Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 06:03 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times

Advertisements

The Poe is all about FALLING. IN other words, chack "Nisus" on the Wilipedia or anywhere else. We fall in approaching the absolute centre of gravity OR the centre of mass being attracted to the centre of gravity. The two quantitatively conceptual centres can never coincide. The centre of gravity of let's say, the Earth, is also a centre of Mass with respect to the centre of mass of the Solar system which is the centre of mass with respect to star clustre, and so on. The concept of Nisus itself is all about the altering of the centres with respect to each other as the distribution of masses changes for the attraction of parts of the system as the potential energy is over-all reduced into kenetic energy, and the centre of mass (for the presently identified object) is constantly at being projected out into inclusion of another greater totality of masses.

In this way there is existent the essential jerking action of Nisus which Hume conceived empirically for the idea of freedom in consciousness responding to the observation of self-moving against Inertia, i.e. we are now at the plain of thinking of some living object like a Frog reacting to an externally induced electric shock .

Gravity is ultimately the source for human freedom. We are propping ourselves up with our vertebrates against Gravity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 06:13 PM

310 posts, read 589,454 times
Nightbazaar your post totally brings up the subject of Lagrange points! Talk about cool...

Old 01-27-2010, 08:08 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,689 times
anybody who responded to my skydiver example, i have no response. i was quoting from a book

Old 01-27-2010, 09:15 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,456,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneJackson View Post
I love how God in his infinite wisdom made it so, although was are "open" to the elements of space(no protection from space) , our feet stay stuck to the ground with such centrifugal force that we can live, work and play without floating out into the dark abyss of space. GOD is good!

Teach me more God. I'm here to learn from You!!
No such a thing as being held on earth by "centrifugal force". The earth does not spin. God says so!
-and gravity is called a force, but It is a theory and doesn't exist as it is claimed to.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:22 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneJackson View Post
Then you do belive in him? I knew you was a christian!
Right, cause only [smug] Christians believe in God.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:03 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
anybody who responded to my skydiver example, i have no response. i was quoting from a book
What you quoted is sort of right, except for "Only when the ground gets in the way does she feel any force, and even then, its not gravity but the force of whatever stopped her." The force of whatever stopped her?That seems like kind of a strange description. If she was freefalling, it would either be the ground that abruptly stops her momentum in a not so pleasant way, or the opened parachute collecting air and creating drag to slow her descent for a safe touchdown.

I agree that you can't directly feel gravity, but you can certainly feel the effects of it as anyone who has been to space or the Moon can tell.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "...confusing claims such as gravity itself produces gravity..."

Old 01-27-2010, 10:08 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,689 times
^in regards to einstein's general theory of relativity, which apparently states that all forms of energy produce gravity, including gravity.
thus explaining my confusion haha.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:03 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
The earth does not spin. God says so!
Did I read that correctly??

Old 01-28-2010, 05:40 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
No such a thing as being held on earth by "centrifugal force". The earth does not spin. God says so!
-and gravity is called a force, but It is a theory and doesn't exist as it is claimed to.

Uhm....I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for this person....please tell us you are joking YSM!

Old 01-28-2010, 06:16 AM

598 posts, read 917,329 times
If God created gravity that kept us from troubles up until now, he did not create enough protection for us from doomsday impacts from space objects. The earth has been hit by several those. Bedout crater suggests a large impact about 200 millions years ago (does not conform biblical accounts) that killed all lives on earth.

Are there any chosen ones in the universe who are exempt from doomsday? It does not seem to be logical there is one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality