Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 02:27 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
After ignoring their mailings for years I finally looked into it because it was like $9 for both of us for 2 years. I figured why not look into the savings? So far the only thing worth while is the discount on popcorn/soda at Regal theaters. Seeing as that's the theater we always go to, and 3 trips to the counter paid for the subscription, I'm happy I joined.

I remember liking the gift tote bag they sent but I have no idea what I did with it.
hey! I never got my tote bag

Old 01-27-2014, 02:36 PM

983 posts, read 2,543,161 times
I am still at the age I can join, but I remember when my Ex qualified, he was sooo upset and tossed the letter in the trash. I really don't think they add a value as others said. I get the same and better discounts with other services that sometime are free and I don't have to pay extra for.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:09 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
The interesting thing is that the bi-monthly newsletter has a lot of good articles many dealing with topics discussed in this and other forums. Many of the questions asked by posters are answered in the newsletter. In fact the January-Feb issue has a nice article on the three bucket strategy often discussed in the forum on how to manage your portfolio for retirement longevity. Over the last few years they have had multiple articles with good links on spousal benefits etc. The new issue also has a segment on checking your SS employment history. I realize none of these topics have a financial tradeoff to retirees or would be retirees and don't add value to the $16 annual membership fee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement