Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2013, 05:58 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,455,501 times

Advertisements

Busy afternoon. Shopped at PVD Place Mall -- packed. Went to watch a couple of inning of the Red Sox game at The Eagle -- packed. Walked home through the crowd at Waterfire -- packed! Stayed for a few minutes and they played Nessum Dorma from Turandot -- the crowd WENT WILD! Going to L'Elizabeth on South Main Street later tonight with my boyfriend and called ahead -- packed!

Oh, yeah, the city is dying... no, really, it's dying! And boring, too. No, really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 08:21 AM

9,285 posts, read 14,890,077 times
Was thinking the same thing myself as we went through the other evening. How beautiful everything looked with all the flowers planted near the intersections, etc and the lit up new bridges....and how many people were around.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:00 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,455,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Was thinking the same thing myself as we went through the other evening. How beautiful everything looked with all the flowers planted near the intersections, etc and the lit up new bridges....and how many people were around.
I spend a lot of time downtown, being a social creature. Downtown really jams on the weekend. It does well in certain areas during the week, too.

You know the newly renovated Biltmore garage? There's commercial space that's now largely occupied with hip restaurants. The outdoor seating was crowded last night, as it usually is on the weekend. That's a good sign: new businesses moving to Providence; Providence, like Maggie the cat, is ALIVE!

Our evening didn't end until about 3am -- went to The Dark Lady for apres dinner socializing. Afterwards, while we were walking my dog in Prospect Park (which, at 2am, was filled with people), we ran into some young neighborhood folks who I've seen before. They had a couple of dogs. We let them all off leash so they,too could have fun; was offered (and accepted) a beer with them (illegal in a city park, I know), and talked for an hour or so.

I'm just not used to people being so friendly in any city, nor am I used to being in a mid-sized city with a big-city attitude. Had a great night -- plus the Red Sox won -- and I scored!

Last edited by AlfieBoy; 10-06-2013 at 09:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island