Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 10:25 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,521,494 times

Advertisements

please do not call out a mod now!

YouTube - Max Raabe & PO - Kein Schwein ruft mich an + Variationen

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 10:25 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Okay this isn't really another gay thread. I don't want scriptures or anything like that. I just can't help but wonder what some of you are so afraid of when it comes to gay marriage? Why is that such a scarey concept to most Christians and anyone else so against it? What exactly do you think will happen if one day gay folks are allowed to take vows?
why do you think it's fear that people have of homosexuality?

it's about having a group of people with an abnormal value set with regard to how female and males operate in an intimate (one on one) setting.

to be homosexual - male + male or female + female oriented discounts the way normal people operate in the world.

you must know this.. .right?

Old 06-06-2009, 10:37 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Why are people so hell bent on forceing thier veiws of what the world is suppose to be like and lives are so to be lived by, in each others faces. I don't care what my neighbors do in thier own homes. If thier gay, so be it. If they walk around naked on thier own property, so be it (only if she real good lookin ). Good greif, get over it.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:50 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

it's about having a group of people with an abnormal value set with regard to how female and males operate in an intimate (one on one) setting.

to be homosexual - male + male or female + female oriented discounts the way normal people operate in the world.

Gee, I guess she should have used the word "revulsion" instead of "fear". Although I think the word "bigotry" suits the situation best. I guess anyone who does things in a way that is not "normal" for you has something wrong with them. To a homosexual, having feelings for the same sex is normal. Why can't you just live and let live?

Old 06-06-2009, 05:06 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,402,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

Oh so you are the judge on normal right? Is eating peanut butter on a baked potatoe normal? Cause I have a kid who likes it that way. Is that okay with you? Is anal sex between a heterosexual normal? Please let me know that too so I can conform to what you say is normal! Oh and the question was not why are people afraid of homosexuals, but rather what are they afraid will happen if gays can exchange wedding vows....

Old 06-06-2009, 05:11 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,937,768 times
Same old arguments brought out again and again. It amazes me: "I won't support a candidate who is for gay marriage, it's against the bible." Yet, there's no problem supporting a candidate who is for keeping divorce legal, or premarital sex legal, or any number of issues that go against the bible's strict regulations that can also be interpreted any number of ways and regularly are.

Every excuse against gay marriage is used to cover the true belief of the opposer "I think it's icky, they're different, and I am better than them" You know, kinda like they did with segregation and such.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:55 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Same old arguments brought out again and again. It amazes me: "I won't support a candidate who is for gay marriage, it's against the bible." Yet, there's no problem supporting a candidate who is for keeping divorce legal, or premarital sex legal, or any number of issues that go against the bible's strict regulations that can also be interpreted any number of ways and regularly are.

Every excuse against gay marriage is used to cover the true belief of the opposer "I think it's icky, they're different, and I am better than them" You know, kinda like they did with segregation and such.
And what about all the politicians who have been married 3 or 4 times or accused of adultery?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality