Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2009, 04:50 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,836,452 times

Advertisements

Essential features of the apostle of God

These are generally speaking, and there are some exceptions and moderation.

First of all he is an ordinary man like other people: eats, drinks, makes sexual intercourse with his wife, relieves the nature, becomes ill and then is cured, and works to obtain his livelihood; just like all other people.

He should be kind-hearted and merciful especially to the weak, orphans and widows → so God chooses him for the apostle-hood.

He inclines to forgive and pardon the one that offends and transgresses on him, and is not rancorous → so that he will intercede for them on Judgment Day.

He forbears patiently the difficulties and hard situations.

He is intelligent and wise.

Intact physically and mentally, but may have some minor defects like the difficulty of speaking → the proud will be proud over him, and the modest believer will follow him.

Almost he is orphan and poor; e.g. Moses and Mohammed; and Jesus was created without father.

Almost he is mature about 40 years when he is sent.

Is made and grown according to God's will and decree and God takes care about him and guards him: to carry out the mission.

He is one of his people: loves his people and is zealous to them and likes to benefit them.

He is known among his people with his good reputation, righteousness and truthfulness.

He is patriot.

Speaks the same language of his people and knows their social difficulties and requirements.

He is sad for the problems of his people and sincerely desires to reform them.

This is in the Quran 9: 128
لَقَدْ جَاءكُمْ رَسُولٌ مِّنْ أَنفُسِكُمْ عَزِيزٌ عَلَيْهِ مَا عَنِتُّمْ حَرِيصٌ عَلَيْكُم بِالْمُؤْمِنِينَ رَؤُوفٌ رَّحِيمٌ ..الخ

The explanation:
(Now there has come to you [O Arab] an [Arabian] apostle [: Mohammed]: being one of you [: who speaks your language and is one of your senators or chiefs];
your suffering is so difficult to him;
anxious is he over you[r belief];
and to believers he is compassionate [and] merciful.

So if they turn away [from you, Mohammed, and believe not], say: "God suffices me; there is [in the universe] no god but He; in Him I have put my trust [to preach the religion]; He is the Lord of the Great Throne.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

His mission is essentially to invite people to devote themselves to God alone, and not to any other purpose.

His mission is to give the glad tidings of Paradise for the monotheist, and to warn of Hell fire for the idolater and those associating other beings or things with God.

باللغة العربية
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 08:47 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
Of all the things you listed as essential qualities, the one I'm most curious about is age. Why should an apostle of God be about 40?

Old 11-08-2009, 11:02 AM

The apostle is a human being like other people

This is in the Quran 18: 110
قُلْ إِنَّمَا أَنَا بَشَرٌ مِّثْلُكُمْ يُوحَى إِلَيَّ أَنَّمَا إِلَهُكُمْ إِلَهٌ وَاحِدٌ فَمَن كَانَ يَرْجُو لِقَاء رَبِّهِ فَلْيَعْمَلْ عَمَلًا صَالِحًا وَلَا يُشْرِكْ بِعِبَادَةِ رَبِّهِ أَحَدًا

The explanation:
(Say [to them, O Mohammed]:

"I am only a human being like yourselves; [but] I am inspired that your God is only One God.

Then let him who hopes to meet his Lord work righteous works, and associate none in worshipping his Lord.)
باللغة العربية

Old 11-08-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Of all the things you listed as essential qualities, the one I'm most curious about is age. Why should an apostle of God be about 40?

The age of 40 is the middle age and maturity, when man is still strong, and yet has acquired much experience in life affairs.

That is because man passes through different situations in his life, until his wisdom is complete and his experience is fair enough at this age of 40.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:00 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,251,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
The age of 40 is the middle age and maturity, when man is still strong, and yet has acquired much experience in life affairs.

That is because man passes through different situations in his life, until his wisdom is complete and his experience is fair enough at this age of 40.

And We have enjoined on man to be dutiful and kind to his parents. His mother bears him with hardship. And she brings him forth with hardship, and the bearing of him, and the weaning of him is thirty months, till when he attains full strength and reaches forty years, he says: "My Lord! Grant me the power and ability that I may be grateful for Your Favour which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and that I may do righteous good deeds, such as please You, and make my offspring good. Truly, I have turned to You in repentance, and truly, I am one of the Muslims (submitting to Your Will)."

Old 11-09-2009, 07:07 PM

The apostle is not rancorous

The apostle of God inclines to forgive and pardon the one that offends and transgresses on him, and is not rancorous; i.e. God chooses His apostle as a righteous man who is not rancorous → so that he will intercede for them on Judgment Day; while if he is rancorous, he will not forgive them their offense against him, and then will not intercede for their behalf on Judgment Day.

This is in the Quran 3: 161
وَمَا كَانَ لِنَبِيٍّ أَن يَغُلَّ وَمَن يَغْلُلْ يَأْتِ بِمَا غَلَّ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ ثُمَّ تُوَفَّى كُلُّ نَفْسٍ مَّا كَسَبَتْ وَهُمْ لاَ يُظْلَمُونَ

The explanation:
(It is not for any prophet to bear rancor [against his folk.] Whoso bears rancor will bring his rancor with him on the Day of Judgment [and so will not intercede for them,]

then every soul will be paid in full [the recompense of] what [good and evil] it has earned [in the life of the World];
and they will not be wronged [concerning their rights in what they deserve.])

باللغة العربية

Old 11-10-2009, 10:43 AM

The apostle is usually orphan

The apostle is usually an orphan; e.g. Moses and Aaron were orphans, as was Mohammed and many other prophets; Jesus was created without father.

The purpose: he will be self-dependant, and his heart will be broken, and will feel kindness: his heart will be merciful and compassionate to orphans, the needy, the weak and the poor.

This is in the Quran 93: 6-11
أَلَمْ يَجِدْكَ يَتِيمًا فَآوَى . وَوَجَدَكَ ضَالًّا فَهَدَى . وَوَجَدَكَ عَائِلًا فَأَغْنَى . فَأَمَّا الْيَتِيمَ فَلَا تَقْهَرْ . وَأَمَّا السَّائِلَ فَلَا تَنْهَرْ . وَأَمَّا بِنِعْمَةِ رَبِّكَ فَحَدِّثْ

The explanation:
(Did He not find you an orphan, and give you shelter [to your grandfather then to your uncle]?
Did He not find you erring [from the true religion], and guide you [by inspiration and revelation]?
Did He not find you destitute with a family, and enrich you [by trading and by the wealth of your wife Khadieja]?

Therefore, as for the orphan: oppress him not.
As for the beggar: scold him not.
And as for your Lord's favor [on you: your message]: 'rehearse and proclaim' it [to people.])
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another point seen in these ayat is that the apostle was misguided or was erring at the start before his sending to people, then God chose him and selected him to convey the message: that God is one and there is the afterlife and the Judgment.

باللغة العربية

Old 11-10-2009, 10:48 AM

65 posts, read 93,148 times
Jesus is not an apostle of God.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNutt View Post
Jesus is not an apostle of God.

What is he then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality