Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 12:41 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle woods View Post
No theres not. He was just a jerk.
So he was married after all. Shocker.

As for your motel situation, I would get started looking for homeless shelters that allow dogs. I'm worried about him.

Even if you get hired tomorrow you won't see a paycheck for at least 3-4 weeks. I hope you have some kind of plan till then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 01:50 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,756,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

As for your motel situation, I would get started looking for homeless shelters that allow dogs. I'm worried about him.

Even if you get hired tomorrow you won't see a paycheck for at least 3-4 weeks. I hope you have some kind of plan till then.
There might be a rescue that will help with temporary boarding for your dog until you land on your feet. If the rescue has an outreach program, they may be able to give you dog food and/or help with his medical care (in the event your dog needs it which hopefully he won't). It's summer and reputable rescues are full so it's best to start researching now just in case you need some help with him. It's better to have the information and not need it, than to need it in an emergency and not have it.

With a pet, it's going to be much harder to find a place. Hope you find something soon and your job at Walmart works out.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:49 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,877,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

I doubt there are any homeless shelters in small cities in NC that will take her poor dog.

We don't know why the OP has classed Former FWB as a "jerk"; maybe all he did was refuse to pay her rent or refuse to let her move into his place.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:05 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1957 View Post
I doubt there are any homeless shelters in small cities in NC that will take her poor dog.

We don't know why the OP has classed Former FWB as a "jerk"; maybe all he did was refuse to pay her rent or refuse to let her move into his place.
They weren't in a relationship so it's not like he could cheat on her.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:56 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Bottom line (as stated by others) - you did NOT pay rent, you paid for a motel room - once you stop paying for the room - you are outta there.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:06 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,136,373 times
Quote:

No i think it turns out he was a jerk the whole time. Shame on him for having me do things that made me uncomfortable. It was other stuff to but it's over now. Oh well, he wasn't my boyfriend anyway.

No Walmart didn't call but hopefully tomorrow. Hopefully something good will happen, I'm just keeping positive.

Old 07-24-2018, 05:51 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,877,462 times
Quote:
No i think it turns out he was a jerk the whole time. Shame on him for having me do things that made me uncomfortable. It was other stuff to but it's over now. Oh well, he wasn't my boyfriend anyway.

No Walmart didn't call but hopefully tomorrow. Hopefully something good will happen, I'm just keeping positive.
I can infer from this and another post I saw of yours in a thread re: fetishes that he pushed you to do stuff further along that line. Yes that does make him disgusting and I'm sorry you went along with it; these freaks often target vulnerable, desperate gals for the very reason that you tend to be more compliant and go along with their gross proclivities.

This is sort of what we, (older, wiser, more sophisticated and experienced) who told you repeatedly that he sounded really sketch and the trip to Paris sounded very unrealistic, were thinking when we "shot down" your dream. You seem so very unsophisticated you are a sitting duck for these types of men.

Please listen to your elders next time a guy makes wild promises, willya?

Old 07-24-2018, 06:03 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,136,373 times
Quote:
I can infer from this and another post I saw of yours in a thread re: fetishes that he pushed you to do stuff further along that line. Yes that does make him disgusting and I'm sorry you went along with it; these freaks often target vulnerable, desperate gals for the very reason that you tend to be more compliant and go along with their gross proclivities.

This is sort of what we, (older, wiser, more sophisticated and experienced) who told you repeatedly that he sounded really sketch and the trip to Paris sounded very unrealistic, were thinking when we "shot down" your dream. You seem so very unsophisticated you are a sitting duck for these types of men.

Please listen to your elders next time a guy makes wild promises, willya?
for now I'm just over dating. I even thought about getting rid of tindr and deleting my profiles again. I just keep meeting guys that make promises they don't keep and that arent truthful. I like dating but I'm also just tired of games. :/

i like this new place I am living at because its nicer then the last motel I was at. But i am only paid up until the end of the month. I'm hoping a job will come though. walmart would work but the lady in hr is taking forever to get back to me. I don't wanna bug her but i need a job. every time i call she says shes going to call me back that day and never does. It's really annoying

Old 07-24-2018, 06:27 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
What you need to be doing today is hitting the streets. I know you don't have a car so you will need to walk, ride a bike or take a bus to EVERY single small store, every single business and every single restaurant you can find and ask about jobs. Maybe you're doing that; maybe not. Right now your job is not waiting for a call from Walmart but finding a job.

After that get online and start searching for shelters and for places you can get a free meal. I'm sorry, but you may have to give up the dog. It's not realistic in your position to have a pet.

While you're online continue your job search. Look at the ads in local papers, Craigslist, and even Facebook Marketplace sometimes has jobs. Even if it's for a week or two, it's money which you desperately need.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:57 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
But i am only paid up until the end of the month. I'm hoping a job will come though. walmart would work but the lady in hr is taking forever to get back to me. I don't wanna bug her but i need a job.

Don't rely on the Walmart job. Go to every other possible place you can work and apply there asap. If Walmart comes through at some point then you can work there. But you want to take another job first if necessary. Possibly you end up with 2 jobs at some point. But don't focus 100% on Walmart because they can delay a long time or possibly they might never hire you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting