Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,685 times

Advertisements

A reporter refused to leave after constantly badgering a grieving family over their injured daughter who was recently shot. She was looking for an emotional response and in turn got forced to leave. Now she had Melissa Lawrence arrested and is crying out that she was a victim of assault.

[url]https://www.change.org/petitions/wlne-tv-abc6-providence-rhode-island-remove-all-charges-against-melissa-lawrence#share[/url]

We should not allow news reporters to manipulate the laws to get their stories. When she couldn't get the news report she wanted she pushed the emotional family until they responded with force. The grieving family is even more distraught now with the victim's mother in jail because of this news reporter. We should not allow this injustice.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:37 PM

688 posts, read 2,136,081 times
Hate to tell you this, but Mrs. Lawrence has been charged by the State of Rhode Island with felony assault. At this point, it is not up to ABC6 or anybody else to drop these charges. The prosecutor may do so and it is up to his or her discretion if that will happen.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:56 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,791,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delakando View Post
We should not allow news reporters to manipulate the laws to get their stories. When she couldn't get the news report she wanted she pushed the emotional family until they responded with force. The grieving family is even more distraught now with the victim's mother in jail because of this news reporter. We should not allow this injustice.
You gotta be kidding?? All she had to do, was say "no comment." --That is what they do in predominant white neighborhoods, not throw rocks, and get their two pitt bulls to attack the reporters, while yelling anti-white epithets.

Old 06-06-2013, 04:22 PM

10,036 posts, read 15,693,219 times
Judge for yourself, see the video:

Watch: R.I. television reporter attacked while on assignment - The Source - Latest news and updates from Boston.com

What's wrong with just a "no comment" and shutting the door?

Old 06-06-2013, 07:01 PM

5,793 posts, read 5,116,575 times
"What's wrong with just a "no comment" and shutting the door?"...

Maybe...and it's easy to say this in theory. But if I were that mother, I am not so sure I would be so calm and collected. I know the reporter was just doing her job, but she needs to have a little tact.

Old 06-07-2013, 07:06 AM

45 posts, read 73,118 times
Its understandable being upset and even yelling, but violence? No excuse for that. If the reports were becoming harassing then you just call the cops.
I don't understand why anyone would want her charges dropped. She injured innocent people doing their job.

Old 06-07-2013, 07:14 AM

5,484 posts, read 6,324,126 times
Regardless of how arrogant or intrusive that reporter may have been, releasing pit bulls to attack her is waaaay beyond the bounds of reasonable action. As far as I'm concerned, releasing pit bulls to attack her is no different than had she threatened her with a gun, and she should be charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, and possibly even attempted murder. And to all reporters, there is a lesson to be learned here.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,374 times
This woman is SICK in the head!!!
The only petition I would sign is to have her ignorant ass thrown in jail!!!
ALL she had to say was "no comment" but instead she showed her TRUE COLORS....disturbed!!
Oh and my favorite part of all..."calling her a white *****"!?!?
JUST IMAGINE if the tables were turned....oh how the "racial game" would begin & explode!!
Guess its "ok" when bringing color into the mix FROM A BLACK PERSON but the other way around and all hell would break lose....such hypocrites!!
Not even the best therapist in the world could help this chick....just send her too prison so everyone else is safe!!!

Old 09-12-2014, 08:31 PM

548 posts, read 817,079 times
On this thread, everyone is saying the woman should have just said no comment and not gotten angry or violent -- and even making explicitly making it a racial thing, that you wouldn't have seen that done in a "white neighborhood". Emotional as the situation was, a normal person would have kept their cool, we're told.

Meanwhile on the Buddy Cianci thread, quite a few people have defended Buddy for beating and burning a man he thought was messing with his ex-wife (ex!), saying that while wrong, it was only a natural reaction, who can blame him. Some of the same people even complained about how "demographics" in PVD have been changing.

Just noticing....

Old 09-13-2014, 05:07 AM

23,674 posts, read 18,782,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neguy99 View Post
Meanwhile on the Buddy Cianci thread, quite a few people have defended Buddy for beating and burning a man he thought was messing with his ex-wife (ex!), saying that while wrong, it was only a natural reaction, who can blame him. Some of the same people even complained about how "demographics" in PVD have been changing.

Just noticing....
Except I don't think anybody believes that this dude was only messing with Buddy's ex "after" the divorce. Assuming thta's the case, he deserved everything he got. Now that doesn't leave Buddy off the hook, but he did pay dearly for what he did.

If your "demographics" comment is referring to my post, well I was making the point of the changing political landscape (and how that could affect the outcome of the vote). My personal example was one of Buddy's past voters, and how there are fewer and fewer now.

Last edited by massnative71; 09-13-2014 at 06:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island