Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2014, 04:23 PM

2 posts, read 4,346 times

Advertisements

Hi i went to my disability hearing ...the judge said my case is complete before he started...at the end the juge said he will try to get finish with my case as soon as possible within two weeks....do this sounds like a win
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2014, 04:43 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanna2324 View Post
Hi i went to my disability hearing ...the judge said my case is complete before he started...at the end the juge said he will try to get finish with my case as soon as possible within two weeks....do this sounds like a win
To me it sounds like could go either way but the final decision will be made quickly.

I'm assuming this is for Social Security disability since you posted it here in the Retirement Forum.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:56 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,681,887 times
Quote:
The people that write the decisions for the administrative law judges usually write the favorable decisions as soon as possible because they're easy to write. So if the judge told you that you would receive a decision within two weeks, that's a good sign.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:11 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,828,609 times
It's starting to look like I may have or slight 'hearing disability' -- perhaps I should also file?

Old 10-30-2014, 10:09 PM

7,042 posts, read 6,291,056 times
Shanna, did you have a lawyer? If so they can tell you. I won mine in August and had a lawyer. I was fairly certain I had but was good to have the lawyer confirm it. It still took a few weeks to start getting information, phone calls & finally a check this month. So it takes awhile but you'll know soon.

Jg, you have to have a doctors statement stating that you are unable to work. I fought for mine for 2 years before I finally hired a lawyer. They do get a percentage set by the courts but I was tired of fighting by myself and decided something was better than nothing. My disability is back related which is so hard to prove but along with my age (61) my chances of ever doing the community support work I'd been doing was pretty nil. I walk with a cane and can only sit in 'regular' chairs for a short time and can only stand for a short time. I think the judge was fairly disgusted that I'd had to go through so much when it was obvious I couldn't walk much less work.

So there are a lot of factors to consider before you file for it.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:30 PM

2 posts, read 4,346 times
Can someone tell me what is a post hearing review

Old 11-07-2014, 05:41 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,124,344 times
Just having a note from your Dr. Saying you cannot work will not mean you will get Ssdi. The ssa has their own set of rules when it comes to getting Ssdi. You have to have up to date medical records and test results showing why you cannot work. Remember the ssa has their own Drs. Your Dr.s note has little weight, it's all about how you meet their 5 step process.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:25 AM

5,328 posts, read 6,015,992 times
Quote:
Can someone tell me what is a post hearing review
The Administrative Law Judge is reviewing the evidence prior to issuing a decision. Was additional evidence submitted during or after your hearing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement