Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2018, 01:33 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,113,548 times

Advertisements

When did this thread change over from the OP to insurance and dying?
Good grief.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:34 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
Regarding aging women and sex.

It seems everyone, or almost everyone, thinks as a woman ages she no longer cares for sex.
I can tell you there are women of older age who do still enjoy it. The problem is with the men. Now they take a pill and think they are instantly 21 again. Not true. The feeling may be there, but the ability is not what it once was.

My mom has an uncle four years older than she is who is married to a woman the same age. They are 94 and got married at 20 when she became pregnant.

She is in an assisted living now and he visits her each day, but I know it was less than 20 years ago that my mom told me that Aunt Mary mentioned that they still have sex every so often. Of course, when my sister and I heard this from her, we yelled, "NOOOOO, erase that from our minds!"

But even if no one wants to imagine what it looks like, the reality is that it happens. If people are healthy and have the desire and a partner, why shouldn't sex continue into the later years?

Old 07-18-2018, 01:35 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
When did this thread change over from the OP to insurance and dying?
Good grief.
I don't know, but I moved it back to sex. Hehehe.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:02 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
Well, probably what almost all the men who have replied to this question have said: it's rather sad, unattractive & off-putting... that's all. No arguing that it is easy to maintain for the gal, so is shaving only once a week for a guy.
If a guy shaves once a week, he would have a face of stubble. Stubble tends to be abrasive to a woman's inner thighs.

It makes no sense to me how stubble would be seen as attractive by a woman.

I try to avoid shaving. I have not shaved since I retired. I had a full beard then, and I have one now. It gives the ladies something to hang on to.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:04 PM

11,129 posts, read 9,760,240 times
Well obviously old people do have sex, and apparently quite a bit of it since The Villages in FL is known to be a hotbed of STD's. Someone from The Villages posted on C-D about her doctor testing EVERYONE for herpes regardless of marital status or claiming celibacy. So apparently being an old hag (or old f*rt) is really no deterrence to sex.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Regarding aging women and sex.

It seems everyone, or almost everyone, thinks as a woman ages she no longer cares for sex.
I can tell you there are women of older age who do still enjoy it. The problem is with the men. Now they take a pill and think they are instantly 21 again. Not true. The feeling may be there, but the ability is not what it once was.
After my recent prostate cancer and surgery, I have been looking at implants. My wife is happy that my nerve bundle was removed, but if she ever decided that she wanted sex again, my surgeon would gladly give me that ability.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
... But even if no one wants to imagine what it looks like, the reality is that it happens. If people are healthy and have the desire and a partner, why shouldn't sex continue into the later years?
Some conditions like Vulvodynia may cause a great deal of pain when the cervix is being smacked around. Which may result in a woman saying 'no more'.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:14 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
Well, probably what almost all the men who have replied to this question have said: it's rather sad, unattractive & off-putting... that's all. No arguing that it is easy to maintain for the gal, so is shaving only once a week for a guy.
I don't understand this. Some women wear their hair that way their whole lives. I don't know how short, exactly, you're talking, but my mother wore her hair that way her whole life, and my dad loved it, up to his dying day. It's just a style choice.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:24 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,581,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post

but if she ever decided that she wanted sex again, my surgeon would gladly give me that ability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post

Some conditions like Vulvodynia may cause a great deal of pain when the cervix is being smacked around. Which may result in a woman saying 'no more'.
Are you sure part of the 'no to sex' by your wife isn't because of your three-inch ponytail which you want to grow as long as your beard? (however long the beard is which sounds long) just asking..... (which you said in a thread)

Old 07-18-2018, 03:01 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,571,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
same here. And it is so much easier for guys to stay in shape generally. Here in south texas almost everyone is chubby. They even did a story about it in the NYTimes. Its terrible. People will look okay in high school and then explode by the time they are 30.

We are lucky cuz no one in my family of 13 people is overweight. A few pounds here and there but nothing that is drastic.
If you come across that article it would be interesting to read. I wonder why it's that way in S Texas. I've heard that about the south in general. Maybe cuz it's so blazing hot there at least part of the year that people don't feel up to exercising. But gyms would have a/c so idk what the deal is. They were probably more active in school, plus the benefits of youth. And when they got out they didn't realize that they had to work on it.

You guys are blessed to have genes like that. It really helps. At 5'7" I stayed at 115 no matter what I ate, or did, except pregnancy. Then at menopause everything went squirrelly which made my thyroid go south. When one hormone goes wonky it affects the others . But 138 isn't too bad. The beer, and desserts don't help any though .

Yeah, the older guys wanting younger women is annoying since many of those same guys are nothing to write home about. I don't want any old guy just to say I have one. I think I will stay out of the fray, and just watch from a safe distance, lol. Famous last words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement