Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 01:49 PM

5 posts, read 2,411 times

Advertisements

Where I live is a mix of different races. The thing is everything was going fine, until I didn't get along with a carribean black women. I'm also a women. The worst part is she had her friends harassed me as I walk in the building.
To my surprise most of the people harassing me are her white friends and they are all at least 20 years older than me including her.
They should be setting the example as the older person, but they act worse then young people. I had never spoke to her friends, but this shows that her friends are just as bad as her or worse.
Almost every week as I walk near and enter the building her friends point me out and starts talking, even call me horrible names sometimes. It's obvious because they are quite until they see me or raise the volume of their voice.
I call it sneaky she was always being nice to my face, but talk trash behind my back.
I usually ignore it, can I record them on my cell phone as evidence?

Last edited by nyweather; 11-29-2018 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: typing error

Old 11-29-2018, 01:58 PM

317 posts, read 224,910 times
Why don't you get along with her?

Old 11-29-2018, 01:59 PM

21,952 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Why would you assume it has anything to do with race? Not sure I am buying this one.

Old 11-29-2018, 02:35 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,840,356 times
If you believe they are committing a crime, call the police.

Old 11-29-2018, 03:07 PM

To Miso Blu she got offended by something I said to her, but it doesn't matter why we don't get along, she's not supposed harass me and have her friends ganged up on me.
She should act like a grown lady and tell it to my face.

To Grlzrl It is racial because the white people that live there only pick on minorities that other people bully. They are vultures that only pick on the vulnerable nice people.

If not the white people would be scared because they stereotype the minorities as being tougher than them, which is true in many cases, but obviously not my case, or they wont be messing with me.

I had reported it to the building management, but she saids to ignore them. However this problem is ongoing and sometimes it gets nasty with name calling.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:37 PM

32,663 posts, read 48,079,532 times
Don't expect your landlord to referee. He is not your mother who is going to make your neighbors be nice to you. You are on your own to figure out a relationship with your neighbors.

If they assault you, or threaten to harm you, call the police.

Nobody is going to do anything about them calling you names.

Old 11-30-2018, 07:37 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,033,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyweather View Post
To Miso Blu she got offended by something I said to her, but it doesn't matter why we don't get along, she's not supposed harass me and have her friends ganged up on me.
She should act like a grown lady and tell it to my face.

To Grlzrl It is racial because the white people that live there only pick on minorities that other people bully. They are vultures that only pick on the vulnerable nice people.

If not the white people would be scared because they stereotype the minorities as being tougher than them, which is true in many cases, but obviously not my case, or they wont be messing with me.

I had reported it to the building management, but she saids to ignore them. However this problem is ongoing and sometimes it gets nasty with name calling.
So you’re saying that you harrsssed her first and can’t believe that she wants nothing to do with you? Maybe if you weren’t rude in the first place this wouldn’t be going on. 🙄

Old 11-30-2018, 08:40 AM

486 posts, read 416,824 times
Unless it escalates to the point where you need to call the police, there isn't much that can be done. Take a different route if you can, ignore them, and don't respond in any way. They will get bored and stop. It's just like a bully in kindergarten.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:45 AM

6,341 posts, read 4,912,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyweather View Post
can I record them on my cell phone as evidence?

If NY is where this is happening (per your user name) the answer is yes.

See:

https://www.rcfp.org/reporters-recor...guide/new-York

Old 12-01-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
So you’re saying that you harrsssed her first and can’t believe that she wants nothing to do with you? Maybe if you weren’t rude in the first place this wouldn’t be going on. 🙄
There's a difference, I did not harassed her, at least everything I said about her was to her face. She's doing everything behind my back and pointed fingers at me to get me acquainted with her friends that I don't want to. Then its her and her friends against me, them against one person! It feels like a gang.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting