Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 09:31 AM

32 posts, read 178,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
YES...! The renter is notified at time of signing. the home is inspected after the first 30 days, and every 90 days thereafter.
The renter is given ample notice and it is done to their convenience. We aren't concerned if the bed is made or the dishes are done, we want to make sure there is no property damage. We also want to make sure the lawned is maintained and watered. We provide the gardener, so renter only has to water.
If they establish a good track record, the frequency can be extened somewhat, but don't get careless.
If you don't keep up with the condition, they could do a lot of damage in a short time. We also jump on any problem or complain they might have, and see that repairs are done promply. We go out of our way to make sure they are happy and content, and expect the same from them.
Exactly what I do. I am only concerned that my property is kept in shape. Being messy is of no concern. If inspections are not done, things can get out of hand in a real big hurry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 08:46 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,740,872 times
I think the "inspection every 90 days" thing could go either way. As a renter, there were times I would have LOVED to actually see the landlord that often and show them what needed to be repaired!

I don't think that is unreasonable, but I think it also depends on the quality of the house. In my area, many rental homes are in very bad condition (due to the owners, not renters), I think because owners don't want to invest money into things that may be ruined. I think a lot of people would rather have a nicer home and deal with the inspections a few times a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting