Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 08:52 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Cantheism, also Kantheism, is a modern term for religions based on the inherent goodness of the cannabis plant. Adherents are known as cantheists or cannabists. Cantheism neither endorses nor discriminates against any other church, faith, or system of belief.
Chris Conrad's treatise on the topic provides evidence for how "many of the world's great religions have used cannabis sacramentally and ceremonially."
Cantheism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Observance of Cantheist rites are beneficial but not mandatory. These include the regular consumption of cannabis, offering thanksgiving and blessing for cannabis when you partake, and sharing the holy smoke among the faithful. Other rituals, such as bonfire jumping during the summer solstice, are practiced among different communities.

The extent of one's participation is a measure of the depth of one's devotion.

* Practice cannabism, the regular consumption of cannabis.
* Make oblation with the hempseed, and sow it everywhere.
* Offer thanksgiving and blessing for cannabis when you partake.
* Share the holy smoke among the faithful.
* Use a hempen prayer cloth to inhale through when sharing the holy smoke among the community.
* First passage of cannabis at age 16: Parents may choose to offer cannabis, child may pass on this opportunity.
* Age of personal consent at 18: Adult steps forward and accepts Cantheism and shares in the sacrament.
* Summer solstice: Bonfire jumping.
* Undertake cannabinges, periods of intense consumption of cannabis.
* Freedom pilgrimage: Take the sacrament in a land that it is free from oppression at least once in your life, and remember the years of persecution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 09:55 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,993 times
I live in the Emerald Triangle in N. California. Pot is everywhere.
Surely some of my neighbors must be Cantheists!

Old 05-09-2010, 01:21 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
I live in BC....Surely you have heard of BC bud... I had no idea that it was a religious experience though.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:54 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Does this mean they're going to build churches and demand tax exemptions?

Old 05-09-2010, 06:56 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post

Observance of Cantheist rites are beneficial but not mandatory. These include the regular consumption of cannabis, offering thanksgiving and blessing for cannabis when you partake, and sharing the holy smoke among the faithful. Other rituals, such as bonfire jumping during the summer solstice, are practiced among different communities.

* Use a hempen prayer cloth to inhale through when sharing the holy smoke among the community.
* First passage of cannabis at age 16: Parents may choose to offer cannabis, child may pass on this opportunity.
* Age of personal consent at 18: Adult steps forward and accepts Cantheism and shares in the sacrament.
* Freedom pilgrimage: Take the sacrament in a land that it is free from oppression at least once in your life, and remember the years of persecution.

Ahhhh.. back to the late 60s and early 70s again, the peak of Cantheism....

Old 05-09-2010, 08:38 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post

You could say...I am in a sort of odd way....an activist for the use of Marijuana in a certain way...as All Plants are given by God to humankind to use in life...taking care of the Garden.

It goes along the lines of Biblical (holy Bible) Rasta belief systems, But this idea was before that knowledge...

As a young Child of Five...I sowed some seeds outside my backyard for the Birds that were being found that were sickly.
My brother had a pet Finch, and had some high quality Bird seeds...So I thought why not plant these seeds, and the good high quality food would help those sick Birds...

And then I saw the shadow man enter my house late one night...Like a thief in the night...and I sounded the alarm...this happened three times....and on the third try...the shadowman shushed me, I became paralized, and then was put to a deep sleep.

So before I was indoctranated into the Idolic System of Money(engraven Idol)...being of sound Mind, and sinless soul...I sowed these seeds...and Hemp marijuana was in the mix.

Doing this sinlessly and selflessly, caused sonething supernatural to commence in my life.

(The pure of heart shall see God)

Is this what God wants?..."To tend and keep the Garden"...and in a odd way...Restore what was taken in disobediance, sinlessly!
That would surely reverse the curse of death Adam and Eve brought onto humankind....
In my understanding now...But after sowing those seeds, my life turned into a lesson of spiritual growth in one way, and a constant Evil attack in another.

Oh yes the demonica soon came into our house to defile the children...
Not knowing the Scriptures and not having the complete armour of God, as children, we were subjected to some very odd and evil spirits.
My father was week, and induldged in all kinds of gambling, and sexual stimulious...which perverted his mind...and openned the door, to worse things to enter his head...
One being incest , done by my father, onto my older sisters.
Which didn't get very far...cause he was caught...and then devorce came...This event has caused great mental issues with them...
But after that...My Mother found a boy friend...Greek, and semi professional self employed solution, to her destitution and poverty with six children.
The only thing was, he was a pedophile...and he tried to molest me one day...
I told my mother what he did...but she did not believe me over his lies.
And she was saying she would marry him, against my word.
Soon I was being told to do things for him, by my mother...and that I had to keep the peace...and do as she said...do it for me she would say....
But again one day...he got drunk...and we were doing a job of painting on one of his investments out of town, in a camper.
He again tried to rape me....But I got away again, by running out of the camper end...and into the front of the campers driving compartment, with the keys, and locked the doors...so he could not get to me.
He tried in a naked state of shame, pleading with me to come to his bed....But that was the end of that..

I, the next day left by bus..back to my home town...and told my mother what happened...She did not believe me again!
And she married him.

So I ran away from home, again at an early age....and that is where I met the Rasta man!
He taught me about Marijuana and God...And that a evil spirit doesnt want mankind to find the secret about this plant, and a healthy existance we should all have....in order to totally destroy the Earth and all life God made Good...removing and twisting things up..that God said were Good...to make the opposite estate to arise...ANti eden

I told the Rasta man, that when I was a child I sowed those seeds into the backyard of my dwelling, FOR THE bIRDS... and then all kinds of bad things started to happen...
He said it is not bad that you have done this ACT 3:21...it is Good.
Because it had to come to pass he said...someone must restore in order for God to come down, or Christ to come up!
Rev 17:17 becaomes a fulfilled state...
He then Gave Me a Bible...and told me to study it, and try to do what it says...keeping the commandments always!
Jesus will help you, to know the truth of all things...he said.

And this is now my quest...what is Truth...and why are people abusing this powerhouse plant...and oppressing people who grow it?
Marijuana belongs in the Eco Systems first and foremost, to Join the sun to the earth...it then filters the energy to the planets matrix into the roots...through the soils and mycelliums...transpirers the waters into the air, to make rain, More like a filtering entity.....and brings seeds (food) for the hungry...and to spread itself over the Earth.
This plant has to be sown yearly sinlessly..to make the ground holy!
Yes intent, action, and will...these things are very important for they help make up the spirit of truth.

if we sow this plant, to make our own selfish gains in wealth and idolic possesions...we sow the plant in error...in Disobediance of God's word and wil...
But if we sow the plant for the betterment of the whole world and all life...as God intended...Then we do a service for God!

Ofcourse $atan does not want this to happen...he wants us all fighting, and waring, and hating...and he will twist things to make you believe some things God Gives everyone, now have to be bought and sold...when God shares...as his children we should share...
But again satan will not let that be...because once we start sharing and giving...for free...we no longer support them who are Evil...and who make Evil a constant so we never fulfill the WORD OR WILL OF GOD.

Now what is that word and will?
First God says in Genesis to tend and keep the Garden/
If we look at the human world view of this world with its bad policy on pollution and warfare...we find that there is a third entity in the background noone points at that is at the root of all evils...it is engraven, and it is employed over us, in these systems...that are now a detramental force that is destroying the Eco systems of the world...for false Profits and gains..in more death and destruction!

Do we see the opposite direction this world is on?
selling you sickness and suffering and eventually your own death, by polluting the enviroments at your cost, and selling you the band aid for it in another cost......and even that cost is causing all kinds of sins and evils to be...that you also have to pay a higher cost to solve for...

Is that what God wanted for us?

So sowing seeds sinlessly..according to God...brings forth prosparity when done correctly...Prosparity has nothing to do with wealth...it has to do with supplying the necessities of life in abundance to those who do his will and follow his words and laws...

If we break those things mindlessly...then woe and wrath come about from the negitive energy created by sin and Evil...

So to say ...cause and effect is in play here!

That is my belief...and I believe God made certain things for certain reasons...Marijuana is a vital part of the Eco systems of the world....removing or omitting, or abusing, these entities only allows more Sin and Evil to prevail over us.

it is not the plant that is bad...it is the people who are misusing it that are.
Use it to make holy ground.
Use it to make clean waters, fresh air , and sound soils...compost and mycelliums in the soils...
Use it to restore EDEN and multiply that over the Earth...
Make Peace with Nature...
Tend and Keep the Earth healthy ...Is this not wisdom?...is it not Logics?...is it not Truth?

And if we follow that...would the other life turn and help us?

See the Kingdom of God is or will be here, IF we comply with all life and make EDENS as the multiple of EDEN.

If we stay the course we are now on....Nature which is a kingdom of God's..will rise against our bent idolic and instrial self destructing and polluting Kingdom.....opps it is already starting to show signs!

That is my Belief....and it is so...cause it happened...and it is true...because You have the proof with the words Global warming, and climate change in the news...while they continue to pollute knowingly!

Last edited by Sir Les; 05-09-2010 at 08:50 AM..

Old 05-09-2010, 10:25 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
The main problem, of course, is that the "modern definition" is only modern in terms of chronology. Chris Conrad wrote his "treatise" in 1997. That would qualify as modern. Is it a widespread, or even popular belief? That's something else again.

Cantheism is just about as legitimate as "Restless Leg Syndrome."

Old 05-09-2010, 10:58 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times
Well, I never made a religion out of it, but I was a teenager in the 70s and played in a working hard rock band in the early 80s...do the math.

(Haven't touched the stuff in 26 years though)

Old 05-10-2010, 12:35 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Lightbulb Are there any Cantheists here?

Sounds like an offshoot of Frizbeetarianism.

Urban Dictionary: Frisbeetarian

Old 05-10-2010, 01:04 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,521,494 times
Hemp history

how can anyone go against "mind-alteration" with so little understanding of mind at work, as it should?

Why is Marijuana Illegal? - Drug WarRant

The Sociology Of Cannabis And World History

come kill me for saying it out loud: in which ways have minds been altered down the generations?

and for the record: i wish i had legal access to its touch!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality