Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 06:37 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
President Obama told ABC News’ Jake Tapper today that Congress needs to change the abortion –related language in the health care bill passed by the House of Representatives this weekend.
“I laid out a very simple principle, which is this is a health care bill, not an abortion bill,” Obama said. “And we're not looking to change what is the principle that has been in place for a very long time, which is federal dollars are not used to subsidize abortions.

Interview with the President: 'This is a Health Care Bill, Not an Abortion Bill' - Political Punch

Yes, that's for health care over here in the states. And he is doing this only because he knows to many Americans oppose abortion. And he also knows he could not get his health care passed if abortion was included.
That was a political decision by Obama's group, and nothing more.

OBAMA ADMINISTRATION SENDS 50 MILLION DOLLARS TO UNITED NATIONS POPULATION FUND.
Obama Admin Sends UN Population Fund $50 Million, Abortion Backers Want More
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 07:04 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Yes, that's for health care over here in the states. And he is doing this only because he knows to many Americans oppose abortion. And he also knows he could not get his health care passed if abortion was included.
That was a political decision by Obama's group, and nothing more.

OBAMA ADMINISTRATION SENDS 50 MILLION DOLLARS TO UNITED NATIONS POPULATION FUND.
Obama Admin Sends UN Population Fund $50 Million, Abortion Backers Want More
My mistake, but the 50 million to the UN is for a lot more than just abortions.

With a woman dying every minute because of complications in childbirth or pregnancy
, the UN on Tuesday appealed for the world to contribute more to improve women's health and access to contraception.
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/health/sexual-health/Women+deserve+better+access+birth+control/1955601/story.html (broken link)

What is your option Tom? just let them continue to die at that rate?

In a recent statement, Obama said the resumption of U.S. funding would help not only to reduce poverty, but also improve the health of women and children and prevent HIV/AIDS.

UNFPA says due to the U.S. restrictions on funding its programmes, millions of women in poor countries were unable to access health care during pregnancy and that many of them died as a result.
POLITICS: Obama Sets New Course at the U.N. - IPS ipsnews.net

Old 11-29-2009, 07:32 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,660 times
Quote:
And if his color was a problem for me, why would I and my wife be sending aid to help people in Africa?

So you can do what all Christians do - brag about it.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:40 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,236,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
My mistake, but the 50 million to the UN is for a lot more than just abortions.

With a woman dying every minute because of complications in childbirth or pregnancy
, the UN on Tuesday appealed for the world to contribute more to improve women's health and access to contraception.
Women deserve better access to birth control: UN (http://www.edmontonjournal.com/health/sexual-health/Women+deserve+better+access+birth+control/1955601/story.html - broken link)

What is your option Tom? just let them continue to die at that rate?

In a recent statement, Obama said the resumption of U.S. funding would help not only to reduce poverty, but also improve the health of women and children and prevent HIV/AIDS.

UNFPA says due to the U.S. restrictions on funding its programmes, millions of women in poor countries were unable to access health care during pregnancy and that many of them died as a result.
POLITICS: Obama Sets New Course at the U.N. - IPS ipsnews.net
Duh, didn't you know it doesn't matter if the mother dies? It only matters that the child is born.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:48 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Well obviously the Bush administrations policy of abstinence in Africa didn't work, as there are 76 million unwanted births per year...Something had to be done. This money will provide education and access to birth control and deal with the many other health problems women have in Africa...

It's good that you send money to Africa Tom, but there are billions needed, and the little bit you I and others like us can send is like one drop in an ocean. Think about it, over 1,400 women per day die because of complications in child birth, not to mention the thousands of children born into abject poverty daily.

It's easy to criticize, but I'll ask you again...What do you think should be done?

Old 11-29-2009, 11:36 AM

2,008 posts, read 3,327,483 times
Quote:
Many devout Christian did not vote for President Obama, because they knew he would support abortion. And in fact, one of his very first actions once in office, was to send millions of dollars of taxpayer money to fund Abortions in third world countries.

Obama’s First Act: Taxpayer Money To Fund Abortions Of Black Babies | Syberviduliya (http://www.syberviduliya.com/node/641 - broken link)

So it should come as no surprise, that we would now hear this evil wording revealed in his campain slogan. "YES WE CAN".
It is now being reported, than when "YES WE CAN" is reversed, we hear another new message that states, THANK YOU SATAN.

LiveLeak.com - Obama - Yes We Can = Thank You Satan
You know, everyone slaps a label on someone. I see it on here all the time. If someone says something that the other doesn't agree with they're a Nazi. All this labeling isn't going to do us any good.

You're talking about a politician here. What did you expect, little Bo-peep? Th next politician and surely the previous one will do a lot of "evil" things in their term. I'd say the death of over a million innocent civilians in an illegitimate war is pretty effin evil. Where's the label to slap on that politician? No matter who you vote for, they are going to do things that are morally objectionable to someone. That doesn't mean that they are Satan, or serving Satan. They are a reflection of our collective human lives. Like it or not, when you look at a politician - a little bit of that is you that you're seeing. Remember more often than not, what you don't like about someone else is what you don't like about yourself.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
So you can do what all Christians do - brag about it.
If I did not have to defend myself, I never would of said anything.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:06 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Default Notes on Lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Aah the deemuns with strangely muslim/arabic sounding names.

Never wondered why us "heathen" never have demonic encounters,? Seems the devil and his minions all hang out in churches/church groups, I guess they like the company of the theists that invented them
Good catch. I never thought of it that way, '58! I was enticed by a ravenously attractive dark-haired girl when I was at The Evil University once. After that, I became an atheist....

Hmmm... I wonder.....

Quote:
If millions of American dollars are being sent to Africa, would that money not be better spent taking care of children, rather then killing them. Perhaps instead of spending hundreds of millions of dollars on abortions, they could use that money to drill for clean water, and find new ways to establish new farms, ect. Oh, and yes, dare anyone bring out a Bible verse that would incourage humans to protect life.

People can be encouraged to act ethically without the other tag-on mandates of a bible. That's the continuing problems with missionary Christianity; it's never "free". Ask the North American Indians, the Hawaiians, the Aussie & S. American Aboriginals, the Africans.

Christianity simply spells "control" and "wealth acquisition" through cultural annihilation.

It appears to me catman, you have made the choice as to who should live or die. I always though that choice should be made by God. Yet, maybe you think your His equal. And suggesting who should live or die is always easy when it's not your pond of flesh on the chopping block.
As for me, I'm way ahead of your God. He's not my equal, because he's just a myth. I, however, am directly responsible for my actions and my votes. I used to be a Republican, but Bush's mindless Christian biases forever excommunicated Christian Republicans from any future vote of mine. Not to mention that old-tyme Republicans also seem to believe that the "free market will take care of everything", but only if they get their several pounds of flesh first.

Then, their brainless ideas of the role of science? Their denial of support for research that can and will eliminate truly awful diseases? They'd have us back in the Stone Age, with Cardinal Cretchbak at the helm...

As for mindless, flippant abortions of convenience, Tom, I'm with you on this one, partly. While a woman should have some control over her own body, the casual use of abortions in Western culture for a handy birth control method is an abomination. Otherwise, for health reasons, or in the case of rape, incest, it's completely rational. Simplistic laws against abortion per se are typical of mindless, unthinking dogma.

A lot of those overseas funds are actually going to AIDS research, and to solving the real issue: over-population. Alone amongst animals on this planet, man does not respond to nutritional stress (starvation) by curtailing reproductive behavior. If we humans can crawl together, we'll welp out a few more, exacerbating the problem.

Those "Save The Children" missionaries? They're only feeding the problem, helping the little gippers get healthy enough to breed up some more mouths to feed. Meantime, those same missionaries are also brain-washing them kids soz they are dedicated little acolytes in their adult years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
You know, everyone slaps a label on someone. I see it on here all the time. If someone says something that the other doesn't agree with they're a Nazi. All this labeling isn't going to do us any good.

You're talking about a politician here. What did you expect, little Bo-peep? Th next politician and surely the previous one will do a lot of "evil" things in their term. I'd say the death of over a million innocent civilians in an illegitimate war is pretty effin evil.
Right on, cleatis. The BRCR* team Stone-aged us pretty good, huh?

(*Bush-Rumsfeldt-Cheney-Rice)

Old 11-29-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post

You're talking about a politician here. What did you expect, little Bo-peep? Th next politician and surely the previous one will do a lot of "evil" things in their term. I'd say the death of over a million innocent civilians in an illegitimate war is pretty effin evil. Where's the label to slap on that politician? No matter who you vote for, they are going to do things that are morally objectionable to someone. That doesn't mean that they are Satan, or serving Satan. They are a reflection of our collective human lives. Like it or not, when you look at a politician - a little bit of that is you that you're seeing. Remember more often than not, what you don't like about someone else is what you don't like about yourself.

I always vote for the lesser of two evils. And when you have a president who sends millions of dollars to Africa on his second day in office. And he did this, so woman over there can murder their unborn children. Well, I know I voted for the right person in the last election. The Bible tells us, "thou shall not murder". And we now have a president who is sending millions of dollars, to do just that. And some how people today can rationalize in their minds that this is a good thing. The Bible has a message for people like this.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness,

I did not have to slap a label on Obama, he labeled himself.
President Barack Obama's Pro-Abortion Record: A Pro-Life Compilation (http://www.lifenews.com/obamaabortionrecord.html - broken link)

Old 11-29-2009, 12:13 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Default As regards the OP video...

There simply is no rational response to that video. It reeks of the torch-and-pitchfork mentality that would pervade this country if it were not for rational thinkers. And educated voters.

Give Christian fundamentalists political control, or even a modicum of influence, and this is the sort of trash they'd be ramming down the throats of our children in schools every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality