Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 04:41 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,783,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongbearr View Post
Uh you are right. I'm not a property manager. Well, It's all my fault. My mom is disabled and unable to move and of course it's my fault for even helping her. I should have just let her take care of it in a wheel chair. Oh yeah, also, my IQ is 34 because I have a good heart and I did not run a comprehensive background check on the tenant. Furthermore, why didn't I think of hiring a property manager who would probably charge me more than half of the rent? Well, thank you so much for your great advise! Next time, please remind me not to rent to anyone who talks like you.
You are right it is all your fault for helping her when you did not know what you were doing all you did was to just make it worse. Let me ask is it better now with a tenant or without one. Having a good hart is no excuse for doing something that you are not qualified to do. Go get help this person is a pro and you will need help getting him out the longer you wait the more it will cost.

The next person that you rents from you, worry about if they can pay the rent and not how they talk you and you will be much better in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 05:04 PM

10 posts, read 34,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
You are right it is all your fault for helping her when you did not know what you were doing all you did was to just make it worse. Let me ask is it better now with a tenant or without one. Having a good hart is no excuse for doing something that you are not qualified to do. Go get help this person is a pro and you will need help getting him out the longer you wait the more it will cost.

The next person that you rents from you, worry about if they can pay the rent and not how they talk you and you will be much better in the long run.
Wow, thanks for your help! You are a real trooper for spelling out the obvious. I thought people on this forum are supposed to help each other?

From the way you are talking, I can see you are not that smart. By repeating what everyone knows, you've just shown me that you really don't have anything more intelligent to say.

If you want to help, help. If not, shove it. I hope next time you ask for help from others, they point their fingers at you and tell you that you are stupid for needing help in the first place.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:14 PM

What part of get a property manager to help you did you not understand?

For not being that smart maybe that’s why I am a successful landlord because you would have to be brain dead not to be able to do that.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post

Get yourself some back up a friend someone who will help you, tell him
he's got an hour to pack his stuff and get out, if he doesn't call the police,
lie if you have to and tell them he was disorderly, they'll take him out,
that's when you change the locks.

If you don't do something quickly, its going to cost you more money
when you file in court for an eviction for non-payment. Then he'll
have a court date and you'll have to look at him everyday until a sheriff
comes to put him out. You've got to get as crafty and dishonest now as he has with you.
Thanks Virgode.

Here is my problem: I'm doing what's safe, which is to go through court and UD. It's really not about the money. It's more about principles. As much as I like to stick a broom stick up his ***, I still don't have an clue as to what the law is.

In the eyes of the law, is he considered a tenant since there was a verbal agreement and he was given the key? Since a verbal agreement and a written agreement carries the same weight in court, let me ask a hypothetical question: If someone signed the lease, moved in, but did not pay deposit or rent, he he still considered a LEGAL TENANT or is he considered a trespasser?

If he is considered a legal tenant, then by entering the property, he could actually call the cops and have me removed as a trespasser. Since he had been evicted so many times, I'm assuming he knows the law as well.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
What part of get a property manager to help you did you not understand?

For not being that smart maybe that’s why I am a successful landlord because you would have to be brain dead not to be able to do that.
I feel sympathy towards your tenants. I hope you are not as rude to them as you are on this forum.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
worst tenant I ever had was my own grandkid ..he just killed it for any of the others to come stay for extended time I trusted him unfortunally .. with strangers I was way more careful ( credit/background checks ) GOOD LUCK getting your money and him out anytime soon ...
That's it... if my kid every get married, I'm getting his tubes tied.

Sorry about your grandson! Leave me 5 minutes with him and I'll make sure he come out a different person.

The tenant I'm trying to get rid of has an 8 year old son, and I guess I trusted him because what kind of father would put his son in this kind of situation? Oh well, you live, you learn.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:20 PM

"I still don't have an clue as to what the law is" that says it all get someone to do it for you.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
I feel sympathy towards your tenants. I hope you are not as rude to them as you are on this forum.

Let’s see I read all my posts I told you the truth and that you need to hire someone to do it for you and you say I am not very smart and I am the rude one

Old 07-31-2009, 06:49 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,589,192 times
Quote:
That's it... if my kid every get married, I'm getting his tubes tied.

Sorry about your grandson! Leave me 5 minutes with him and I'll make sure he come out a different person.

The tenant I'm trying to get rid of has an 8 year old son, and I guess I trusted him because what kind of father would put his son in this kind of situation? Oh well, you live, you learn.

Not, a good one thats certain, so, it wouldn't be the best idea to create
a scene with the police, bc of the boy. Still not a reason for the father
to be a scammer. Poor kid.
Eviction is your only option.

* read landlord tenants code book for your state, see how soon you can file an eviction
I'd also make some anon calls about the boy, to the right ppl, no kid should have
live that way. Let them know whats going on.

Last edited by virgode; 07-31-2009 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: pghing/ added info

Old 07-31-2009, 07:33 PM

Thanks Virgodi!

Well, there is a mandatory furlow in California, which means it'll take much longer than normal. Also, the Sheriff's office of my county said that they had to downsize and there are only 2 deputies covering the entire county, and they can only work 4 days a week, which means it could take up to 60 days for the sheriff to evict, and that's after the writ of posession has been issued.

I know the California eviction law pretty well, so I'm going to serving him the 3-day notice tonight, and going to file/serve the UD in 4 days. After which there is a 5 day waiting period for him to respond to the UD and the court date will be set probably in 30-45 days (the court house in my county is pretty busy). So all in total, probably 60-90 days.

Thanks everyone for caring!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting