Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 07:33 AM

3,796 posts, read 2,696,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy J View Post
Not so much a blog, but I am a big of Nesi's notes on WPRI to stay up to date on RI politics
Agreed. And don't forget about Dan McGowan's work at WPRI with info about City of Providence politics.

Even further inside, there are also some important exposés being written by Johanna Harris, who sits on the Providence Board of Licenses. You can find a link to her writings at ProvidenceRules.com (under City-Data's TOS, I am unable to provide you the direct link to her writings but this will get you close). The Board of Licenses has a documented history of corruption (Gordon Fox) as well as allegations of current corruption, and that seems to be an underlying theme here… It's definitely worth a read for any concerned Citizen of Providence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 08:32 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,458 times
I'm actively seeking good blogs and Web sites. I didn't realize just how hard it is to maintain a blog until I tried and failed. I have a few favorites, though.

o For micro-local CH news, the Brown Daily Herald.
o For local (and well beyond) architectural critiques and news, "Lost Providence."
o For current art and performance in PVD: The Daily Dose. This site is excellent and keeps the reader up to date, to-the-day informed. Highly suggested.

(Posting these links was a lot harder than one should submit to -- the CD SW is definitely not friendly to external links. Sites I would add if I could can be reached by adding .com to them.)

o Progressive RI politics: RIFuture
o Progressive planning and design/architecture: GreaterCityProvidence
o Local transportation issues: TransportProvidence

If anyone has some additional PVD blogs I would dearly love to learn of them.

Last edited by AlfieBoy; 10-21-2016 at 08:49 AM..

Old 10-24-2016, 08:55 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,026,395 times
GCPVD has gone downhill with the frequency of updates. I honestly find more Providence development news on ArchBoston but that's still infrequent. It's too bad. It was one of my favorites. Providence also has a really inactive Eater page (google Eater Providence) that I wish had more going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
View detailed profiles of: