Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 12:33 PM

61 posts, read 45,635 times

Advertisements

I cannot believe it of myself, after a lifetime of moderation, I have developed a raging addiction. It is somewhat of a source of shame (just kidding) but I cannot bring myself to give it up. This nap addiction just keeps on and on...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 01:54 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,304,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Keep 'em light and brief...just for fun!

Mine is: Saturday is the new Monday. I tend to stay in due to traffic and crowds. I read, cook, do laundry, etc. Weird but true!

Me too! Although I am semi-retired since I do work 12 hours a week I try to never go shopping on Saturday or Sundays. And I spend too much time on CD.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:01 PM

3,925 posts, read 4,128,200 times
UN-EXPECTED?

THE LEVEL to which no one really cares what I think about anything, and the level to which I am considered no longer useful by people who are younger than me.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:37 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,870,096 times
Not having that feeling of "dread" creeping up on me all Sunday evening, as I contemplated what level of fresh hell was going to be waiting for me at work on Monday morning.

Now, I don't have to dread Monday mornings, because they're about the same as Tuesday mornings, Wednesday mornings....... Now my big responsibility is getting the garbage out on trash pick up mornings.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:37 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,568,417 times
Slyfox-I really realized that at my last professional waged job. Knew then it was time to make the exit. It was no longer a work world that I could function in.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:23 AM

155 posts, read 156,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Verizon guy: "You'll like this iPhone because my grandpa likes it and he doesn't get too confused with the features". Oh yeah? Really? Not a successful sales pitch...
LMAO.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:42 AM

14,016 posts, read 20,900,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Keep 'em light and brief...just for fun!

Mine is: Saturday is the new Monday. I tend to stay in due to traffic and crowds. I read, cook, do laundry, etc. Weird but true!
So, where you live, is the traffic on Saturday worse than the rush hour traffic on work days? That would be odd indeed. Of course the traffic on Saturday is more spead out over the entire course of the day. Likewise the crowds at supermarkets and other stores.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:53 AM

155 posts, read 156,356 times
I thought I'd be able to visit folks during the week. Traffic sucks during the week. I had no idea how well I'd planned my work schedule around avoiding that.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:01 AM

12,061 posts, read 10,266,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
Not having that feeling of "dread" creeping up on me all Sunday evening, as I contemplated what level of fresh hell was going to be waiting for me at work on Monday morning.

Now, I don't have to dread Monday mornings, because they're about the same as Tuesday mornings, Wednesday mornings....... Now my big responsibility is getting the garbage out on trash pick up mornings.
It took a couple of years to get over that Sunday night feeling - gotta get the uniform ready and make sure the boots are shiny!

Old 04-25-2017, 09:38 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,983 times
I'm just grateful every Friday morning when I'm having fun roller skating. There was always that anxiety of having to go to work that day and sometimes getting stuck working a pm/night double. That was exhausting. Another pleasant and unexpected surprise for me is how well I've adjusted to boredom. I handle it way better now then I did when I was working. I always felt like a race horse stuck in a stall on days when there was nothing to do. Once I detoxed from being wound so tight and the high stress was over, I learned how to really relax. It's nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement