Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 03:11 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,806,426 times

Advertisements

Yep, my tenant adjourned the case until next week. The judge had us go out and try to sort the case out between ourselves and she said she had told me she would pay in 30 days ; not true!!
So anyhow, she did tell me that not everyone was born with a silver spoon in their mouth!!

Pity she didnt know that I came from a home with a single mum, 4 siblings, very poor and no father to pay child support!!

Will keep you updated on next weeks saga.

d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 06:41 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,769,430 times
This thread is missing a lot of details.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:11 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Yep, my tenant adjourned the case until next week. The judge had us go out and try to sort the case out between ourselves and she said she had told me she would pay in 30 days ; not true!!
So anyhow, she did tell me that not everyone was born with a silver spoon in their mouth!!

Pity she didnt know that I came from a home with a single mum, 4 siblings, very poor and no father to pay child support!!

Will keep you updated on next weeks saga.

d
I have my case against my tenant in aproxx 3 weeks...I sued them and on the last day that the judge gave them they counter sued me for treple sec. deposit....

Florida isn't a treple sue State for tenant-landlord cases...and additional I kept to the law and sent them a certified letter which is specifying the deductions and what they owe me additionally. Since I kept to the law, they can't get treple at all even if Florida had that as part of the law...

My file is so big, that I wonder what the tenant will come up with...they told the judge they have 3 witnesses, that will be interesting to see. i never have seen any one other then them and lying under oath is the only thing they can do. My guess is that a friend will testify that their fridge wasn't there when they wanted to pick it up as he stated in his email, 3 weeks after not contacting me at all after he had moved out and probable forgot he never picked up the fridge and I had called, emailed, etc. him about the fridge....
the funny thing is that I happen to have made a pic. at the time he claimed he was at the property to pick up the fridge and the next morning when I came back I was shocked to see the fridge was still there so I made more pics...as proof, which will be nice to show in court when he will claim the fridge was gone... (my pics are dated, with time)

Old 04-22-2010, 04:35 AM

Good luck in your case. Isnt it amazing how some tenants can make things up.
Let us know how it goes.
d

Old 04-22-2010, 05:24 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
This thread is missing a lot of details.
Details would be in the previous thread she posted about this renter.

A little vent

Old 04-22-2010, 11:42 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Good luck in your case. Isnt it amazing how some tenants can make things up.
Let us know how it goes.
d
I will...every day I'm adding more and more, so it is good I have more time...I know the tenants have more time too, but it is hard for them to proof it looked as the day they moved in, without pics....which I have

The tenant also claims that $ 450.- for cleaning is way to high, and thinks that the advertisements of $ 175.- for a move out, would be what I should have charged them...they forget the property is not an apartment or condo and has 4 bedrooms, 2 full bath, separate toilet, fromal dinning room, separate family room and a living room...big master walk in closet which all are seen as seperate rooms...

Nothing was cleaned since they moved in...or they must make it very dirty every time they clean.......

it is hard to know how to leave a place if the tenant never takes the effort to accept the letter "what to do at move out to receive the full sec. deposit back" which I sent them one months before they moved out....I received it back from USPS after 3 attemps and will take it into court..it is still unopened so the judge can see for him self what I sent them

Last edited by bentlebee; 04-22-2010 at 11:50 AM..

Old 04-22-2010, 01:12 PM

An old tenant of ours said she took photos on the day she moved out ; too bad that her pictures were still on the wall and her son was sitting pretty on the couch. There was no way that was the day she moved out.

More and more paperwork is the way to go.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:47 PM

73 posts, read 284,996 times
It sucks for your tenant that she let it go this far! If she would have just paid her small portion of the rent she would have been fine.

I had to evict a section 8 tenant once and it was terrible! She knew that if she was evicted she'd lose her assistance but she did it anyway. The judge even gave her the option to move out right away and not have the eviction on her record and she didn't take it. Some people just can't be helped!

Good luck and I look forward to hearing the results.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:16 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,769,430 times
What did you guys expect when you rent to trash?

Old 04-22-2010, 08:58 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
What did you guys expect when you rent to trash?
I hope your inference isn't that all Section 8 tenants are "trash"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting