Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2013, 05:18 PM

1,092 posts, read 3,436,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
LOL! And she was referring to you, no doubt.

However, please never stop posting. The entertainment value is fantastic.
Perhaps your wife could post directions on how to change lightbulbs in a high ceiling for the OP? Does she use a ladder? Does she use a telescoping light bulb changing tool? Etc.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:32 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlove71 View Post
Perhaps your wife could post directions on how to change lightbulbs in a high ceiling for the OP? Does she use a ladder? Does she use a telescoping light bulb changing tool? Etc.

I think you hit the wrong quote. At least I'll assume you're referring to Mrs. NBP and her changing light bulbs in our house (not a rental, full disclosure).

I change them 90+% of the time. If she can't con one of the kids to do it she will. Little Giant ladder.

The downstairs ceilings are 12 feet, the upstairs ones are 13. Old house, I don't have a clue why.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:00 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,865,329 times
I had 12 foot ceilings at my last house (rental) and have 12 foot ceilings at my current house (owned).

I used to stand on the kitchen table to take care of the ceiling lights at the property I rented (or DH would do it, when he wasn't deployed). This time around, I own a ladder and it makes life so much easier

At my rental though, it wouldn't have even occurred to me to call my landlord about changing the lightbulbs or asking him to bring a ladder over?

Old 06-15-2013, 06:28 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
I had 12 foot ceilings at my last house (rental) and have 12 foot ceilings at my current house (owned).

I used to stand on the kitchen table to take care of the ceiling lights at the property I rented (or DH would do it, when he wasn't deployed). This time around, I own a ladder and it makes life so much easier

At my rental though, it wouldn't have even occurred to me to call my landlord about changing the lightbulbs or asking him to bring a ladder over?

At my last place Maintenance would bring a ladder over for changing lightbulbs or putting up shades since the windows and ceilings were high. I guess I will ask someone who lives here is it also the case when changing a light bulb

Old 06-15-2013, 06:53 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times
I have an extension pole with a suction at the end and a free hanging string. I wet the suction, it makes a tight seal for turning the bulb out or in. The string release the suction. They are cheap; bought mine at Crate & Barrell. Much safer than teetering on a ladder. They sell various pole devices:

Bayco 11 ft. Pole Light Bulb Changer Kit with Attachments-CE-600SDLB12 at The Home Depot

Bayco 7-Piece Light Bulb Changing Kit - Walmart.com

Old 06-16-2013, 06:19 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,744,337 times
When I rented, it never would have occurred to me to ask the landlord or mantenance to change my lightbulbs or bring over their ladder so I could do so. They've got better things to be doing, plus, I imagine there could be liability issues if I hurt myself on their ladder.

Even renters should have a stepladder, telescoping pole, and basic set of tools.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
When I rented, it never would have occurred to me to ask the landlord or mantenance to change my lightbulbs or bring over their ladder so I could do so. They've got better things to be doing, plus, I imagine there could be liability issues if I hurt myself on their ladder.

Even renters should have a stepladder, telescoping pole, and basic set of tools.

Well one of the tenants I met today told me that maintenance changes the lightbulbs

So that's end of the lightulb discussion

Old 06-16-2013, 06:23 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Well one of the tenants I met today told me that maintenance changes the lightbulbs

So that's end of the lightulb discussion
So, when you need one changed and they don't do it in a couple days will you start a thread about it?

Old 06-16-2013, 07:59 PM

584 posts, read 1,935,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
So, when you need one changed and they don't do it in a couple days will you start a thread about it?
like a baby

Old 06-16-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post

Based on how fast they handled the oven situation i don't think I need to worry about that, Kaboom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting