Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 12:53 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Someone mentioned RLS. I have had it most of my life. Apparently it started when I had Polio in my right leg at age 4. I finally heard about Ropinirole and started taking it about a month ago. I've gone from 25mg to 100 mg during the process and 100 seems about right for me.

I don't just have RLS. My arms also jump as does, on occasion, my entire body. All that has just about come to a halt overnight. During the day my legs still jump some, my arms once in a while. The doctor says not to take it during the day because of sleepiness, but I may try 25mg as a test. I always know when I'm going out so on days when I will I won't take it. That assumes it works for my legs. It also assumes it makes me tired enough to be concerned.

Ropinirole
Magnesium deficiency?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 01:17 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
I use Kat's Naturals. I buy the Relax because anxiety and sleep problems are/were my problem. And yes, it is remarkable. My long term neck pain (arthritis) is just a smidgen of what it was.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:03 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Magnesium deficiency?????
I take (and have for a long time) multi vitamins plus some extras.

But thanks for the thought. I appreciate it.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:21 PM

993 posts, read 766,974 times
OP, I'm in your shoes....sorta.

I fell 4 yrs. ago and suffered a brain injury with unremitting migraines. Most of my time was spent in the dark with an eye mask (light sentivity) and ear plugs (noise sensitivity). I’ve tried everything...seen the premiere neurologist in DC....as well as several other docs. Acupuncture, Botox, massage.....you name it. Neurontin, cymbalta, tramodol, fiorcet, magnesium, vit B, vit D.....I cant remember them all.

Medical marijuana finally became available in Maryland last December. My neurologist told me to try it. It has helped tremendously, along with CBD oil. Now I have a three hour window where I can do things like grocery shop, listen to music, walk, etc. I only ingest microdoses with a vape and don't get high. Make sure your docs know that it’s possible to use without getting high since that seems to be a concern.

I don’t know if it will help, but it’s worth a shot. Also....definitely you’re due for a thorough work up in Denver. You want to make sure nothing is being missed.

I’m sorry for you and others who suffer chronic pain. It’s a journey, that’s for sure. Good luck. ��

Old 03-29-2018, 02:32 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
I feel for you! I have several friends in your boat. As usual, they have over reacted. They needed a stick but they got out the steel baseball bat and are now punishing everyone. I have a friend who was hit by a drunk and she will be in rehab for months. Her biggest, constant complaint is intractable pain. They have the meds she needs but they won't give them to her. They treat every patient like an addict in the making. They act like she intentionally signed up for a broken back and neck just to get pain meds. They should be ashamed!

This mess makes me glad I have my own little stash of pain meds. I can't afford to run to the doctor all the time and they won't prescribe what you need anyway. I am very glad I have these! They saved me after a dentist left me black and blue and suffering. He refused me all medication. But 1 vicodin and a good nights sleep saved me and let me heal enough that the rest of the pain was tolerable. And he treated me like it was CRIMINAL for me to even ask for pain meds!

Old 03-29-2018, 03:38 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
To whoever suggested magnesium... it seems to be the cureall for everything except it's not. I've been taking it since 2005 in various combinations and frankly the only thing it's good for is constipation. As a matter of fact, 2005 is the same year that my EKG became irregular. I'd watch those minerals. They're hardly harmless.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:18 PM

6,300 posts, read 4,197,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
To whoever suggested magnesium... it seems to be the cureall for everything except it's not. I've been taking it since 2005 in various combinations and frankly the only thing it's good for is constipation. As a matter of fact, 2005 is the same year that my EKG became irregular. I'd watch those minerals. They're hardly harmless.

I get leg cramps and muscle spasms if I’m low on magnesium.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:28 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,652,717 times
Have you tried EFT?

Old 03-29-2018, 05:31 PM

6,300 posts, read 4,197,862 times
I don’t think any advice here is going to be helpful unless you find the source of the pain and seek pain management professionals.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:34 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,652,717 times
Try an anti-inflammatory diet (you can scope out the Low Purine diets for ideas) . . .

Drink lemon water.

Get massages (to get the endorphins flowing).

Try acupuncture.

Try turmeric capsules.

Try EFT, etc.

There are so many "alternative" remedies - I find it bizarre that people want to take opiates, given what is known about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement