Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 08:16 AM

19,441 posts, read 27,844,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
3% would have been a steal for proper management they normally charge 7%+ in monthly fees and one months rent for tenant placement. I don't work for anyone and my wife and I haven't held a job in years but nice try. You aren't able to do it yourself which is why you hired a lawyer, and continue to ask silly questions here. I don't know why you got so defensive to my first post. Instead of taking the concern originally offered and doing a minimal amount of research into the matter you made more silly comments. I'm betting when that lease is up you are going to come ask more stupid questions about it though.
How much you wanna bet he changes his screen name before he comes back with the post lease FUBAR that is likely to occur?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 10:26 AM

2,914 posts, read 2,689,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
You've already proven over and over that you cannot do this by yourself. Swallow your arrogance and hire a property manager who already knows the answers to all of your questions and will walk you thru the process.

There is no rebate..there is 'cash for keys'...but no rebate. If you want to rent your home for one year, and one year only, make sure you make that point clear when marketing your home. Don't be a jerk and just issue a non renewal notice.

You're supposedly renting a high end unit...act like a high end landlord.
You make it sound like I've made some catastrophic blunder. I was just asking a simple question. No biggie. Why would I pay 3% to do something that I can do myself???? It's ALREADY in the language of the contract that it's a one-year lease. Relax. Don't be a troll.
Quote:
How much you wanna bet he changes his screen name before he comes back with the post lease FUBAR that is likely to occur?
I'll take that bet! It's ALREADY in the language of the contract that it's a one-year lease. And you thought that I had made some catastrophic blunder with the contract.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:35 AM

3,461 posts, read 4,705,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
You make it sound like I've made some catastrophic blunder. I was just asking a simple question. No biggie. Why would I pay 3% to do something that I can do myself???? It's ALREADY in the language of the contract that it's a one-year lease. Relax. Don't be a troll.

I'll take that bet! It's ALREADY in the language of the contract that it's a one-year lease. And you thought that I had made some catastrophic blunder with the contract.

Then what is the question and why?

Old 03-09-2016, 10:45 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,439,565 times
Quote:

So what is your question? You simply give notice to vacate the premises at the end of the lease. If you wanted it sooner than the end of the lease, then you might have to come to the tenant with a cash offer to move early....

Old 03-09-2016, 03:31 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times
Quote:

3% is a steal and you can't afford not to pay a PM that 3%!

I suggest you look up the definition of 'troll'.

Yes, most leases are worded as a one year lease, but not many people want to move every year. Just be half way decent and let them know, up front, that you aren't renewing the lease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting