Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 05:31 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,021,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganGreg View Post
Yees, but Vee have Vays to get back at em...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTX0MvqBqL0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
OMG was that hilarious! "Take that" you obnoxious honker!

It may be funny, but it's not real. That video is taken from an old Ikea commercial. Here's the same video with a few more seconds on the end of it which identifies where it's from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmH_eIhHLX8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 05:45 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
I will retire in rural maine ...where I hear the loons every night - I wont leave where I am I have a slice of heaven...on the water I have a dock and two boats.....and can sit out on the deck and watch the ospreys and eagles

love to fish love the fresh air...love the little traffic ….. love the low crime..

on a short drive I can be at the ocean having lobsters

Old 08-27-2018, 09:02 PM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
I see you've had an evolution, revolution, and expansion of your thinking within the last three months about living without a car. That's good and positive!

You were mystified just 3 months ago about how one could live without a car and sometimes use public transit if desired, and you argued strongly against not having a car. I remembered it because you were asking me questions about it in above thread of 'My Boyfriend Does Not Have a Car and I am tired of it" and you were talking against not having a car.
You have to remember that not having a car is basically the equivalent of being stuck within the city limits in some locations, like where I am. In general, I'd never date someone without transportation, and definitely wouldn't date someone who couldn't drive.

I'm in the middle of nowhere where a 25 mile commute is easy. My worldview isn't that of a major city, or even that of clustered small towns relatively close to a major metro like Geoff is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement