Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 07:11 PM

661 posts, read 522,572 times

Advertisements

Of course, I don't want to go to hell. But I get An angry feeling when most Christians want to tell me how perfect their heaven is, it doesn't sound perfect, and it's not beyond criticism. I don't want to go there if I can no longer have urges our get to have sex because I don't need it or anything. I also wish they will stop scaring others by talking about the end. I like Earth as it is and I do NOT want this world to badly end.

I do have doubts about God's plan for life on Earth too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 07:56 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,936,334 times
If you have run into people who are confident about how life after death will be or the end of the world as we know it, you have run into people who are blowing smoke. My recommendation; figure out what is valuable to you here and now. Caring about people works for me.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:14 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,809,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
Of course, I don't want to go to hell. But I get An angry feeling when most Christians want to tell me how perfect their heaven is, it doesn't sound perfect, and it's not beyond criticism. I don't want to go there if I can no longer have urges our get to have sex because I don't need it or anything. I also wish they will stop scaring others by talking about the end. I like Earth as it is and I do NOT want this world to badly end.

I do have doubts about God's plan for life on Earth too.
Interesting (bolded above)...

Old 08-09-2015, 09:12 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,559,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Interesting (bolded above)...
This fellow values sex over eternal joy. Ok and whatever. I like sex as much as the next fellow but...

Old 08-09-2015, 09:13 PM

But what?

Old 08-09-2015, 09:36 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,936,645 times
Heaven is not about sex ,nor is there sex in heaven men are as the angels of God there is neither marriage nor the giving in marriage .
Your soul is not sexual ,only this body is .
When this body is dead the soul is free of it but , those whom own it will harvest it.
Ownership comes from one's preference to serve.
God harvests those the serve Him .
Satan harvests those God rejects.
Men think God is worried about volume, because men worry about volume, not God.
When God guided Joshua in picking out his army, God cut it down several times , because performance matters.
Heaven will have those God want's in it, not those you want in it.
IF you want to be included ,behave that way.
If you want to be excluded, do nothing.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:03 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,936,334 times
Smoke

Old 08-09-2015, 10:06 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,415,048 times
Yeah, who wouldn't get tired of hearing things like this about Heaven:

"Well, imagine the very peak of a perfect sexual org*sm,
except this org*sm never stops. It keeps going on forever with no
decrease in its powerful and flawless intensity."

"The Disappearance of the Universe"- Gary Renard, page 7

Old 08-09-2015, 10:17 PM

1,422 posts, read 952,846 times
I remember a while back talking with a woman about consciousness and machines and she said she would rather have a biological body than miss out on all the sexual feelings etc.

Apparently though, one can have sexual feelings without feeling like they are in a physical body in a physical universe (like with lucid dreaming etc)

But in relation to the thread topic, I don't know what 'perfect' really means. But I have read info (from those experienced with Astral Projection) that there are many 'heavens' and that these exist because the individuals experiencing them actually create them.

Funny thing is, they are distinguishable from each other (thus are seen to be 'many') and not at all the same.

so every 'souls' idea of perfection obviously differs.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:11 AM

I just don't get why someone wouldn't want there to be any biological stuff in Heaven either. It's like God can't trust humans or is just paranoid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality