Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 10:25 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate_m View Post
I love NATURE, my family & some friends & pets. I worship the blue sky, big/little green things & bugs. I appreciate the feeling of mystery behind it all, the unseen forces.
Me too sorta, Church of Deep Ecology - Home Page

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 10:43 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,163,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Me too sorta, Church of Deep Ecology - Home Page

20yrsinBranson
Hi 20yrsinBranson,

Nice meeting you and thanks for posting where your heart is.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNutt View Post
There are a few Christians here...but most of the folks here are either universalists, or they believe in other religions, or they just flat out don't care for religion of any kind and get their kicks out of making fun of those that do.

Don't bother sending an alert to mods....they will be ignored. Unless of course you dare to tell someone they're wrong for criticizing a religion.
Hi WingNutt,

I totally understand where you're coming from.

Thanks for posting.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
My heart is on my sleeve and I share it with all who want to learn of me.

My love lies with my son, boyfriend and God. What I love doing is basking in the sun. That's right, sun worshipper here. I make no qualms about it and all who know me will tell ya.
My dream is to move some place that has absolutely no winter. Winter is evil. It makes me cold and that's evil to me.
Hi Reverend1111,

Great hearing from you and thanks for sharing.

I can relate, as I love the sun, too. Move south... maybe SoCal. That would be cool.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:52 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
There are a few Christians here...but most of the folks here are either universalists, or they believe in other religions, or they just flat out don't care for religion of any kind and get their kicks out of making fun of those that do.

Don't bother sending an alert to mods....they will be ignored. Unless of course you dare to tell someone they're wrong for criticizing a religion.
If you are saying that the mods here are biased, you couldn't be more wrong...If the report is not frivolous it will not be ignored.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:52 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Hi Reverend1111,

Great hearing from you and thanks for sharing.

I can relate, as I love the sun, too. Move south... maybe SoCal. That would be cool.
I will have a couple of friends there and you guys can show me around.

It's funny, Lucas said that after he gets out of college, him and his girlfriend want to move to LA. I didn't even say anything before he said that. Honest!!

Old 11-10-2009, 10:54 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,727,521 times
I love my dog, i love animals, nature, the cosmos, good music, good art, much of California ('specially where i am), the Pacific ocean, ........... and lots of other stuff.
This is often a brutal forum SoCalAngel so if your sweetness is sincere, take care and run, don't walk, to the nearest forum (any one other than this one) for sanctuary if you start feeling agitated, confused, angry, saddened, etc., etc.. or if you just get fed up, sick and tired of stupid humans arguing about anything and everything that they can get their minds on just 'cause they love to fight.
Just 'cause this is the religion&philosophy forum doesn't mean that there's loads of sweetness and light here ... often just the opposite.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Thanks for the heads up nightflight....I had never heard of this method of gaining converts....

Quote:
Love bombing is the deliberate show of affection or friendship by an individual or a group of people toward another individual. Critics have asserted that this action may be motivated in part by the desire to recruit, convert or otherwise influence. "Love bombing" is often cited by critics as one of the methods used by some cults and religions to recruit and retain members.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:58 AM

65 posts, read 93,125 times
So that's like when the mormons go mow my mother-in-law's 80 year old neighbor's lawn every...single...week......

then they paint her house....

and fix her fence.....

and....

and.....

etc.....

To her credit she has yet to convert...but she is enjoying the free labor.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
So that's like when the mormons go mow my mother-in-law's 80 year old neighbor's lawn every...single...week......

then they paint her house....

and fix her fence.....

and....

and.....

etc.....

To her credit she has yet to convert...but she is enjoying the free labor.
No, that is just good citizenship....I do the same for a couple of my elderly neighbours, plus shovel their walks when it snows...I've never painted their houses, but have done various plumbing, electrical, welding and carpentry repairs...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality