Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2011, 12:07 PM

22 posts, read 128,322 times

Advertisements

Hi All ~

I found this review on an apartment ratings site.
It's all about Royal Mills Apts. in West Warwick.
Does anyone know if any of these things are true?

Again, these are not my words...it was posted anonymously awhile ago.
If you search for it, you'll find it online, but I don't believe I'm allowed to link to another site in this forum. If it's true, the owners of this place sound like real monsters & it makes me sad that upstanding RI residents do not own more of these apartment complexes themselves.

Here's the review:

Wish I would have known then what I know now.

Date posted: 8/21/2010
Years at this apartment: 2010 - 2010

First of all, you have to understand that the original purchasers of the Mill (Struever Brothers, Eccles & Rouse) went into the purchase for one thing, to make money. They have a long track record of purchasing waterfront Mills and converting them into condos (they bought this one for one dollar, that's right, one SINGLE George Washington). They also use the historical tax credits afforded by these properties to shelter all the rest of their (and their buddies) dough from Uncle Sam. Why do you think they gobbled up so many vacant historical properties in Rhode Island and never developed them'?

They have shown that they embed themselves into each new community with promises which never seem to materialize and get their hands into the pockets of local politicians to further their agenda (to make money and to shelter their money from taxes). Why do you think Wolfgang Bauer, former West Warwick Town Manager, got fired? A simple internet search on these bozos will reveal a slew of underhanded tricks used by major developers.

You think they care about the tenants? The only reason why the units are apartments right now is because the condo market is in the toilet. When it picks back up, all tenants will be graciously displaced immediately as all units will be sold for $200,000 and up. I'll tell you something else, did you know that the Royal Mills was formally a Superfund site' That's right folks! If you live there, you are sitting on high enough concentrations of lead, arsenic, PCB's and fuel oil to take down a rhino.

All this is public information available at DEM if you wish to do a file review. Those pretty wood floors they brag about so much are soaked with poison! But don't be alarmed folks, DEM said that all they have to do is cap the contamination with asphalt and concrete. I see plenty of grassy knolls on the property that are not capped. And like I said, the FLOOR BOARDS are soaked with all that crap.

In addition, the Mill brought in an investor, Marshall Friedus (a ---), to bail them out. Actually, he is only there to protect his own investment. He was involved with Struever Brothers, Eccles & Rouse in some shady rental agreement involving Underarmor Inc. which he backed using his wife's (Michelle) irrevocable trust fund.
He is a very wealthy guy from New York who presents himself as middle class (to those he wishes to dupe or manipulate) and calls himself a mensch which is Yiddish and means, a person with whom you would be happy to befriend and associate with.
His email is mench428@aol.com. How far from the truth that really is!
He is a scumbag. Plain and simple.
He attended a college called Belknap in New Hampshire which was founded by a bunch of rich Jews in the 1960's for one purpose to keep their little Jewish sons from being shipped off to Vietnam. It closed shortly after the war was over.

Does that sound like someone you would be happy to befriend or associate with?
He sounds like a coward to me. Anyway, this draft dodging penny pincher is the one managing the mill by shaving every red cent from the budget and sticking his weapon avoiding hand deeper into your pockets. The hydro-electric plant that they keep selling as a comp for the mill' Wake up people! The only reason why they are going to fire that sucker up is to reap the HUGE rewards of Obama's clean energy funding. Period. They can sell that electricity back to the grid for twice what National Grid sells it for. Google it. Dirty tenants, greedy owners and investors, **** poor management, thin walls, leaks, malfunctioning elevators, poisoned floors and soil, horrible parking situation, dog ---- everywhere, broken promises. Move out now before your broke or dead!

Last edited by chloe410; 07-17-2011 at 12:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 01:19 PM

564 posts, read 1,880,318 times
Sounds like the reviewer is pretty anti-Semitic. Puts anythng else they say into doubt. Although I wouldn't doubt any developer being a greedy bastard.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:55 PM

154 posts, read 230,407 times
West Warwick and Warwick are two different cities.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:34 AM

1,549 posts, read 3,056,073 times
I am glad these are not the OP's words. Your right Coventry Dude, the text is pretty anti semitic and puts into question any of their views. I guess having the ability to take advantage of tax credits is a crime. The company has done great work throughout the East Coast, but the market tanked and like many other housing opportunites this one went down the drain. Not unlike the 1000's of semi built new housing in Vegas, Houston, etc. The condo market also tanked and has become rental property throughout the country. Many of these projects are in the process of converting these apartments back into condo's and yes they have the right to discontinue a lease. Apartments complexes have long been changing to condo's. This is not a Rhode Island phononema or a Jewish thing. Chloe take the anon posting with a grain of salt. In fact, any posting without a name should not be looked at seriously. The posters have their own issues and agendas, don't give them credibility!

Old 12-23-2011, 12:02 PM

215 posts, read 308,049 times
Chloe, I actually took a look at the site...and there were many more reviews of this complex. Most of the reviews were negative, so I would be cautious. I would visit, talk to neighbors, observe the other residents etc. I don't like what I read, and would not rent or buy just because there were several negative reviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island