Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 08:39 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,722,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
N.Cal, so you think your experience in rent raising is universal or almost universal or typical or commonplace, and that your extrapolation from San Francisco rent control applies to the vast majority of the rest of the U.S.?

Your experience and information are very insular and limited.
And we are specifically talking about California and the Bay Area. I believe this thread is about California, not the rest of the US. And FYI - I have lived in 4 different states and 8 different cities, all 4 states very different from each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 08:56 AM

547 posts, read 506,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
California snowflakes call it Cali. Usually, very young, very liberal and without a clue.
Going back to cali 1988
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goin...LL_Cool_J_song)

Old 12-30-2016, 11:55 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
I really believe many do not want to consider or purposely overlook the GI Bill.

It truly helps many not only in housing but career training.

Growing up the entire neighborhood with filled with vets.

Funny thing is the same options are available today
When I purchased my first home I didn't use the GI Bill because at the time in the dark ages (Vietnam era) it was a one-shot deal and I knew I didn't want to stay in that home forever so I was saving that benefit for later. I did use it for our present home because the rules changed and you can use it again if you pay off any mortgage you have first. Sadly, there are many young vets who don't know the many benefits they have.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:08 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
Dad was saving his too... but he did have the option and he like all the Dad's in the neighborhood had served.

We currently hired a new Nurse for the Hospital... she came from a very modest background and through her military service was able to achieve her goal to be a registered Nurse at age 28... it really did work for her and her next goal is to buy in the next 24 months...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement