Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 06:36 AM

2,009 posts, read 1,212,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkliny View Post
I understand your concerns exactly. I watched as my MIL declined and finally died at age 99. She had not even been able to recognize her children for the past several years. She and the world would have been better off if she died in her sleep many years earlier.

I would not worry about the hip and knee replacements. It seems that half the 60 plus people I know have had one or the other or both and did just fine.
Reading this convinces me more to wait till 70 to collect social security for sure....also, as morbid as it sounds humans should be able to choose death at a certain point...whats the point of just existing in our final years??
we humanely put our pets out of their misery..why not humans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 06:45 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FREE866 View Post
Reading this convinces me more to wait till 70 to collect social security for sure....also, as morbid as it sounds humans should be able to choose death at a certain point...whats the point of just existing in our final years??
we humanely put our pets out of their misery..why not humans?
We're just supposed to grin and bear it...G0d's will...zen suffering....living for others, and all that.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:30 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,299,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I was the one who said it, and seriously I HOPE I do not live to 100!!! I am not feeling all that great at 66, with many aches and pains and back and leg problems. I am worried about getting to the point of needing knee and hip replacements, which seems inevitable but I would like to avoid them if possible as my passion is dancing. My Mom lived to 89 and by 86 she had started falling (for no reason) and that was her downfall. Once I start going downhill like that, I want Dr. Kevorkian to step in.
My mother had a hip replacement a few years ago and is moving around better than ever - she may not have been able to dance before the surgery, but she certainly could now if she wanted to! She said that surgery gave her a new lease on life...

Old 09-01-2016, 07:36 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,070,769 times
deleted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement