Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 11:44 AM

380 posts, read 691,629 times

Advertisements

Kindgirl15:Jesus has millions of sons and daughters w/n the Body of Christ.FYI: There are just as many Muslims that convert to Christianity, as there are Christians that convert to Islam. If a "Christian" clergyman converts to Islam, he must have NOT been called and/or chosen by God to be a part of the clergy. "Many are called, but few are chosen". There are false prophets in Christianity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 03:49 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,548,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kind girl15 View Post
i have questions
you say that jesus is the son of god. so the god loves children.
ok.. why he doesnt have a daughter and a lot of children.
in addition .. you say that your religion is more correct than islam.. so... why do some your clargy convert islam while our clargy eny one doesnt convert Christian
answer me
Clergy converting to Islam isn't really that common. In addition the reverse is going to be rarer because

1: Sunni Islam is the biggest branch of Islam and traditionally doesn't have a clergy in the Christian sense. Shi'ites do, but Shiites tend to live in lands where Christians are almost non-existent.

2: Apostasy is much more discouraged in Islam than Christianity. I'm not saying you all kill apostates or anything, but being an apostate is a bigger deal than in modern Christianity. In Catholicism it was once a really big deal too and to be honest I've found only one Catholic priest who became Muslim. (Chaldean-rite to Islam)

Old 08-15-2009, 09:19 PM

232 posts, read 701,103 times
Why do moslum countries not give their people the choice of what religion they want to practice? Why cant Saudi Arabia let Christianity have a chance? is it because they fear that people would leave Islam in droves...funny how there is this double standard. Religion of Peace my #@$#%^&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Clergy converting to Islam isn't really that common. In addition the reverse is going to be rarer because

1: Sunni Islam is the biggest branch of Islam and traditionally doesn't have a clergy in the Christian sense. Shi'ites do, but Shiites tend to live in lands where Christians are almost non-existent.

2: Apostasy is much more discouraged in Islam than Christianity. I'm not saying you all kill apostates or anything, but being an apostate is a bigger deal than in modern Christianity. In Catholicism it was once a really big deal too and to be honest I've found only one Catholic priest who became Muslim. (Chaldean-rite to Islam)

Old 10-02-2009, 08:07 PM

5 posts, read 5,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kind girl15 View Post
i have questions
you say that jesus is the son of god. so the god loves children.
ok.. why he doesnt have a daughter and a lot of children.
in addition .. you say that your religion is more correct than islam.. so... why do some your clargy convert islam while our clargy eny one doesnt convert Christian
answer me
God does have a lot of children, sons and daughters. They are called mankind. But for the purpose that Jesus came into the world He had to be a boy. See Jesus himself said "I did not come to change the law but to fulfill it." The Law he was coming to fulfill was the atonement sacriface. The sacrifacial animal had to be a male without a spot or a blemish. Look in the books of Exodus, Leviticus and Duetoronmy. I am also more then sure it can be found in the Quaran but could be wrong. Jesus said he came to die for the sins of the world.. As for the clergy converting christian, yes some of them do. I know some that have and wish them all well. It's not a situation of who's religion is right the true question is what person is living write. I was born into a christian family, for a long time when I was old enough to make my own decision I studied and followed the Islamic Faith. Now I am a believer in Jesus the Christ. See all I know is only one man said "no man takes my life, but it is freely laid down, and I will raise it up again" and more importantly only one man has done it.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier1774 View Post
Why do moslum countries not give their people the choice of what religion they want to practice? Why cant Saudi Arabia let Christianity have a chance? is it because they fear that people would leave Islam in droves...funny how there is this double standard. Religion of Peace my #@$#%^&
That is a true statement. But I have a question for you. How much longer do you think christians will be free to practice their religion right here in america. they tell us we can't display so much because it offends people who do not believe, for ex. I couldn't wear a cross at an old job I had, but those of other faith were allowed to dress in their clothes, wear their stars of david, etc. I say that to say It's not just muslum countries that don't give choice. because to allow me a choice and then not to allow me to freely express it is it really a choice? just a thought to make you think

Old 10-02-2009, 08:23 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,723,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toi4christ View Post
That is a true statement. But I have a question for you. How much longer do you think christians will be free to practice their religion right here in america. they tell us we can't display so much because it offends people who do not believe, for ex. I couldn't wear a cross at an old job I had, but those of other faith were allowed to dress in their clothes, wear their stars of david, etc. I say that to say It's not just muslum countries that don't give choice. because to allow me a choice and then not to allow me to freely express it is it really a choice? just a thought to make you think
what job wouldn't allow you to wear a cross?
isn't that illegal?
that's different from, like say, not being able to display the ten commandments in a court house.
but not being allowed to wear a cross?
never heard of such a thing.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
what job wouldn't allow you to wear a cross?
isn't that illegal?
that's different from, like say, not being able to display the ten commandments in a court house.
but not being allowed to wear a cross?
never heard of such a thing.
I was a chaplain at a hospital. And although there were people working with me of all faiths (Jewish, Islamic, etc) the Ministers were told that we could not were crosses. Not even small ones because it would offend the non believers, yet the clergy of other faiths could wear their garb, etc and it wasn't a problem because it was a part of their faith.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:46 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,852,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnpull2 View Post
Muslims believe that Jesus was a profit.
Well a lot of people have certainly made a profit out of the myth.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:40 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,592,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toi4christ View Post
But I have a question for you. How much longer do you think christians will be free to practice their religion right here in america. they tell us we can't display so much because it offends people who do not believe, for ex. I couldn't wear a cross at an old job I had, but those of other faith were allowed to dress in their clothes, wear their stars of david, etc. I say that to say It's not just muslum countries that don't give choice. because to allow me a choice and then not to allow me to freely express it is it really a choice? just a thought to make you think
Wearing a cross is practicing your religion? I'm Jewish--and I don't wear a Star of David. One thing has nothing to do with the other. Christians not allowed to practice their religion in this country? That's called paranoia. (What nobody is free to do is push their religion in anyone else's face, and that applies to everyone).

Old 10-04-2009, 08:07 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,041,386 times
Default to Teejuris

With all that said, when Muslims say they "believe in" and the Qu'ran discusses Jesus, I correct them. I peacefully tell them they can't "believe in" Jesus if they denounce the Trinity, reduce and/or relegate Jesus to a prophet and deny the Resurrection occurred. Even if the Qu'ran acknowledges or references Jesus, that doesn't mean it honors Jesus as the supreme being He is. It's an abomination not to hold/discuss Jesus in proper regard for who He is.
Muslims don't believe in Jesus as a supreme being, they believe he is a prophet. Christians see Jesus as God in 3 parts. Muslims only believe in 1 God and Jews believe in 1 God. The God of the Bible and Quran is 1 and has no parts, children, mother or father. Christians divided God up to 3 parts father, son and holy spirit. Muslims don't believe that but they do accept that Jesus was a prophet. Your idea of believing in Jesus is not theirs. What you need to understand is only Christianity believes Jesus is the son of God. Islam can surely believe he was a prophet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality