being wrong. You are just wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 10:51 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Not seeing spirituality in everything does not make you bad or wrong. Most people do not see spirituality in everything, but many pretend they do.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:09 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,070,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
And you guys say atheism is depressing.
it IS depressing if you know you have to pay the penalty for your sin. The amazing thing that we can all be happy about though is that if you repent and trust in Christ's sacrifice as atonement for our sin we don't have to.

There is no better good news.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:12 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
it IS depressing if you know you have to pay the penalty for your sin. The amazing thing that we can all be happy about though is that if you repent and trust in Christ's sacrifice as atonement for our sin we don't have to.

But we don't know this, and thankfully we do not think the way you do. In fact since we do not believe in sin that frees us from depression in this regard...Christians such as yourself believe that everyone is bad and sinful, and have to repent to avoid hell...Now that has to be depressing.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:36 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,402,426 times
Of course it makes you bad! You are NOT allowed to have your own thoughts and feelings on anything! They HAVE to be what the big bully in the bible says they have to be! How dare you try to think for yourself! That is very closed minded of you!

Just kidding! You're fine. If you can't force yourself to think like those around then you just can't.... I know exactly where you are coming from!

Old 05-26-2009, 04:53 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post

It's not really that good of news.

It would be better news if he didn't try to throw us in hell in the first place.

Check it out:

According to you, God made me. Now he want's me to burn in hell for being exactly the same way he made me. I will only get a pardon if I agree to worship him for eternity.

It's extortion, plain and simple.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:58 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,070,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
It's not really that good of news.

It would be better news if he didn't try to throw us in hell in the first place.

Check it out:

According to you, God made me. Now he want's me to burn in hell for being exactly the same way he made me. I will only get a pardon if I agree to worship him for eternity.

It's extortion, plain and simple.

Oh well. Fact remains that if you repent and trust in Christ you won't go to hell.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:01 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Most of my family see spirituality in everything, but i don't, i just think it's nonsense.

Does this make me a bad person, for not seeing a mystic awe in things?
For you to ask this question, it makes me think you are either trolling or believing that you are a bad person for not being religious. I'd be interested to know what you about not being religious makes you "bad", in your opinion.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:19 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,331,348 times
Well, no one gets to heaven unless they go through Jesus Christ. That means you need to have faith, which you have none. Do you even know the "Lords Prayer" "Hail Mary" or "Glory be"?

Old 05-26-2009, 05:56 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,402,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
For you to ask this question, it makes me think you are either trolling or believing that you are a bad person for not being religious. I'd be interested to know what you about not being religious makes you "bad", in your opinion.
No...I know exactly what this person is talking about. I got so tired of being made to feel like a bad person just because I didn't think like all the other Christians in my church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality