Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 03:00 PM

19 posts, read 37,209 times

Advertisements

No offense to anyone, but reading this thread reminded me of watching Monty Python skits. Absolutely hilarious, thanks for the laugh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 03:04 PM

353 posts, read 552,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
I am willing to meet any who will meet me.

No magic practitioner has *ever* taken me upon the challenge, in twenty years of making it.
I've met people that claim to be able to do all sorts of things. Oddly enough my "negative energy" always seems to make them powerless.
Not much of feat if you can't do it while nonbelievers are watching.

Maybe I'm just so amazing myself that all others are dumb struck at my awesomeness. Yeah that must be it. Magic is real and I'm God.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:09 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,930,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by offthefence View Post
I've met people that claim to be able to do all sorts of things. Oddly enough my "negative energy" always seems to make them powerless.
Not much of feat if you can't do it while nonbelievers are watching.

Maybe I'm just so amazing myself that all others are dumb struck at my awesomeness. Yeah that must be it. Magic is real and I'm God.

They never do tests -- and not many real deeds either. Oh, conversation with your
grandmother's shade in a darkened room, the odd love potion or two...
but comes a doubter, well then, it's the wrong day, the planets are not
aligned, the entrails aren't favorable, 'we don't do tests'.

10 Old Geek points for anyone identifying that quote.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:14 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
That's what I already said.
Actually it's what I already said in post #4 when I commented that it's all in the mind and that's exactly what it is, it only works if the individual that you are using it on, believes in it. I can make you float across a room in mid air, but only if you believe that I can do that, otherwise it doesn't work.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:15 PM

33,526 posts, read 37,125,817 times

YouTube - OCCASIONAL DEMONS (Jethro Tull) horror host spoof

Old 07-28-2009, 03:25 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,954,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
They never do tests -- and not many real deeds either. Oh, conversation with your
grandmother's shade in a darkened room, the odd love potion or two...
but comes a doubter, well then, it's the wrong day, the planets are not
aligned, the entrails aren't favorable, 'we don't do tests'.

10 Old Geek points for anyone identifying that quote.
THAT was from Dragonslayer! Great movie!

Old 07-28-2009, 03:28 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,930,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
THAT was from Dragonslayer! Great movie!
Here's your 10 points!

I showed that movie to my girls couple of weeks ago. If there's a hell I'm going, because they were very excited about the beautiful princess wanting to save everyone from the dragon.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:04 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,856,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I need to take you to black magic land. There are people I know who are connoisseurs of the art. And this is no joke.

They can even make a cougar go coyote
Well yeah, if ya eat enough of those Peyote pods (pull out the cotton first) you can see all sorts of stuff that really isn't there. Then.....there are people who believe there are these things, and they don't even do Peyote, some might say they are delusional.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:03 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Actually it's what I already said in post #4 when I commented that it's all in the mind and that's exactly what it is, it only works if the individual that you are using it on, believes in it. I can make you float across a room in mid air, but only if you believe that I can do that, otherwise it doesn't work.
You mean, you can make someone THINK they're floating across the room in mid air. You know darn well you can't actually levitate someone.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:13 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
You mean, you can make someone THINK they're floating across the room in mid air. You know darn well you can't actually levitate someone.
Well in a roundabout way that's exactly what I said, they have to believe in it in order for it to happen.....but in order for you to believe in it you would have to believe in levitation and if you didn't believe in it you wouldn't be asking the question...do you believe levitation is possible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality